"Dark" RWS Clone - does anyone own this deck?

Le Fanu

gregory said:
They should have used Bcc.... that was BAD. Seriously. Those were our PAYPAL addies, not even our email ones.....
Goodness - stupid me - I hadn't even thought of that :(

HearthCricket

Gorgeous deck, bad business. And thus, still glad I passed up on this deck.

HC Rule #1-Don't just jump on the AT bandwagon at any pretty deck before asking questions, especially when not Mass Marketed. I have been disappointed before. Not going to happen again.

gregory

HearthCricket said:

HC Rule #1-Don't just jump on the AT bandwagon at any pretty deck before asking questions, especially when not Mass Marketed. I have been disappointed before. Not going to happen again.
Maybe bad business; I suspect simple incompetence - they were startled by the speed of sales and wanted to answer FAST. I shall be glad of the decks..... I can always change my paypal addy (again ;)) if I have to !

karen0205

gregory said:
Maybe bad business; I suspect simple incompetence - they were startled by the speed of sales and wanted to answer FAST. I shall be glad of the decks..... I can always change my paypal addy (again ;)) if I have to !
It wouldn't have been that hard to set up a 'template' email and just change
the email addresses as you go along and send them out one at at time.
Maybe 15 minutes. Would have been a lot safer. They will probably
learn from this time. Hopefully the email addresses weren't sent out
to anyplace that can take advantage of them.

Filipa

i thought it was a dumb thing but it's not even my email, just the one i use for paypal so the only thing others can do with it is send me money :joke:

gregory

karen0205 said:
It wouldn't have been that hard to set up a 'template' email and just change the email addresses as you go along and send them out one at at time.
Maybe 15 minutes. Would have been a lot safer. They will probably learn from this time. Hopefully the email addresses weren't sent out to anyplace that can take advantage of them.
They would only have been briefly available to bots harvesting such things, except for all of US.....

Yes - a template is easy enough - as long as you are used to using them. Bccs are even easier. I am happy using all this stuff; and you presumably are. But it took me AGES to teach a tech lit mate to use Bcc..... 15 minutes for maybe a hundred emails ? I don't think so..... I sympathise and reckon they will learn after this - I am just irritated.

Gerbear

HearthCricket said:

AT Bandwagon?? I simply made up my mind to get this deck. The decision was mine alone, without any input from others. If that is jumping on a bandwagon, then I'm on several bandwagons...... breathing, eating, loving, etc. I'm happy for those who decided to get it, and happy for those who decide to pass on it.

gregory

Gerbear said:
AT Bandwagon?? I simply made up my mind to get this deck. The decision was mine alone, without any input from others. If that is jumping on a bandwagon, then I'm on several bandwagons...... breathing, eating, loving, etc. I'm happy for those who decided to get it, and happy for those who decide to pass on it.
:thumbsup:

There are quite a few decks on here that have been talked up to death. I have not bought anything like all of them. These I wanted.

HearthCricket

Gerbear said:

So am I and happy that people bought it and will enjoy it. I love the images, too. It is a gorgeous deck. But I want to work with it and for me, personally, I wanted it to have some kind of coating to it. I am allowed to have my personal opinion too, right? There it is. Sadly, after being on the forum for almost 8 years, I often see a deck surface, lots of people jump to buy it without questioning anything, then being very sour afterwards over the printing, the stock, the packaging, etc., saying some nasty comments to the creators and the decks end up in the trading forum. That is what I refer to as the AT Bandwagon. And we would all be liars if we said it doesn't ever happen. Did everyone who bought it jump on it? No, but I think some did. Or almost did. I was almost one of them, but put the brakes on when I found out it had no lamination of any kind. I hope everyone who gets it loves it to pieces and all ends well. :heart:

Gerbear

HearthCricket said:
So am I and happy that people bought it and will enjoy it. I love the images, too. It is a gorgeous deck. But I want to work with it and for me, personally, I wanted it to have some kind of coating to it. I am allowed to have my personal opinion too, right? There it is. Sadly, after being on the forum for almost 8 years, I often see a deck surface, lots of people jump to buy it without questioning anything, then being very sour afterwards over the printing, the stock, the packaging, etc., saying some nasty comments to the creators and the decks end up in the trading forum. That is what I refer to as the AT Bandwagon. And we would all be liars if we said it doesn't ever happen. Did everyone who bought it jump on it? No, but I think some did. Or almost did. I was almost one of them, but put the brakes on when I found out it had no lamination of any kind. I hope everyone who gets it loves it to pieces and all ends well. :heart:

Me too! I have a core group of decks that I use, maybe five or six. That is sufficient for me.The rest of my 1100+ decks are obtained for the artwork alone. Enjoy everyone!!