"Dark" RWS Clone - does anyone own this deck?

gregory

ahclem said:
Their web page clearly states that each deck is a "Limited Edition: 100 Standard Editions/10 Deluxe Editions."

I'd imagine that any second run would have to be somehow differentiated as a new and separate edition.
Yeah - one would hope so. I don't hold a huge candle for LE decks - but if they say they are they should stay that way. That said - these were cheap for LE.....

photokat

Mojo Twin 2 said:
Any word on a second run?

I think he's too freaked out by us to do a second run .... LOL

Amary

I can imagine this guy sitting on his couch, shaking his head, going, "What the hell just happened?" :D

Cerulean

I adore unlaminated stock for reading decks

HearthCricket said:
And you make a fantastic point. I wanted it for reading, which is why I changed my mind when I found out it was not laminated in any way. You want it for the art. And that is great! Considering it sounds like only a certain amount were made, if people like me bought it (and yes, I would have been very disappointed if I found it to be just paper cardstock) then people like you might not have had the chance to get it. Everyone buys or turns decks down for different reasons. That is the beauty of being aeclectic! Now if this deck ever does become MM or in a laminated version, I am all over it, especially the dark one. I like the skulls! :D

The sweet novelty of reading with matte finish linen stock decks is rare for me and my hope is this deck is like that...but likely it is just thicker paper, perhaps an art board with enough coating for the printing ink.

I am eager to hear and more likely to order if unlaminated, quality stock.

Here's to high hopes

Cerulean

missy

Le Fanu said:
I just have to hope I'm one of the ones who likes it. I just hope that when the first person posts that they don't like it (and it will happen, of course it will) it doesn't mean that everyone else can feel smug because they didn't buy it. Different strokes &c.

I have to say that, even though I didn't order the Dark deck, I am quite drawn to it. I am looking forward to all opinions of the card stock, good and bad, not so that I can feel smug in any way at all, but only to see if perhaps it will appeal to me at some later date if I am able to acquire one in the Trading Forum (as it seems I am second in line }) ).

Le Fanu said:
I think it's quite exciting!

Agreed!

And, on top of the idea of the artists doing a second run -- or, since this is a Limited Edition, I'd rather see it mass-produced! That gives the LE holders a true LE as it should be -- I'd love to persuade the artists to sell prints of the individual cards. I'm sure large prints would be quite spectacular! Perhaps sold in 5" x 7" and 8" x 10"? Of course, the previews will have to be a bit larger than the small images currently on the site of the cards, in order to sell prints one needs to see a bit more detail. Just slightly larger, I mean. But seeing the very large 3 of? sorry, forgot, think it was Pentacles, made me see how gorgeous these could be as prints! :party:

strings of life

Has someone shown them the link to this thread?

WalesWoman

gregory said:
They should have used Bcc.... that was BAD. Seriously. Those were our PAYPAL addies, not even our email ones.....

I think I am hacked off :(

Have a lemon cough drop, it's good for hacks.

Yeah well... unless your email is the same as your user name or something recognizable ... unless someone knows my real pay pal sign-in address and password it will do them no good at all... it's not that big of a deal. People can write to me, I won't mind.

I thought it was rather interesting so see who had ordered or guess who had ordered but had more important things to do that spend much time dwelling on it or even looking that carefully... the only addresses that stood out are people I already get email from anyway. :D

I really liked the sepia version, but in the end decided on the colorful one. I like that it's coming priority mail, so should be here by the end of the week... I hope.

la-luna

aurarcana said:
Second run? None if us have seen decks from the first run!

This is quite a unique experience.

I wonder if they will print more. Time will tell...

or perhaps they will give the "Bolt Cutter Design-touch" to another deck...dreaming of "Bolt Cutter Design light & dark TdM" :D