The Tarot of Vampyres

baba-prague

I'd buy a tarot made by a werewolf like a shot.

I think it would be hard to do a werewolf tarot that worked, the problem is the facial expressions. We had enough trouble with our single werewolf card - wolves just don't show a range of human emotions in their faces (by their behaviour perhaps, but you need movement to make that work) so 78 cards of "werewolf snarling", "werewolf snarling a bit", and "werewolf not snarling" might get quite tedious.

I think this new vampire tarot is well done (I actually came across it a few weeks ago but assumed it was already known about). But I'm not sure I'd buy it. It's a bit teen vamp for me, but without enough humour. I like Buffy but not Twilight - in other words, campy teen vampires yes, po-faced teen vampires no. But I bet this deck will be a huge success.

Le Fanu

baba-prague said:
... so 78 cards of "werewolf snarling", "werewolf snarling a bit, and "werewolf not snarling" might get quite tedious.
Not to mention Werewolf with a book open (High Priestess), Werewolf on a chaise longe with some barley (bearded Empress)...These might be a bit tedious too!

jcwirish

How about werewolves in various stages of transformation?

Le Fanu

Back on topic. I see the blurb proclaims this T of Vampyre as "the most visually stunning vampire deck on the market". Ahem. I would beg to differ...Bit of a contentious claim, surely?

strings of life

I need to go to the de-enabling thread for this one.

* eats cheese *

I can see it as an art deck (a stretch, but some of the cards are striking), but it's a bit over the top in my opinion.

Le Fanu

aurarcana said:
I can see it as an art deck (a stretch, but some of the cards are striking)
And what - pray - does one do with art decks? I never quite know whether I'm using art decks correctly...Do I just need to look at them every now & then?

OctoberGwen

I was all set to snicker derisively but some of these cards are quite striking. Look at that Hermit! And I love the Moon lady with her bloody sickle.

I'm not sure if I can justify this one to myself (I already have the Favole, after all), but I'll keep my eye out for the completed deck...you know, just to see. ;)

Thanks for the heads up!

morticia monroe

Next!!!!...................

Master_Margarita

baba-prague said:
I'd buy a tarot made by a werewolf like a shot.
The artwork has a lovely primitive air caused by the lack of opposable thumbs, although the decks made by werewolves who have not "changed" are virtually indistinguishable from Lo Scarabeo decks.

:)

:heart: M_M~

OctoberGwen

baba-prague said:
...so 78 cards of "werewolf snarling", "werewolf snarling a bit", and "werewolf not snarling" might get quite tedious.

Bwahahahaha! On another note, I do like that there are snarling beasties included in Vampyres, though.

bab-prague said:
I like Buffy but not Twilight - in other words, campy teen vampires yes, po-faced teen vampires no.

YES! Exactly. I heart Buffy. *high-fives Karen* Sorry, got a bit carried away in fan mode.

This deck certainly is revelling in its over-the-topness, though, isn't it? :D

And yes, irmata, I love the Fool, too...