The Tarot of Vampyres

Hemera

I'm not into the vampire thing, I haven't seen but one of the Twilight movies and certainly didn't read it...but that deck reads for me really well. But I have to say, the artwork in Vampyres really blows Eternal Night out of the water. I'm looking forward to exploring this stunner of a deck!

It's still on my wish list... Maybe I should just cave? I've been re-reading a bit of this thread myself.

I´m not much into the vampire thing either but this deck has been one of my top favorites for the past few years. The artwork is amazing, the book is excellent and the deck just reads so well. Yes Morwenna, you should cave and let the vampyres enter your life.
And please do write about your observations to our Vampyres Study Group :thumbsup:

FLizarraga

It's still on my wish list... Maybe I should just cave? I've been re-reading a bit of this thread myself.

Don't listen to Hemera. She's an evil enabler if I ever saw one....;)

I was on the fence for a long time about the Vampyres, because it's just so LURID --just too many writhing Goth teenagers. But I finally caved in (I think it was Hemera's fault, after all) and boy I'm glad I did.

Even if you don't connect with the cards, the book is so excellent --well researched, well-written, detailed to a fault-- that you'll be glad you got it. And of course you can always keep the book and give the cards away.

But let me tell you, under its lurid exterior, all that black lace and tattooed milky flesh, the deck is very well thought out, and reads VERY well, for me at least --especially after trimming it.

There. Of course I won't try to enable you, like Evil Hemera here.... *batting angelic wings*

swedishfish612

I did my deck interview with the Vamps yesterday and it really felt meaningful to me. It seemed to say that this deck is going to be an important one for me, and one that I can do some soul-searching with. I'm really intrigued!

I will definitely check out the study group. Some of these images are so unexpected!

MoonGypsy

I did my deck interview with the Vamps yesterday and it really felt meaningful to me. It seemed to say that this deck is going to be an important one for me, and one that I can do some soul-searching with. I'm really intrigued!

I will definitely check out the study group. Some of these images are so unexpected!

OwlMoon did a great YouTube Vid review a view years ago...she is much more
of a seasoned reader these days...but the Vampyres deck is still her number one.

Here is her early review back in 2011:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHOfOwhtVBg

Miss Divine

I absolutely adore this deck! I only did the ODW (one deck wonder) with 1 deck and it was with this one. It became a firm favorite very quickly and has remained so over time. My mom even loves the images in this deck! :D

fevrd

For a good look at it...

You can get it as an app on the Apple Appstore. You can get a really good look at the artwork all bright and big on an iPad and the book is an updated version from the printed one. It only costs £2.99 in sterling so I would suppose $4.99 for you.

Can't go wrong really. I got the app after the cards. Great to have them both.

Citrin

I also go the app from Fool's Dog, so I'm reading the fantastic guidebook right now. I know I will get the deck, but I also know I won't work with it during the summer so I'm waiting for September or something. ;)