Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Zerner Farber Tarot Deck?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

WyrdRaven 
Citizen

I think I would definitely prefer the borderless Zerner Farber, with its bright colors, to the Enchanted, even though the latter is larger and printed on firmer cardstock. I find the colors on the Enchanted too pale, and don't like the orange borders on the Wands suit, which seem to wash out the cards.
Top   #11
Citizen

JennyNY39 
Citizen

I definitely like the Zerner-Farber much better than the Enchanted. I felt the Enchanted was awkward to handle and not nearly as pretty with white borders.
Top   #12
Source Heiress

MoonGypsy 
Source Heiress

i have the Enchanted [i wonder where i got it from?] and i am thinking about giving it a trim. My main complaint about the Zerner-Farber is the card stock. i think a trimmed Enchanted will be much sturdier than the Z-F. i also like the Enchanted backs better than the Z-F.
Hugs,
MGxxx
Top   #13
Resident

Scarletsky 
Resident

I think it's a nice enough deck, but a little too busy. I never read with it anymore.
Top   #14
Citizen

Miss Divine 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletsky
I think it's a nice enough deck, but a little too busy. I never read with it anymore.
That is the reason I gave my 2 copies away.
Top   #15
Citizen

MareSaturni 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyNY39
I definitely like the Zerner-Farber much better than the Enchanted. I felt the Enchanted was awkward to handle and not nearly as pretty with white borders.
That's why I trimmed mine. You have no idea how BETTER it looks without the white borders. ANd much easier to shuffle!

I never had the Zerner-Farber, so I can't tell if I'd like it better than the Enchanted...
Top   #16
Citizen

hunter 
Citizen

I did an IDS with the deck. I like the books and CD better than the cards themselves. I find the cards kind of muddy to look at. I do like the card stock and size, though.
Top   #17
Permanent Resident of Halloween Town

WolfyJames 
Permanent Resident of Halloween Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulis
The Enchanted Tarot seems washed out on this link but it's not the case at all. The colors are beautiful. Here is another link where the scans are better quality:

http://***********************.com/ph...nchanted_Tarot

I've never bought the smaller version because the smaller version doesn't have the same ratio height/lenght than the Enchanted, it's smaller in length, so the images are a bit compressed.
Top   #18
Citizen

minrice 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer
Yes Minrice, it does seem to sugar coat bad news ..
It's like talking to a lovely old Aunt who gives good advice, but in a very gentle way .. lovely.
That's a good way of putting it! Yes, good advice and honest but this deck isn't going to be in your face about it. Relationship or day heading south? The deck will tell you but let you down easy!

It was really nice about this one work day (I didn't know if I would get called in), and said that yes I would have work because one of the male teachers would have an injury of some sort that prevented him from coming in.
Even the "bad" cards are so pretty, its like Ooooo, thats nice. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer
Oooo! I didn't know that there was a bigger version .. thanks for that .. heads of to Amazon.
I didn't know that either until someone was looking for a copy in the trading threads and it was like what?! there's a bigger version?
I have the Enchanted now and I love it but it is harder to handle than the Zerner-Faber if you're like me and have small hands. Cardstock is thicker too, so I can't riffle. I have to spread them out and swirl them around.
Top   #19
Citizen

Carla 
Citizen

The guy from Tarot Oracle reviews the deck here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ouC...eature=related

He says 'It looks like a stained glass window puked up a tarot deck.' Which made me laugh.
Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.