Falling In Love With Rider Waite - Albano

EightWands

Have decided to study tarot more in depth and to go back to where it all started for me - meaning Rider Waite. I find this deck triggers my intuition much more.

I have an old Albano Waite tarot, who begs to be used again. She's been in our family since late 60's. Shes aged but in good shape!

So who here uses the Albano? Or do you have a favorite version of Rider Waite?

I looked at the "Original Rider Waite" and am tempted because I like the coloring and the aged look, but I'm partial to my Albano that I've had forever and really get good vibes from. :)

nisaba

EightWands said:
So who here uses the Albano? Or do you have a favorite version of Rider Waite?
I've never owned an Albano. Of those which have passed through my hands, I quite like two: the Radiant, which softens the hard, black outlines and has a bit of colour-gradient in it, and the Diamond, which has those psychedelic borders. They're not necessarily my favourite decks, though.

EightWands said:
but I'm partial to my Albano that I've had forever and really get good vibes from. :)
Hey, look, if the deck has been broken in, in such a way that it feels warm and wonderful, nothing can substitute for that! (It's good to alternate them with something new and crisp and clean, though).

Freddie

The Albano-Waite is my favourite version of the Waite-Smith pack. The colouring of this deck is what makes the deck so great to use, even though it is not everyones' cup of tea.

Enjoy

Freddie

WyrdRaven

I am another one who loves the Albano Waite. I really resonate with the bold colors as well as the happy memories of times gone by. I find I don't care for the more subtly-colored Waite renditions. I also like the University Books, Radiant, Diamond and Illuminated. How lucky you are to have a lovely old deck that has been with you through the years. That's a deck that knows you well and will give you great readings!

Noelle

Freddie said:
The colouring of this deck is what makes the deck so great to use, even though it is not everyones' cup of tea.

I agree. It's a great RW version.