Fantastical Creatures Tarot

norsedragon

Anyone out there using the Fantastical Creatures Tarot by DJ Conway and Lisa Hunt? I have used their Celtic Dragon tarot for years, and have felt the need to learn a new deck and have settled on this one. Curious to see what others think of this deck.

Serenia

Hi there! :)

I use this deck for studying, readings and drawing daily cards. And since it's the first one I bought, it's also the deck I know best - if you can talk about "knowing best" after you owned it for only three weeks. But it already feels like we've been together for ages! :D

I noticed that some of the cards seem to differ a bit from the classic Rider-Waite meanings, but I don't mind, because I try to look at the picture first an then refer to my book with meanings.
Wands and Swords seem to have their elements swapped, but I don't mind that either. Well, actually I just noticed that a few days ago. :bugeyed: But I find that it reads fine, independently of the swapped elements.

When I was on the look-out for my first deck, I browsed several websites with deck pictures and found that this one immediately jumped at me. You know, some decks whisper, but I could practically hear this one shouting at me! :D
So I ordered the deck and I have not been disappointed so far. I'd highly recommend it! I'm aware though, that most people seem to have a different taste in decks than me, but so far it's one of my two active reading decks. I find that it's a good deck for answering serious questions about life in general, whereas I use my Crystal Visions Tarot for family and relationship stuff.

Compared to the Celtic Dragon deck (which I also own, but don't read with) the artwork is kind of different. The colors are less soft and more "direct" in a way. When you know that both were made by the same artist, you can easily see the connection, but if you don't, you won't necessarily notice. The card material is different as well, Fantastical Creatures is more glossy. I like both decks, in their own way.

annik

I have many deck by Lisa Hunt. What I like with this artist, it's the evolution we can see in her artwork from deck to deck. I find she is getting better and better. I may be sold to her art! (-: