"Medieval Chihuahua Tarot" ...completed...

MoonGypsy

i received my adorable regular sized Chi Deck yesterday. :heart: i am extremely happy with the deck itself. i personally find it very colorful and so cute.While the card quality is admittedly not the best in the world, with careful shuffling i think the deck can hold up for a long time. Had Lyn not mentioned anything about the color being darker than her originals, i don't think i would even have noticed any difference. :heart:i love that the deck is such a lovely matte and not glossy.

The only things i [personally] find wanting are:

The thank you card printing is way too small and extremely hard to read; the color chosen should have had greater contrast. The blue print gets lost on the background. But this is no biggie. :)

The only other minor thing:

Chihuahua is spelled wrong on the side of the box; where it <should> say "Using Real Chihuahua Photos", it has Chihuahua spelled "Chihuhahua".

All in all, i am quite pleased with the deck itself. i think you did a fantastic job, Lyn! i am sorry you are so unhappy with the printing.

Hugs and Blessings,
MG xxx

celticnoodle

Lyn, thank you so much for all this. I'm sorry you are going through such a time about this. I did go ahead and asked them to cancel my order for now. I figured I'd wait to see what you decide to do and then I can re-order. I was one of the ones who received an email asking if I wanted to cancel the order and have my money returned to me, or go ahead and receive the copy.

It sounds like everyone who is getting them is happy with them overall. I will wait though for the final word from you on what you do and I can always re-order them then. Don't fret about it though, Lyn. I am sure all will work out in the end.

(((Lyn)))

tarotlyn

Don't sweat it, Lyn.

I ordered four regular-sized decks for the chi owners in our gang, and it sounds like they arrived in good shape. My own brother hasn't seen them yet--he works away from home, it's his partner who's getting such a kick out of them!

I feel sure that Spike's owner won't mind that the name is misspelled--it's the picture of the brave lil' guy that counts the most ;)
:heart: Debra, that is such good news that your brother's partner is have such fun with the cards! LOL :laugh:
Now, i can't wait to hear what your brother thinks about his cute little Pinto in the deck ...LOL
This deck will make one laugh...Chi's are funny little dogs after all and i tried to capture their personalities...
i am so happy everyone on your end (so far) seems okay with the deck as is.
BUT, Debra, i just got an idea, i can have just Spike's card printed out and send those to you.
What about that...however you will have to bear with me until i get the printer thing fixed!
In fact i am going to explain the latest with that...below in this post...

Ok, I just have to post these pics.

The first is Pinto in his wizard costume made by my brother's partner.
The second is my brother (left) and his talented partner (right) in costumes made out of THE DRAPES FROM MY OLD APARTMENT!

Just to show that the only thing cuter than a chi in costume is a chi owner in costume LOL
:heart: Wow...Debra...no kidding, your brother is really very talented making those costumes
...those are absolutely great!!! i think he should make more and open a rental shop...
but the headaches probably with one of those :bugeyed: ... Tell him i am soooo impressed
by his craftsmanship! They're wonderful!
And Pinto's is so cute with his stars, moons, and looks like rhinestones on velvet...i want
a dress like that! :thumbsup: Most Chihuahuas really do liked being dressed up and fussed over! LOL
He is so cute! Thank you for sharing the images...that made my day brighter! :) :heart:

i received my adorable regular sized Chi Deck yesterday. :heart: i am extremely happy with the deck itself. i personally find it very colorful and so cute.While the card quality is admittedly not the best in the world, with careful shuffling i think the deck can hold up for a long time. Had Lyn not mentioned anything about the color being darker than her originals, i don't think i would even have noticed any difference. :heart:i love that the deck is such a lovely matte and not glossy.

The only things i [personally] find wanting are:

The thank you card printing is way too small and extremely hard to read; the color chosen should have had greater contrast. The blue print gets lost on the background. But this is no biggie. :)

The only other minor thing:

Chihuahua is spelled wrong on the side of the box; where it <should> say "Using Real Chihuahua Photos", it has Chihuahua spelled "Chihuhahua".

All in all, i am quite pleased with the deck itself. i think you did a fantastic job, Lyn! i am sorry you are so unhappy with the printing.

Hugs and Blessings,
MG xxx
:heart: Wow...my sis...i am taking that all in right now...just got up as i went to bed so late :bugeyed:
i am so so happy to hear your deck is acceptable, even though they are darker than they should be.
i will update on the deck...below this post.

Yes, i had a hard time getting so many names on one card! i will try to fix that as i still
have the originals. i think you are right, a different background would probably be better
i see now and change the blue links...nah...i like the blue links :p ...tells people they are 'links'...
i just need to change the background and maybe shrink down my top titles and 'thank you message' a little.
There were just so many people in the thread helping me with that deck...oh, and i didn't
have the space for an extra card to split it into two 'thank you' cards as it would have
driven the deck up by almost $2 (just by adding 1 more card!) But, thank you for telling me
and i will work on it and see what i can do.

Regarding the box 'Chihuhahua'...LOL :laugh: sorry...i didn't even notice that...i guess it
just adds to the 'humor' of the deck!!! :)shhh: sis, can i blame it on Mercury retrograde that
was happening when i edited the tuck box and the cards?) Nah...i take full responsibility...
so, my loveliest sis, i can send you a new tuck box if you want it, just let me know.
However, i will have to wait to see what happens with TGC because i am not sure if i will
stay with them or not. i could send you an organza bag, but you'd have to wait till i order
some as i am out of the regular size. Let me know, my sis!
Thank you for bringing these things to my attention! It is much appreciated!

:heart:@everyone

As i said before if anyone is unhappy with their deck and box, please let me know...

i would like to give you all an update on this deck as i know some of you have received
letters from TGC offering you options regarding your order.

i stopped the sales on this deck (at TGC) because i felt they were over saturated in ink and too dark.
So i brought this to their attention...and at first i didn't exactly get a warm welcome (shall we say :bugeyed: )
But since the owner has called me and he finally agreed to send out letters to everyone
telling them that 'i' wasn't happy with the deck. The letters only went out to those that
had not received their orders yet. i cannot not stop them filling the order and it is left
totally up to the buyer at this point.

So here is the deal:
i think they are darker than they should be. BUT i might be the only one that wants to
complain to TGC...so far several people are keeping their decks and would rather not
complain and possibly i am the only one that got a 'darker run' print job as i was the 'first
to have my cards printed off. So your deck may be lighter than mine, but i just don't know
for sure. i don't want anyone unhappy with the deck...it is my name that it is representing!

So here is the email reply i received this morning from TGC's owner:
(after he received my photo shots of the cards they had sent me)

...start email from TGC owner to me...
Subject: Re: from Lyn (tarotlyn) Re: IMAGES ...Oversaturation/darkness issue on Chihuahua deck

Your prints are certainly darker than the images you submitted, however, the darkness is
not out of scope for our system.

I'll contact all the people that still have your game in our queue, tell them that you are
pulling the deck, and ask them if they would like to proceed or get a refund.

Tell me what you want me to do with your order:

a) Reprint and send you a new copy directly after calibration.

b) Refund to shop credit.

c) Refund to your credit card.

...end of owners email...

Then here is my reply
Hello J.T.

Thank you for responding, so quickly, to my email.
Please just 'refund' my money 'back to my credit card' at this time...
Thank you and I will be looking for that, going back, in the next few days.
After you do that, then I will start over, and just order a few cards at a time
until I am satisfied with the saturation thing.
Again thank you for your attention in this matter.
...signed by me...and end of my email reply to TGC...

Now an update regarding that 'reseller's program' i told you about with
printerstudio.com :

Here is my email correspondence with printerstudio:

...start email from me to them...

Subject: Reseller program
Message: Hello, I have a few questions about your reseller program:

Question:
Would i be able to order just 'one' deck at one time for my customers and have you drop ship it to them?
I do have a paypal account already.

I need an answer soon as i have more tarot decks orders coming to you if I can get this worked out.
PLUS in my tarot community of people (all over facebook, and on my forums, etc.) many
people from there that are artists will follow me here to have their own decks printed by you
and they would want to become resellers as well, IF we are able to order (as a reseller)
ONE deck at a time and have it dropshipped by you to our customers?

There are a LOT of people and artists online that I have daily contact with and that are always creating more decks.

Right now I have 1 more (Lenormand) deck (less cards than a regular tarot deck) that i am
almost done creating...and i have about 4 other decks that i have already started work on.
So that would be about 7 decks with you...plus i would offer all the different playing card sizes for 'each' deck I have.

I hope you understand me and what I am saying?

Question:
regarding sizes:
I see you have 'bridge,' 'poker,' and jumbo sized playing cards,
but do you also offer (approximately) this card size:
(which is the standard tarot sized card) 2.75 x 4.75 inches ?

One further question, how can I change my email address on my account with you?

Lastly:
I previously placed an order with you and received my order from you and it was of excellent quality. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Lynnette
...end of my request email...

...start of printerstudio 'reply' email to me...

Hi Lynnette,

We have updated the email for you and thanks for your feedback on our card quality.
We have submitted your request on standard tarot size cards to our product development
team for their consideration.

Yes, we offer drop shipping for our resellers. Do you want to join us? If yes, please let us
know and we will enroll you to our reseller.

Your PrinterStudio Team
www.PrinterStudio.com

...end of email...

Here is the thing...this would be great, their 'past' quality i received was very nice,
shipping is only about, i think, $5.95 to the usa for one poker sized deck...and if they drop ship then
the shipping time may be about the same as TGC's. So there you have it...

Oh, and also they offer things like calendars, canvas bags, and other stuff with 'your image' on it...
So Pinto could very well be put on a carry bag...LOL ...how cute would that be? ... or on a calendar...

Their prices are comparable, etc... not totally sure yet of my 'costs' there if i go as a reseller,
but whatever, i can pass the savings (if there are any) to the customer as i would lower
the prices accordingly. The shipping certainly would be cheaper... AND they drop ship too!!!

So this would mean though, that a person would have to pay me first, via paypal and then
i would place the order and it would go directly to them.

They do not have the tuck boxes so they would come in just a sturdy, but small, cardboard box...no large game boxes anymore!

So what do you all think now? Should i go for the reseller thing...or back to TGC?

Oh...almost forgot, here is the letter that the TGC owner sent out to my existing people
that had ordered their decks but are not printed yet:

...start email to my customers 'from' TGC...

We have put your order on hold pending your response to this email.

The designer of Medieval Chihuahua Tarot has pulled the game from our site because she is dissatisfied with the color saturation of the cards.
Your order is on hold because we wanted to give you the choice of how to proceed.
Your options are:

a) We can credit you the cost of your order and not ship it.

b) We can ship Medieval Chihuahua Tarot as you originally requested.

The choice is yours. Please let me know which way you would like to proceed and we will make it happen.
Thank you for your time.

(and was signed by the owner of TGC)
...end of email...

Anyone that placed an order with TGC (that is not printed yet) and got this letter, please let me know what you think.

:heart: Hugs, Lyn...
p.s. i am just looking out for my good name and for all of you as well...:heart:

MoonGypsy

tarotlyn said:
Wow...my sis...i am taking that all in right now...just got up as i went to bed so late
i am so so happy to hear your deck is acceptable, even though they are darker than they should be.
Yes, i had a hard time getting so many names on one card! i will try to fix that as i still
have the originals. i think you are right, a different background would probably be better
i see now and change the blue links...nah...i like the blue links ...tells people they are 'links'..

All it needs is a light background to show them better...then the blue will work.

tarotlyn said:
Regarding the box 'Chihuhahua'...LOL sorry...i didn't even notice that...i guess it
just adds to the 'humor' of the deck!!! ( sis, can i blame it on Mercury retrograde that
was happening when i edited the tuck box and the cards?) Nah...i take full responsibility...
so, my loveliest sis, i can send you a new tuck box if you want it, just let me know.

Honey, i don't need a new box; the misspelling doesn't bother me at all. :) i only mentioned it for your edification, in case it had been gamecrafters mistake.
i am happy with everything, and the thank you card is extremely minor. i have tried reading with the deck, and it is GREAT! :thumbsup: i am very happy, so don't you worry a speck about me, dear sis! :*

Hugs and blessings,
MG xxx

celticnoodle

:heart:@everyone

Now an update regarding that 'reseller's program' i told you about with
printerstudio.com :

Here is my email correspondence with printerstudio:

...start email from me to them...

Subject: Reseller program
Message: Hello, I have a few questions about your reseller program:

Question:
Would i be able to order just 'one' deck at one time for my customers and have you drop ship it to them?
I do have a paypal account already.

I need an answer soon as i have more tarot decks orders coming to you if I can get this worked out.
PLUS in my tarot community of people (all over facebook, and on my forums, etc.) many
people from there that are artists will follow me here to have their own decks printed by you
and they would want to become resellers as well, IF we are able to order (as a reseller)
ONE deck at a time and have it dropshipped by you to our customers?

There are a LOT of people and artists online that I have daily contact with and that are always creating more decks.

Right now I have 1 more (Lenormand) deck (less cards than a regular tarot deck) that i am
almost done creating...and i have about 4 other decks that i have already started work on.
So that would be about 7 decks with you...plus i would offer all the different playing card sizes for 'each' deck I have.

I hope you understand me and what I am saying?

Question:
regarding sizes:
I see you have 'bridge,' 'poker,' and jumbo sized playing cards,
but do you also offer (approximately) this card size:
(which is the standard tarot sized card) 2.75 x 4.75 inches ?

One further question, how can I change my email address on my account with you?

Lastly:
I previously placed an order with you and received my order from you and it was of excellent quality. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Lynnette
...end of my request email...

...start of printerstudio 'reply' email to me...

Hi Lynnette,

We have updated the email for you and thanks for your feedback on our card quality.
We have submitted your request on standard tarot size cards to our product development
team for their consideration.

Yes, we offer drop shipping for our resellers. Do you want to join us? If yes, please let us
know and we will enroll you to our reseller.

Your PrinterStudio Team
www.PrinterStudio.com

...end of email...

Here is the thing...this would be great, their 'past' quality i received was very nice,
shipping is only about, i think, $5.95 to the usa for one poker sized deck...and if they drop ship then
the shipping time may be about the same as TGC's. So there you have it...

Oh, and also they offer things like calendars, canvas bags, and other stuff with 'your image' on it...
So Pinto could very well be put on a carry bag...LOL ...how cute would that be? ... or on a calendar...

Their prices are comparable, etc... not totally sure yet of my 'costs' there if i go as a reseller,
but whatever, i can pass the savings (if there are any) to the customer as i would lower
the prices accordingly. The shipping certainly would be cheaper... AND they drop ship too!!!

So this would mean though, that a person would have to pay me first, via paypal and then
i would place the order and it would go directly to them.

They do not have the tuck boxes so they would come in just a sturdy, but small, cardboard box...no large game boxes anymore!

So what do you all think now? Should i go for the reseller thing...or back to TGC?

Oh...almost forgot, here is the letter that the TGC owner sent out to my existing people
that had ordered their decks but are not printed yet:

...start email to my customers 'from' TGC...

We have put your order on hold pending your response to this email.

The designer of Medieval Chihuahua Tarot has pulled the game from our site because she is dissatisfied with the color saturation of the cards.
Your order is on hold because we wanted to give you the choice of how to proceed.
Your options are:

a) We can credit you the cost of your order and not ship it.

b) We can ship Medieval Chihuahua Tarot as you originally requested.

The choice is yours. Please let me know which way you would like to proceed and we will make it happen.
Thank you for your time.

(and was signed by the owner of TGC)
...end of email...

Anyone that placed an order with TGC (that is not printed yet) and got this letter, please let me know what you think.

:heart: Hugs, Lyn...
p.s. i am just looking out for my good name and for all of you as well...:heart:

Lyn, I checked out this place online, printerstudio, and I like it! I may order some extra stuff from them (whether I do it w/the deck by you or a total separate order) for Christmas gifts. I like all the things they offer and have many ideas flowing through my head for Christmas. How cool would it be for my family members to receive a deck of playing cards (as only my mother & I actually read tarot) with a family picture on it? Since we are soon having a family reunion, I'm going to do my best to get a good picture of us all and have that put on a deck I think for Christmas gifts. :p I would prefer ordering from this company, but of course it is YOUR deck, and I will order one no matter where you go to for the decks to be printed. Just post here and I'll continue to check back to see where you decide to go.

I am sorry you had so much stress on you over the printing of this deck. You put so much work into it and then you are donating it to the society to help dogs, and it just doesn't seem fair that you have to go through more stress again with the quality. so, don't let it get to you anymore, and just remember how much you are doing to help and save these poor dogs! I think it is wonderful that you are doing this. I cannot wait to order my copy and get it. I also cannot wait to take it to the Hubbards Hounds then to show it to them. I am also thinking about taking it to the New Age shop near me and see if they also may be interested in obtaining a few decks to sell and if I can find any other shops that may be interested, I'll let you know! :D

tarotlyn

All it needs is a light background to show them better...then the blue will work.

Honey, i don't need a new box; the misspelling doesn't bother me at all. :) i only mentioned it for your edification, in case it had been gamecrafters mistake.
i am happy with everything, and the thank you card is extremely minor. i have tried reading with the deck, and it is GREAT! :thumbsup: i am very happy, so don't you worry a speck about me, dear sis! :*

Hugs and blessings,
MG xxx
:heart: Goodness, you are so wonderful, no wonder you are my special sis! :heart:
i really appreciate you, and everyone, supporting me in this situation. i am such a boob sometimes
and make mistakes. 'duh' is how i feel sometimes! LOL especially if I make an obvious mistake!
So no excuses...just a red face here! LOL But i do try.and sometimes it is hard too because
of wanting everything to be 'perfect' in a imperfect world! Yikes! But i keep trying anyway!
:heart: Thanks, my sis!

Lyn, I checked out this place online, printerstudio, and I like it! I may order some extra stuff from them (whether I do it w/the deck by you or a total separate order) for Christmas gifts. I like all the things they offer and have many ideas flowing through my head for Christmas. How cool would it be for my family members to receive a deck of playing cards (as only my mother & I actually read tarot) with a family picture on it? Since we are soon having a family reunion, I'm going to do my best to get a good picture of us all and have that put on a deck I think for Christmas gifts. :p I would prefer ordering from this company, but of course it is YOUR deck, and I will order one no matter where you go to for the decks to be printed. Just post here and I'll continue to check back to see where you decide to go.

I am sorry you had so much stress on you over the printing of this deck. You put so much work into it and then you are donating it to the society to help dogs, and it just doesn't seem fair that you have to go through more stress again with the quality. so, don't let it get to you anymore, and just remember how much you are doing to help and save these poor dogs! I think it is wonderful that you are doing this. I cannot wait to order my copy and get it. I also cannot wait to take it to the Hubbards Hounds then to show it to them. I am also thinking about taking it to the New Age shop near me and see if they also may be interested in obtaining a few decks to sell and if I can find any other shops that may be interested, I'll let you know! :D
:heart: Hon, you know you are such a sweetheart friend, you do know that... i hope! :heart:

The reason i posted all the information above about the printing problems, etc. was to help
other creators that might run into the same problems there...at least i got the printer's attention!!!

And yes, the printerstudio looks so very promising...i do like them so far, they are lovely people
and guess what...they listen to you! i had a very pleasant experience when i had previously
placed an order with them months ago. AND now, to be able to have them drop ship my decks, WOW
i can't be mailing out 7 different decks all the time :bugeyed: ...can you imagine?!!!

This will be great because it means that i can sell my decks from my own web pages that
i already have set up!!! i will have the buyers click on the link, take them to paypal, and
then as soon as i see the payment, i will order their deck from printerstudio, and they will
ship directly to my customer...should be pretty quick, i hope...not any slower than TGC as
long as PS (printerstudio) will drop ship.

i just got accepted into their resellers program and now i am waiting for them to email me
the next step. They are a HUGE printer and i don't think i will have any printing problems with them,
but i am still going to place my own order first and make sure i am satisfied with it before
opening the sales again...i will keep you and everyone updated.

i just hope this helps other artists on here to know what to watch out for, etc.

:heart: Thanks, my sweet friend, for sticking with me, wuv you! :love:
Lyn

ahclem

Well, I came here to report on receiving my jumbo deck yesterday and see I've missed all the excitement. Briefly, my deck is wonderful. I haven't carefully compared the cards to the posted scans, but just on their own, they all look great. I'm thrilled to have it. Wonderful job, Lyn.

The only odd (amusing really) TGC issue, is that the deck came in this ridiculously oversized TGC game box, inside of which the deck was split up into three ziplock plastic bags that were so small that it was a battle to get the cards out of each one. The contrast was kind of surreal.

But, apart from that, I couldn't be happier. On behalf of Pixel, Paco, Theya, Rosie and Pixel's friend, thanks Lyn.

tarotlyn

Well, I came here to report on receiving my jumbo deck yesterday and see I've missed all the excitement. Briefly, my deck is wonderful. I haven't carefully compared the cards to the posted scans, but just on their own, they all look great. I'm thrilled to have it. Wonderful job, Lyn.

The only odd (amusing really) TGC issue, is that the deck came in this ridiculously oversized TGC game box, inside of which the deck was split up into three ziplock plastic bags that were so small that it was a battle to get the cards out of each one. The contrast was kind of surreal.

But, apart from that, I couldn't be happier. On behalf of Pixel, Paco, Theya, Rosie and Pixel's friend, thanks Lyn.
:heart: Thank you achlem for letting me know about your deck. i guess some people got a
darker deck than others. It was probably printer setup problem but i pulled the decks as
soon as i got mine, just to be sure.

And LOL, i ordered the Jumbo deck too and mine were packed the same way. They don't
have a tuck box for that size. This printer is used to supplying 'gamers' is why they pack this way.

You have a lot of Chi's in the deck, so it is a good one to have for later on too!

When you say 'the contrast was surreal' you mean it is over saturated? or too dark?
You can send an email to TGC and them that the deck was printed too dark (if it is for you)
and if they don't replace it or refund you, then you can let me know and we will go from them
but try them first if you decide you want to.
Thank you for allowing me to put your little babies in the deck :heart:
:heart: HUGS, Lyn

Debra

Knowing ahclem, I imagine he is pointing to the strange contrast between the big spacious mailing box and the tight little ziplock bags (like reaching into your spacious handbag to struggle with a too-small overstuffed wallet)--not anything about the printing :laugh:

tarotlyn

Knowing ahclem, I imagine he is pointing to the strange contrast between the big spacious mailing box and the tight little ziplock bags (like reaching into your spacious handbag to struggle with a too-small overstuffed wallet)--not anything about the printing :laugh:
:heart:Debra, oh, you are right, i just went back and re-read his post. Wow, am i ever dragging today :bugeyed:
...i went grocery shopping tonight and was exhausted when i got home and sure enough,
when i looked up my 'physical' biorhythm cycle, it is right on the critical line...and boy can i feel that tonight!
Thank goodness it is on the upswing :bugeyed: So i just read his post wrong... Maybe i am
just a tad over concerned about you guys and wanting you to be happy with your decks.
...guess i better relax a little :laugh:

:heart: Hugs,
Lyn