Zombie Tarot

annik

I do have the deck. Some cards are a little bit more darker than other ones. But the overall feel is witty humour noir. There isn't a sense of a zombie apocalypse where all the cards show living against dead. There is a few cards where living and dead seems to live side by side.

I think it is a good follow up from those who had done the housewives tarot (I love that one). I haven't read much with the zombie tarot compared to the housewives one. I may try the zombie a bit more in the future.

kell

I never knew this was a *real* tarot, just thought it was a tongue-in-cheek satire.
Inner Whispers on youtube has a great review of this deck. www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrX0gT7_oBU
Looks like a perfect deck for Halloween:)

Morwenna

As much as I love the Housewives, and as much as I love retro, and as much as I love satire, this one is a pass for me. ((Brr))

kimtsan

It's certainly not for the faint-hearted. :) I love its grotesqueness and its dark humour. You get very excited, quirky, and adrenal readings from it. I remember there was this one card in particular that has a housewife kicking a man off a stairs into a hoard of zombies. A creative, tough and decisive way to stay alive...albeit a murder. I think when you're working with this deck, you're meant to enter a space of suspended reality and interpret the "story" in the context of a Zombie Apocalypse. It's mad fun. :)

ana luisa

I ADORE this deck !! And I do not own ANY dark deck. The thing is, although it shows a lot of flesh (rotten or fresh), severed limbs and such, when you read it, it stops "feeling" noir. It is a lighthearted deck, with clear messages and to me, an extra bonus. Sometimes, the sitter is the human being, sometimes, the zombie. It allows for two perspectives which is AWESOME. The only downside to me is the stock. VERY thick and cardboardy.
Having said all that, the person to ask about it HAS to be Shadowdancer. She even used a card from the deck for her avatar and has provided an extensive study of the cards in the Study Groups section.

shadowdancer

If I could only take one deck onto the proverbial desert island? It is this baby :D :D

I LOVE it. Tongue in cheek? For sure? Cliche laden? Heck yeah.
Able to give serious readings? Absolutely.

Just take a look at the 10 of cups and see the wee zombie in the sea wearing a bathing cap. Soooo endearing.

And that queen of swords is the gran we would love to have. Blue rinse and pearls with an uzi and an additude. Underestimate her at your peril.

A genius of a deck IMO.

danieljuk

The lovely Shadowdancer once gave me a really amazing reading here with the Zombie tarot. I would never have chosen it for a reading but asked for whatever deck called to her. It was a really revelatory and serious reading. The zombies in many of the cards represented me as an 'outsider' at that period in time. really interesting.

Since then I bought the Zombie and Housewives Tarot in a trade exchange here . I really love the Housewives Tarot, it totally appeals to my Kitschy love of that period. It also gives really sharp and to the point readings. I think the Zombie Tarot is quite like that too but I haven't opened the box yet! But I think I will :) I put off using them because of the Zombies, but I don't think the Zombies are meant for horror, they are meant for kitschy comedy in the same way as the Housewives. It's not meant to be disturbing like some decks but more to give you a chuckle.

gonna open my box and use it now :)