Yikes do not know what to do!

SilverClaw

I have now 4 decks that I am thinking of doing, but with my first two that I mentioned I am havign a problem. Orignally my Gateway deck was to be done in oils , but I do not know if that is possible. I think it would look better in oils, but with my kids I do not get the itme to oil paint like I want.

So I am stuck. And as soon as I get over that part I should be able to post so rough drafts from my Gateway deck and my Dragon Lizard deck.

HudsonGray

Take what time you can & give the oils your full attention in small bits rather than trying to smush it all in during the course of a day. That way you're not going to feel like you compromised on time & attention.

Chronata

Wow SilverClaw!
That's a lotta decks you have in you!!

My advise would be to do what you can with whichever deck is currently making the most noise....
And to work in whatever medium is the easiest.

If the one deck you have an idea for really needs to be done in oilsl...then I would wait until you have the time (maybe when the kids are a bit older?)

But if you have three other decks that are calling to you to create them, then do one of those first...especially in an easy to work with medium.

The important thing is really just to begin!

FearfulSymmetry

Hi Silver Claw,
For what it's worth I am using oils on my cards (mary-el) and have 2 children aged 1 & 6. I don't find it much harder to use than other mediums with them around except I have to be extra careful because of the toxicity, I keep everything locked up, never leave it alone in a room with them even for a minute and keep the room well ventilated. It is slow but I think the results are worth it.
Marie

SilverClaw

Well I do not know what to do still, I do not have a room to lock my stuff in to keep away from the kids which is the main reason I do not want to do it right now. Especially with the way my art supplies and stuff have been being broken latly to.

Well I will keep ya updated when things happen ok?

Take Care:D

ambermoon

When I was a student, I used a vintage machinist's toolbox for storing my art supplies. While I used it because it was just so beautifully made and because my desk didn't have the storage I needed, the thing is that it had a locking panel that went up the front. Sounds like something that would help you keep your children safe from your paints.

As for keeping the wet canvas safe, there are wooden boxes, called canvas carriers, I think, that plein air artists use to transport their wet canvasses. Since the boxes are wooden, I'm sure you could add a locking hasp if they don't come with one.

Finding time--well that's a tough one, but everything can be set up quickly and put away easily, you can use your time to the fullest.

SilverClaw

ambermoon thanks for those ideas. I think I will go look and see what I can find around here for a tool box like that.