Fantastical creatures tarot by Lisa Hunt

Papageno

I don't like the Goddess Kali being classified as a "creature"......nor Orberon for that matter..........or the Gnomes or Mermaid

Fantastical Beings would have suited me better

Miren

Yes, I think that Kali is a bit out of place there. Oberon a bit too.

But the artwork is quite lovely. I'll have to see how it turns out. May want to get a copy at some point.

souljourney

Just got this email back from USGames...

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes we are publishing the deck, Fantastical Creatures. It will come out in our Premier Tarot Edition, which will include the deck, booklet and a spreadsheet.

We believe that second quarter is a more realistic time frame for the release of the deck.

You should keep your eye on our website at www.usgamesinc.com as we post availability of the deck as it becomes available.

Thank you and best regards,

Kathryn

MaryElTarotFan

DANG, I was just thinking the same thing about Kali and Oberon being classified as "Fantastic Creatures" Other than that, it appears to be a promising deck with lovely artwork

Citrine

Fantastical
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fantastical

Creature
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/creature

It seems to me that there is enough room in those definitions to cover all the bases. Every card I've seen shows beings of a fantastical nature, so I don't have a problem with the title of the deck.

Each new card that appears on that site just makes me want to get the deck even more. :eek:) Thank you souljourney for finding out about the release from US Games.

--Citrine--

room

Boy, that Travelocity gnome sure gets around. . . .

HearthCricket

souljourney said:
Yes we are publishing the deck, Fantastical Creatures. It will come out in our Premier Tarot Edition, which will include the deck, booklet and a spreadsheet.

Hmmm... Booklet. That sounds like a LWB. I hope it is more, like the books that come with the Halloween, Sacred Rose, Russian St. Petersburg, etc. !! It could be wonderful! The deck is gorgeous. I can't wait for it to come out!

souljourney

I think the Premier edition are the ones like the sets they sell such as Halloween tarot, Dragon tarot. So "Booklet" would be more like 100 pages maybe. At least I hope so.
All her other decks have come with books, so I would venture this wouldn't be any different.
SJ

Annabelle

As far as I know, the USG "premier editions" aren't necessarily deck/book sets. They are just ordinary decks and LWBs in large-format packaging, with a regular-sized deck box inside a larger deck box designed to look good on a retail shelf display and to discourage shoplifting and deck-rifling.