Fantastical creatures - looking good!

shadowdancer

I have just had a look through the slide show of some of the cards shown on the US Games site.

This deck I think is going to be Lisa's best to date.
How it will read I have no idea, (sometimes her decks are hard in that area) but from an art point of view it looks beautiful.

I have owned all her decks to date, and the only other one I have really felt a continued soft spot for has been the Dragons. This I think will have more of a richness to it.

For anyone who has been waiting on this, check out the cards on the slide show as well as those on the Fantastical Creatures site.

It will not appeal to all, and may prove challenging to read with but I think it is worming its way into my heart.

Davina

.traveller.

I have it on pre-order, it just really took my fancy. I don't have any of her other decks although I have viewed them in the past. This one just looks different and it will be interesting to have a 'conversation' with the beings depicted in the cards. I am hoping it will be good for story-telling and if it reads like tarot then that will be a bonus.

faunabay

I usually get one of her decks, keep it for awhile, then end up trading it. I love the artwork but can't seem to read with them at all. The one I did keep for much longer was her dragon deck. I really liked that one, but did end up finding it a new home as I didn't read with it any longer.
So I'm hesitant about getting this one. I'll do it!! :D But am not sure whether it will end up staying with me or getting traded. (shrug)

Citrine

I just checked the web site and I really like the latest images and the ones at US Games site.

I have not been able to find a definite release date. Does anyone have any idea when it will go on sale?

faunabay

Tarot Garden has it for a July release. :)

HearthCricket

I am very excited about this deck! I have been ever since I saw the first of the cards on her own site. Now I just love it more for having seen them closer up at the USG site. I love the border, too, and the colours seem nice and vibrant, like the Animals Divine. Only it seems even more readable to me than her other decks, which I usually use for 1 card picks or oracles instead of tarot. This had more of a tarot feel to me and very fantasy-like. It is a lovely mix of fairytale, enchanting, Wicca and animal-lore to it. And USG's rarely disappoints me with their cardstock. I can't wait to have this in my greedy little hands! Anyone know if it will just be a deck or will it be a set with a book to it, like the Halloween Tarot, Sacred Rose, etc. have?

Jewel

HearthCricket said:
Anyone know if it will just be a deck or will it be a set with a book to it, like the Halloween Tarot, Sacred Rose, etc. have?
It is going to come with a 70 page book by DJ Conway, 2 quick reference cards, and a 17" X 20" double sided spreadsheet (according to the Tarot Garden website). So my guess is yes it will be simialr in packaging to those you mentioned. I hope so anyway *LOL*

HearthCricket

Excellent! I really want to read about these Fantastical Creatures. This looks like such a fun deck!!

Jewel

It does, doesn't it??? In looking at the images, before enlarging them where you can see what card in the deck they are, I was quite close to getting most of them right ... I feel very confident that I will be able to read with this deck. I love the phoenix carrying the wand in his claws in the ace of wands ... is it August yet???? *LOL*