Fall/Autumn Decks

thorhammer

Northern/Southern Seasons

I like this idea of new decks for different seasons. Now I've read about it, it makes perfect sense ("Why didn't I think of that? . . .) but I didn't think of it myself. Dumba**.

Anyway, it's coming into Spring here in Australia, and since I just started with my three decks recently (Victorian Romantic, Universal Waite and Runic) I don't think I'll be starting any more soon, but I do have Fantastic Menagerie, 1001 Nights and Babylonian waiting on the shelf for when I'm ready. I think that by Summer, I'll be hanging for the Babylonian. It seems summery, doesn't it?

And I might put the Runic on hold till next Winter. It's a Winter deck. Definitely. The VR, though, without a doubt, Spring. So it's on!

\m/ Kat

HearthCricket

6 Haunted Days said:
Careful! There seems to be a boycott afoot around these parts concerning those 2 decks concerning the horrendous treatment of Alissa per her writing the companion....

I would like to know more about this, as I have not heard about it. Is there a thread concerning this issue. At any rate, I have no intention of boycotting decks I have bought and enjoy using. What a waste of my money that would be.

Sulis

HearthCricket said:
I would like to know more about this, as I have not heard about it. Is there a thread concerning this issue. At any rate, I have no intention of boycotting decks I have bought and enjoy using. What a waste of my money that would be.

Hi HearthCricket,

This is discussed in this thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=78270

But could we please keep this thread on the subject of Autumn / Fall decks?

Skydancer

Any deck - any time.
That said, it depends on the situation perhaps (the question) or really, just your mood at the time!!! (Or your querent or sitter - they have preferences sometimes.)

All that aside ~~

Halloween }) got it 2 years ago before Halloween (Samhain) What fun!
Archeon
Vargo's Gothic
Matt perhaps -

~ ~ But I'm on a one-deck exploration now so *sigh* I'll be working with my newly discovered Haindl only. Which fits right in anyway - all things considered.

*S*

OH!OH!! I forgot! How about for those DownUnder, the Far Sight!! (It's not dark and dreary or Autumny there!!) :)

willowfox

Sacred Circle could fit well.

willowfox

6 Haunted Days said:
In what ways?

Well, some of the cards look very fallish to me, and have that certain kind of darkness about them.

Sophie

The Transformational Tarot looks very autumnal to me, and it's a deck I love to read with.

WolfSpirit

Skydancer said:
Matt perhaps -

Is this a deck ? (I feel I may ask a stupid question, I really have no idea what you mean)

I am adding the Steele Wizard to my Autumn list. The colour scheme looks suitable, and the whole set looks like an old book you would like to read by the hearth on a rainy day.