The Little Window Tarot

Little Baron

Mrs One Potatoe!

I havn't seen these cards before.

And I have to say that they are absolutely fab!!!

Everything about them. Great artistic skills. The colours. Everything!

Really impressed. Often appreciate talent, but don't always see a deck I would like to own.

Take your time, and the next one will come when the time is right.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

LB

tarotreader2007

very original in my opinion. Sure it has classic tarot symbols which I like. Probably the reason I don't get too many LS decks. This is neat looking. Keep us posted.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

MrsOnePotato

Thank you Little Buddha and tarotreader, for your kind words and encouragement. Alas, you are right, Rome was not built in a day. I must learn patience (and how to ask my boss for more vacation time so that I can devote more time to this!)

I finally managed to rein in the horses on my Chariot card (pun intended):
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves/artwork/mop_chariot.jpg

The horses look kind of ticked off, no matter how many times I re-did their faces. So be it....ticked off horses it is!

Here is a link to the rest of the cards I've finished so far:
http://members.aol.com/fiveoakleaves/artwork/

The Tower and The (oh so troublesome) Empress still on the drawing board...maybe I will make some progress this weekend...

:) MrsOnePotato

temperlyne

I like that the movement in the chariot card is in the horses rather than the chariot itself. It really does look like the charioteer is reining them in until he decides it is time to go. And I really like how you did the horses, They have a nice archaic feel to them and fit your decks style perfectly.

Debra

Mrs. OP, I think the fool's expression of confusion is exactly right--he looks distracted enough to, eh, walk off a cliff! And that/those two(headed) horse(s)--perfect. If I was it/them, I'd be irked, too.

karen0205

Hi Ms. OP,
I just love your artwork, I love the style and the colors. The perspective on the Sun card is great! I love how big and round the sun is and how tiny the people are. Great deck. I hope you find the motivation to do all 78 cards!! 22 would just not be enough!! Really nice. Very sort of whimsical but meaningful, not a lot of background stuff that just makes most decks way too busy. My favorite deck is the Magical Forest deck so it's no wonder that I like this one too. The colors are great too. Very nice if I might say so again!

Karen

MrsOnePotato

temperlyne said:
And I really like how you did the horses, They have a nice archaic feel to them and fit your decks style perfectly.
Thanks temperlyne! There are several artistic influences for the horses...Greek pots, Scythian art, and a contemporary Mongolian sculptor -- Dashi Namdakov. This was one of my earliest pencil sketches...

Debra said:
And that/those two(headed) horse(s)--perfect. If I was it/them, I'd be irked, too.
LOL Thanks Debra! I suppose it/they do have a right to be irked, given that I only drew its/their front halves, a la the traditional Tarot de Marseilles. :)

Sidhe-Ra

The Chariot is great, really! Your work really makes me smile every time I look at it. Do you illustrate children's books? You would do a wonderful job of it- your work has such a vibrancy and jollility :)

Many Blessings,

Em x

MrsOnePotato

karen0205 said:
Very sort of whimsical but meaningful, not a lot of background stuff that just makes most decks way too busy. My favorite deck is the Magical Forest deck so it's no wonder that I like this one too.

Thanks Karen! My goal is to let the symbolism of the TdM stand on its own... I don't want to layer anything new on it except what comes naturally and intuitively through my own drawing interpretation. Oh, and I LOVE the Magical Forest deck...perhaps Mr.OP will buy it for me (hint hint) :)

Sidhe-Ra said:
The Chariot is great, really! Your work really makes me smile every time I look at it. Do you illustrate children's books? You would do a wonderful job of it- your work has such a vibrancy and jollility :)

Thanks so much Sidhe-Ra! No, I have never illustrated a children's book...actually I haven't done any work quite like this for over 20 years, when I was in art school. I am a graphic designer (corporate identity)...this project is my effort to revive my artistic skills...to do something more personal and creative than what I do every day at work. Perhaps when I finish I will try my hand at a children's book...

I procrastinated this weekend by starting to build a little website of the deck so far...so that they can all be seen on one page. Part of the reason this is taking so long is how hard it is to make all the cards look like a seamless whole. Hopefully I will unveil the website (and some new cards) very soon!

Thanks again for all the support,
MrsOnePotato

LixiPixi

Count me in as a new fan! I especially like your Hermit, Fool and Chariot cards, but they're all fantastic! Your artistic style would make a very usable full deck. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your energies will keep flowing.

Love it, love it, love it!

LP~