Professional Readers Essay and Exercise #1

Lee

Only a tarot retailer would suggest such a thing.

Just kidding!!!! :laugh:

-- Lee

Moonbow

I read this last night... and read it... and read it (okay it was only twice) :D

Time to try it out, and I have just the guinea pig at home.

I'm usually more attracted to spreads that are vague so that I can read the cards like a story. Sometimes I don't use a spread at all. If a spread is too disjointed then my reading can turn out that way too so this is an ideal exercise for me to try out.

I love the idea of splitting it into smaller spreads and leaving two cards unturned for a month. No peeking for a month everyone.

So, your telling us to 'practice this for a while' Umbrae.... so, we practice this daily and each time put a deck away... for a month............ riiiiiiiiight.

See what you mean Lee. :)

Satori

PPF is not PPF....

"It's the balance of emotional past and intellectual future balancing on the precarious fulcrum of Now." -Umbrae

Tried the spread today with a friend.
I made the horseshoe upright, with the arms up, so that the "luck" is caught in the U.

And then I realized the deck was brand new, and I couldn't let it be put away for a month.

I sat staring at the last two cards. What to do. Read them and then turn them, or read them....or just not read them at all.

I turned them.

And never have two cards been such a surprise. Never. Bordered on ecstatic.

Flavio

Thanks Umbrae for sharing details about how to read with your already famous 7 position horseshoe spread, start from position 2 might sound like a simple advise but really changes the perspective of the reading, specially when that is the only card you have to work with. Look forward for the next exercises. :)

My 1st candidate for the reading was the Hanson Roberts but I like to take this deck with me on my travels that 1 month in seclusion "would be too much for the poor deck" so I did the exercise with the Universal Waite, it will be in standby until October the 11th, I don't regret it as reading of the first 5 cards was very enlightening.

Scion

Umbrae!!

Genius... Trying this immediately. It sounds like a gymnasium for your Tarot muscle. Brilliant.

Scion

Satori

I've used the spread 2.5 times.
the .5 was a modified spread I used recently for a sitter at the store...couldn't remember the whole spread, did five cards, last two, first three, of the Horseshoe.

She was a tough nut...had a hard time reading her...more on that later, another thread for another day.

Like the spread. Feel ready to try the assignment will use it soon....and put away cards as requested. Have no problem with that part, just want to be able to adequately read the last two.

Flavio

I saw my last 2 cards...

The waiting is over :D I finished the exercise 1 month after it started , please see the details in this thread

Result: Cards described the future I created.

Demon Goddess

I rarely use anything but a CC but I've printed off this horsehoe and the instructions to learn it. But I won't be able to participate in the hide the deck for a month, unfortunately...

Who is it that owns the card store? I only own one deck. :D

Demon Goddess

elf said:
"It's the balance of emotional past and intellectual future balancing on the precarious fulcrum of Now." -Umbrae

Tried the spread today with a friend.
I made the horseshoe upright, with the arms up, so that the "luck" is caught in the U.

And then I realized the deck was brand new, and I couldn't let it be put away for a month.

I sat staring at the last two cards. What to do. Read them and then turn them, or read them....or just not read them at all.

I turned them.

And never have two cards been such a surprise. Never. Bordered on ecstatic.

OMG, I know just how you feel. Huge emotion affiliated with what I'm seeing. Wow!

I tried for the first time, this horseshoe last night, I suppose I was really tired, because I didn't get much out of it, wasn't even impressed enough to write the spread in my journal.

This morning, I awoke, had hubby bring me a cup of coffee and then turned this horseshoe, as you did with the ends up, only I used all 14 cards.

I cannot say anything but that I was blown away by the final pair. I've come online this morning to post the spread for some extra feedback in the readings section and I'll do that next.

Umbrae... Thanks for the spread. I'll be practicing it for a while and from now on will use it when I read for others; I LOVE IT!!!