Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Books Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your Tarot cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot lovers, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post your thoughts, share readings, search, save threads, view extra boards and more.

post a reply

Booklioness 
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by JylliM View Post
So now don't even look at Amazon. Maybe when they arrive you could open one of the decks and put the others away. Open one in a fortnight and the other a fortnight after that. Longer if you can manage it. In the meantime, get to know the one you open.
That's genius; thank you!
Booklioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago     Top   #481
CharlotteK 
Citizen

Ordered the Tabula Mundi standard and Book M package. I sold a couple of decks so felt emboldened. The shipping costs to the UK... OMG!!!... I'm on baked beans for a month now. I was supposed to be funding vintage purchases. At least I'm refining my collection and am in the process of making sure I only have decks I actually like.
CharlotteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Days Ago     Top   #482
Booklioness 
Resident

I think because you sold a couple, you are justified.
Old 3 Days Ago     Top   #483
vie 
Resident

I was directed to this thread after I made an introductory post in the new members bit. I ordered another new deck yesterday and there is another one I desperately think I want to order from the book depository after watching un-boxing videos, the artwork is just too cute.
I got around to joining the library today ( only took me 20 years to get my butt there) and have borrowed a couple of old books on tarot to read in the hopes it will keep me off spending so much time on the Internet looking at deck artwork. We will see.......
vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago     Top   #484
Booklioness 
Resident

Nice to meet you, vie. I think you have a good idea joining the library. I haven't been to a library in over two decades.
Old 2 Days Ago     Top   #485
Dogs&Coffee 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootlife View Post
The terrible, terrible irony. At least you have a reason for buying it and it's p. much the cheapest deck around?
Theoretically.... I suppose... But I bought it then and there in a locally owned shop, so not so much.

And then I went online and got the centennial kit because radiant RWS.... I just can't. I can at least live with the wood block prints. And Pixie's Astounding lenormand because they match...

And then I bought the fountain BOGO because why not, and if I was buying decks I might as well place that Japanese amazon order I've been thinking about, and oh look that oracle deck I've been eyeing is almost sold out... and you know what you need? Starchild, and hey it's Canadian so not as expensive as you thought, and I have a problem, someone please stop me....

tarot video blog and reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfVmH-XccAMna00wWwnbrJA
Dogs&Coffee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago     Top   #486
JylliM 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs&Coffee View Post
Theoretically.... I suppose... But I bought it then and there in a locally owned shop, so not so much.

And then I went online and got the centennial kit because radiant RWS.... I just can't. I can at least live with the wood block prints. And Pixie's Astounding lenormand because they match...

And then I bought the fountain BOGO because why not, and if I was buying decks I might as well place that Japanese amazon order I've been thinking about, and oh look that oracle deck I've been eyeing is almost sold out... and you know what you need? Starchild, and hey it's Canadian so not as expensive as you thought, and I have a problem, someone please stop me....
Step away from the computer!
JylliM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Days Ago     Top   #487
Barleywine 
Elder Jabberwock

My solution is to only buy decks after I've done a paid reading or two. Since I don't make enough in a year for the shopkeeper to have to give me an income tax filing form, it's a self-limiting proposition. Of course, that would still be around a dozen $30 decks a year and 18-20 in the $20 range. To be honest, though, I do take my wife to dinner with some of that money, so I probably buy one deck every couple of months.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Barleywine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago     Top   #488
Nemia 
Matronis Aufaniabus vslm

I have a similar deal with myself - I'm allowed to buy a deck only after I filled my quota on paid readings... but we'd need that money for other things, too.

After Nina put up the super-beautiful and exactly-my-cup-of-stargazer-tea Arcana of Astrology, I broke down. In the end, she didn't want to sell so I headed headlessly over to the shop and bought it directly from the artist.

What a beauty.

So I broke down. Now actually I started thinking again about my desired stargazing sub-collection: Celestial, Quantum, Constellations, Cosmos, Ptolemaic Constellations oracle, nice Astronomical Playing Cards they sell in the UK... oh yeah...

Wrestling with my demons here, DOWN you demons!!! DOWN!!! ARGH....
Nemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Day Ago     Top   #489
  post a reply

Latest Threads in Tarot Decks

Latest Threads in Talking Tarot

Latest Threads in Using Tarot Cards

Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade your account to subscriber today