Holy Grail?

caridwen

I'm not sure where this belongs, in readings or here so I'll chance it here.

If you get the Ace of Cups in a reading referring to something you really really want (in this case an ideal job) does it mean you'll get it, you'll get the Holy Grail? Is this card 'real' or is it just a dream? Does it mean the manifestation of your dream?

I've been getting this card and the Chariot a lot regarding my job search. I've read that the person in the Chariot also carries the Holy Grail in his hands. Would this mean that I will be successful, able to attain the Holy Grail if I stay focused on my goal and do not get distracted?

EarthFaery

I don't use this deck but I think your exactly right. I see all the aces as an overwhelming inspiration of some kind but they need an outlet, somewhere to direct all that energy. The Ace of Cups is the start of an emotional situation that needs to be directed somwhere otherwise all that water just bubbles over. Coupled with the chariot would indicate emotional balance, being able to deal with the good and the not so good, and being able to do what you've set out to do and find your holy grail

BodhiSeed

Sounds like you're moving in the right direction (Chariot) and will be diving into your dream job soon!

Bodhran

fyreflye

I'd think, since the Aces represent the first surge of energy in a new situation, that the Chariot/Ace of Cups configuration suggests you are moving toward your ideal job; but that it may not necessarily be the next job you're offered or exactly in the field you're most interested in. Instead of holding out for the job you most want accept jobs that can give you the experience that serves to move you closer to your ideal. And choose your jobs based as much on your sense of compatibility with the people you'll be working with as on the ideal you have in your head. There's still a way to go before you reach the Nine, much less the Ten, of Cups.

caridwen

I read somewhere that the Ace holds both begining and completion within it. Therefore it is a beginning but also an end which the grail quest was.

fyreflye

caridwen said:
I read somewhere that the Ace holds both begining and completion within it. Therefore it is a beginning but also an end which the grail quest was.

If you think you already know the answer why did you ask?

Aulruna

Yes, I agree with you, caridwen.

I'd also say, this being the Cups suit, that jour job will be a fulfilling one above all else.

The crowned one

Aces are the potential, the energy for your happiness is there and ready for you to use. The Chariot does suggest you will use the energy to forward your own goals, the charioteer has control over his emotions and physical body. A powerful will. Since the Ace is a potential card I would concentrate of the chariot. When you look at the card ask yourself what do I see? what is the first thing you noted on the card, it is full of symbolism. Start there.

Tzabaoth

It depends whether you just use the thoth tarot, or if you use the tarot as AC wanted it. AC has explained in texts that the aces represent the initial impulse of the element in question. It represents the element in question, but not the materialization of that element. Materialization does not occur until the deuces of the suits.

I personally would interpret the ace of cups with the chariot as potential for your desires to materialize and onset of happiness, but that it will take an ambitious proactive approach in order to get it.

willowfox

The ace of cups shows the potential is there for getting what you really want, what you'd love to have, it can be yours with the help of the chariot. The chariot gives you that purpose, that determination to go after the prize, it is a can do card, you go on until you succeed. So, this would say that your potential for success will come through, so persevere.