Dixit, an inspiration game or an oracle???

Zelmira

I just got my Dixit game yesterday. I ordered through Amazon, but the shipment came from Germany. The cards are beautiful. I have not have much time to look at them in detail and see how much one can get from them intuitively. I am considering getting the part II of the game.
Now, this concern came to me when I was looking at the cards: how do you identify them when you are doing a reading and want to record it in a journal? Any suggestions? Peace,
Zelmira

Zelmira

Going back to this deck. I bought the second set of cards. In total I have now 168 cards and they are all very good for interpreting. I like the idea that you do not have the temptation of looking at the LWB! The first thing I did was to write a brief description of each card, for example "Masks", this refers to a card that shows a bunch of masks. I have been browsing through the entire deck, and I am planning to start writing my feelings and impressions on each card to be able to use as an oracle. Does anyone here have the deck/s and work with it?
Happy 2011!
Zelmira

GryffinSong

Zelmira said:
...Now, this concern came to me when I was looking at the cards: how do you identify them when you are doing a reading and want to record it in a journal? Any suggestions? Peace,
Zelmira

I don't have this deck, and it would be harder to journal this way than a tarot. I write my spreads down with a quick sketch. I draw rectangles where each card goes, then write the number and a quick symbol that represents a sword or whatever.

When dealing with oracles, sometimes I just do a very quick outline sketch of the images in the card. You don't have to be a good artist to do this. A stick drawing of the images would do.

This game/deck looks absolutely charming. I'm putting it on my wish list. :)

Aerin

The game is really good, I got it earlier this year. The cards have a lot of details in but the deck isn't intended as a coherent system so if I were to use it as an oracle I'd go purely on intuition.

You do need three people or more to play. It's a good game because it is very easy to learn and doesn't favour any one age group over another.

Zelmira

I am just curious if any of you have been using these cards as oracles. Please if you have, could you share your experiences? Blessings,
Zelmira

Zelmira

I am going back to these cards. Is there anyone out there who has them and would like to experiment with them? I thinks they may be a lot of fun and at the same time help with a work out for the intuitive mind.

Hope someone replies. Blessings,

Zelmira

Aulruna

I got this a few months back for one of my nieces, and because the main set was on sale, I got a copy for myself, as well. I thought of using them as an oracle immediately and then ordered the extension cards because I fell in love with the artwork.

Now, the caveat... for me personally, they just don't read well. I mean, it's easy enough to get intuitive meanings off them ... but they never seem to make sense for me in the context of a reading, if you get my drift. I had the same problem with a trading card oracle we made here on the forum by swapping cards from various games. Others read with them beautifully, but while I could tell perfect stories with them, the readings ... just didn't work.

Zelmira

Now, the caveat... for me personally, they just don't read well. I mean, it's easy enough to get intuitive meanings off them ... but they never seem to make sense for me in the context of a reading, if you get my drift. I had the same problem with a trading card oracle we made here on the forum by swapping cards from various games. Others read with them beautifully, but while I could tell perfect stories with them, the readings ... just didn't work.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I believe any picture or any book may be an oracle when you are able to interpret the messages, and I also think that not everything speaks to everyone. Some true oracles and even tarot cards work great for some people, and do not resonate at all with others. Last night I was trying to get some "key words or phrases" from some of the cards, and it is not so simple. I have not tried to read with them so I do not know if they will work for me. May be as a warm up some simple readings could be done just to test their reliability. Or some free readings could be offered in the forum to see how accurate they could be for other people, but of course, the first step has to be giving some meaning to each of them.

If you are interested in giving them a try, let me know, maybe we can work together.

Blessings,

Zelmira

ana luisa

I am awaiting the arrival of a Dixit set in a couple of weeks and would LOVE to exchange readings with you, Zelmira. I read the previous posts commenting on how sometimes, the cards do not make much sense in the reading itself and I'm afraid this happens... It is really a box of surprises. In any case, the cards are so lovely, I thought I might as well give them a chance. I'll let you know asa they arrive. :)

Zelmira

That is great, Ana Luisa. I think what happens with these cards is that you have to use more your intuition, and pay attention to any objects or people that may be used as symbols to transmit a message. You let me know when you are ready to start exploring their possibilities. I hope other people will join us.

Zelmira