Sylvie Steinbach's Lenormand Oracle - 'no layout' method circle

Sylvie Steinbach

No Layout method

Excellent! I am glad we are all on the same page :)

ana luisa

Thank you Sylvie for opening this thread :) I have a question as far as the images depicted. Is it ok to take into account the direction the faces are facing (that sounded odd) ? For instance, the Gentleman, the lady, the Horseman, the dog, the fish, the fox, the bear and even the snake are looking at some specific direction. Is that relevant ? Could that mean something that card is aiming at or looking for ?

Bernice

Hi ana luisa,

Some people read according to which way the card image is facing, whereas some read which way the playing-card faces (if the images include card-pics & it's a court card). Or there's Sylvies' method, which depends on the card postion and cards that adjoin it. None are 'right' and none are 'wrong', it depends on how you want to read with them.

After trying various ways, I use Sylvies' method as I have found it to be accurate. Also, I can use any version of the Lenormand cards no matter where the images are looking, 'cos it doesn't matter......:)

Bee :)

Sylvie Steinbach

Ana Luisa

Bernice is right on the money!
To add to her comment, there are several schools as you have probably found out; in my system that kind of detail really does not matter as we focus more on the essence of the symbol and its practical applications than in the artwork per say.
Indeed, not all Lenormand people look toward the same direction from one style to another; for example in some Lenormand the lady looks on the left and in some other decks, on the right. In the mystical if I don't mess up here (please catch me if I do) the lady looks straight to the 'reader'. Then you have some Lenormand which do not have the playing cards but poems instead which are really for show.
The birds card is another very good example; in one Lenormand, those are owls, one on a branch above the other. But on another Lenormand, those are doves or other type of lovely birds, either on branches or flying as a couple. Should we change the essence of what the card means based on the type of birds or the type of activities they are doing on the card? of course, not! We retain the meanings that go with the concept of two birds connected to each other...
I hope that helps you understand why I do not use those facing directions in my method. My advice is instead to learn the essence of the card so that you can feel and maybe 'psychic' see the story in your mind. That is the most important!
Thank you Ana Luisa for bringing up a very interesting point, I appreciate your contribution. Thanks Bernice!

214red

see this is curious, i am new to lenormand, i ahev very green gills... i have also just recently got your book Sylvie

how i have to disgree majorly with you saying that you dont change the essence of the card meaning. Working with psychically , means you can see any card as anything really, and therefore the direction the woman or man is looking can be very meaningful, therefore can change the flavour of a reading. If this isnt the case isnt this saying that we are having to use our logical side of the brain to remember the meanings associated with the cards, therefore restricting the amount of information you will get psychically?

Surely every card can give you a different meaning depending on how you view it, especially as a psychic? If not you wouldnt need psychic ability you could simply look at he meanings, and memorise the combinations?

it seems like a contridiction to me...

Sylvie Steinbach

214red

I created this thread for people who are interested in my methodology (that is why the thread carries my name!) and what I have to teach -and I do have a lot of knowlegde to share...
I posted that the artwork can change (and it does from one Lenormand to another), the essence of the symbol does not. The Lenormand is used as a support for psychic insights to come through although one has to learn the essence of the symbol first. There is no contradiction. My successful students are the proof of it. So no, those details aren't meaningful in my book and in the way I see it. You are coming from another more traditional perspective and if so, then my take won't agree with your view.
Because we have had issues before with polemics and disruptive negativity I would appreciate that we do not start this again on this forum and in this particular thread. I will not debate anyone I have no interest for it. If you do not agree, then this thread is just not for you. It is ok, there is room for a lot of different people with different styles on this platform. I just ask that you respect this. Thank you!

Sheri

Moderator Note

Hi everyone,

A post has been removed from the thread. Sharing one's opinion on a topic in a positive way is encouraged, however, negative comments and personal attacks are not allowed on the forum. The purpose of the forum is to allow everyone to share methods, etc. and they should be able to share without fear.

Techniques shared in specific study threads should be respected as the purpose of the study thread is to focus on that technique, etc. Anyone with a differing take is encouraged to share by starting their own threads for others to learn from and compare so they can evolve their own techniques/methods. Arguments and prolonged debates within specific study threads make it difficult for those members who are interested in learning the techniques/methods being shared in the thread.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding,
Sheri; co-moderator Oracles for Oracles Moderating Team

Sylvie Steinbach

Food for thoughts

I have noticed that a certain amount of seekers nowadays come to the metaphysics with high expectations and with their mind on the fast track. Such approach is bound to create practitionners with confused priorities and limited understandings on how the psychic mind really works.

Most intuitives who are doing consulting as a calling will tell you that the journey of the mystic is a long and hardeous one. No quick learning or quick fixes. You must pay your dues and you must learn from those who are more experienced and more advanced than yourself. You will experience frustration, invests hard work and hit some rough patches. It is part of the process. Reading using a tool is just the beginning. The ultimate test is the feedback from the "clients" months down the road.

Reading has nothing to do with doing crosswords. It is mastering a part of the brain we do not use anymore and make it click at will.
Although it is understood in sports and in professional situations that one must learn, practice a lot before acting like an expert, it seems that when it comes to Tarot, Lenormand and other occult appendices, some expect immediate understanding, instant success and quick process of retention.

In addition today, there is no respect for teachers and spiritual masters. A lot of students think they know it all even if they are self-professed 'newbies' or practice on 20 people for the past 5 years. It is like hearing a junior cop with 2 years on the force lecturing a senior professional officer with decades experience about how to handle a dangerous situation. It sounds ridiculous, doesn't it! However in the New Age world, it happens on a regular basis.

I can only caution wanderers about this new trend; we are now witnessing a lot of metaphysical adepts guiding others, without ethics, without extended experience and with no real mastery of what they are using or relying upon. It is a potentially dangerous situation if those same individuals become 'professional' readers.

When guiding others, there are serious responsibilities that one must be aware of. With such careless and self-centered individuals, the public may get the wrong idea of what the true gift is about.
I am sadden to see this phenomena everywhere now, from work places to new age websites.

When you seek to learn, choose your teacher carefully. Check his credentials and make sure you can verify its public record in the field of its expertise. If someone tells you they are on top of their field, google and check it out. Do they have media appearances? Did they do live readings with audiences? How many years have they been in business? Could you ask for references?

Please do your homework before subscribing to someone's knowledge or philosophy. It is just good common sense. In same, be aware of individuals whose egos and visions may create more chaos than positive exchanges.

Blessings

tarotcardrose

Hi Sylvie

I hope we can continue the discussion about Sylvie's method as I have been studying the book for months and love it!

I have a question about health. I have every single card memorized for what health, the storks, legs, etc.

But in the health section although the letter is fingers & the birds , I believe are throat and dog is sense of smell and clouds are lungs,

I am rambling:

But in the back list it states the letter can be a prescription , the birds can be therapy, & the cross can mean depression.

I usually only do the 5 card. I charge the KEY card as Tree, but how do you know if letter means prescription or fingers. Or if the cross is the upper back, or depression. Or, the Dog is the sense of smell, or a doctor. OR, if clouds are lungs or emotional problems.

I have always had trouble with this.

Also this may have been answered, but when do you anticipate your e-book coming out to buy?

Any help from Sylvie or other Lenormand experts is appreciated greatly

Sylvie Steinbach

Body parts vs things for Tarotcardrose

Health is one of the most challenging inquiries and is an advanced level; because I intend to release an e-book pertaining to health, people interested in going further in details will be able to master the technique. The book does not go in depth on the subject because it was meant to be an introduction to the Lenormand cards, a beginner book (first stage).

However i will share with you one secret: pay attention to the first cards surrounding the keycard, the immediate ones. One next to the keycard. It is usually indicating the body part. Specially the one on the left. That is all I will say here on a public forum. All the others may indicate the situation or the treatment or other outcomes.

I hope to release the first e-book on "love & relationships" by Christmas 2010.
Depending on the response to that first workbook, I will tackle "Career, business & money" followed by "Health & Children". Finally I will end the series with "Past lives, mediumship and guides".

Thank you for asking this question.

Namaste