Halloween Lenormand

Londubh

Form filled out, I put down I would take two, but I'm willing to buy another for the team if that's what it takes.

tarotmama

Ok it's a done deal.

Thanks everyone! I can now see there's definitely interest enough to justify a printing.

So I promise to *do my best* to get these cards done by Halloween.

Now I have to get to work :)

IheartTarot

Grand Lenormand

tarotmama said:
I'm not opposed to doing a full 52 card deck -- if I can get it done in time. But I've never used a Grand Lenormand and I don't have any books on it, so I will need a source of info on the cards or I will have to just make them up.

I don't think the GL is simply an expanded version of the PL. It is a much more complicated and lesser known system incorporating mythology and astrology. The only available books on it are written in French. It actually has 54 cards, including 2 extra significator cards.

http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Mytholo...1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278073661&sr=8-1-spell

http://www.amazon.fr/Grand-Jeu-Mlle...r_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1278074038&sr=1-11

I prefer the Sibilla system based on 52 cards, but that again is a different system.

IheartTarot

GL continued

"Le Grand Jeu is altogether a different cauldron of kippers. To say that this deck is complicated would be to indulge in gross understatement. Each card depicts a scene from Greek mythology, along with a diagram of a constellation of stars, a letter of the alphabet, some flowers, a picture of a card from a traditional playing deck and two smaller pictures which may be of Greek or Egyptian gods or other obscure figures. If you happen to be a classical scholar with an in-depth knowledge of astronomy, astrology, numerology and a handful of other mystical disciplines, reading these cards will be child's play. If not, you would be well advised to stick to the Petit Jeu."

http://www.greenmanreview.com/book/essay_allinthecards.html

tarotmama

IheartTarot said:
I don't think the GL is simply an expanded version of the PL. It is a much more complicated and lesser known system incorporating mythology and astrology. The only available books on it are written in French. It actually has 54 cards, including 2 extra significator cards.

Urrgh. That sounds rather dreadful to me. Learning French, synthesizing Greek mythology and Astrology *in French*, and then trying to make that translate into a very American style of Halloween horror... Ok. Not going to happen. This year anyway ;)

I have three sibilla decks and I'm not sure if any of them match up card for card. It doesn't translate from Lenormand to Sibilla very well either and I'm just not as familiar with the sibilla decks (I also just read them as an oracle).

If I do extra cards, should I just make them up? I could base the 2-6 on playing card meanings.

The max cards in the deck will be 54 -- because those are the limitations of the printer.

emmsma

Ooh! I like that. 2-6 Melissa cards, based purely on what you want to incorporate into the deck. Magical!

And the Unhappy Squirrel Card. :)

ETA: You can work on a Sibilla Deck, AFTER this one. :D
And I'll take 2 - at least.

IheartTarot

tarotmama said:
If I do extra cards, should I just make them up? I could base the 2-6 on playing card meanings.

The extra 16 or 18 cards, i.e. 2/3/4/5 x 4 (+ 2), could just be wild cards related to spooky Halloween stuff. :cool:

HearthCricket

tarotmama said:
Yes I do get two Jokers...

So you could have a rather haunted, ghostly squirrel, as well as a demented one!

Or a skeletal squirrel....a foaming squirrel, Vlad Squirrel, a Witch on a broomstick with a squirrel familiar....

:D :D

blue_fusion

where do you get your stock textures?! those are gorgeous!