O.m.g so how stunning is this deck...

rachelcat

Oh, heck! Why not! I would like to be part of any group order up to $45.

Maybe we need to do one in Europe and one in US? Just thinking . . .

Astraea

I've written to Tarot Garden and asked about the possibility of their acquiring the deck - it would be great if they could, I've ordered a couple of Russian decks from them in the past so they might know how to go about stocking these.

janie144

Oh I agree these are stunning, if anybody does figure out how to order I would definitely want one too :)

Tag_jorrit

I was in touch with Anna about this deck last week. I bought a tarot deck from her last spring and saw this one a few weeks ago and was about to order it, and used WU. When I ordered the tarot deck it took about 4 weeks to arrive.

GryffinSong

Oh my gosh, how stunning!!! I'm interested if there's a group order as well, but cannot promise commitment until we have a price and timing. Money's short. I'll start saving RIGHT NOW!!! :) Wow.

poivre

Please add me to the list,
if there is a group order! :)

Le Fanu

Well right now it looks to be about 10 people and for us peeps here in the US it's a little over $30 + what ever the shipping will be.

Also I sooo wonder if that artist would do a tarot deck...swoonnn
I think the artwork has been taken from different sources. I don't believe it's the hand of the artist doing these images; some of them look 19th Century, others look a bit art deco (The Man card) whilst others (The Woman card) look quite recent, like a 70s birthday card. It's quite a mixture of styles. My guess is that it has been put together from uncredited sources. I love it and still really, really want it. If we can locate a way of getting it, I'm still in! No idea of cardstock but, you know...

GryffinSong

I think the artwork has been taken from different sources. I don't believe it's the hand of the artist doing these images; some of them look 19th Century, others look a bit art deco (The Man card) whilst others (The Woman card) look quite recent, like a 70s birthday card. It's quite a mixture of styles. My guess is that it has been put together from uncredited sources. I love it and still really, really want it. If we can locate a way of getting it, I'm still in! No idea of cardstock but, you know...

Huh. I'll be very interested to find out if that's the case. I'm usually the first to complain about differing styles of a deck, but to my eye the brush strokes and general style seem very similar. I have no opinion about the periods in history ... I'm talking about the artist's painting style.

For instance, the Ship and Anchor are clearly by the same artist. Look at the wave and the level of transparency, with the shoreline showing through it. Clearly the hand of the same artist.

Lee

I think the artwork has been taken from different sources. I don't believe it's the hand of the artist doing these images; some of them look 19th Century, others look a bit art deco (The Man card) whilst others (The Woman card) look quite recent, like a 70s birthday card. It's quite a mixture of styles. My guess is that it has been put together from uncredited sources.
I agree, I had the same thought. I see differences in style, including brushstrokes (see the thick, laid-on brushstrokes on the Whip (or in this case Broom). I seriously doubt that an artist talented enough to paint that Man card, which excellently emulates an old-fashioned style which no one uses anymore, would be spending their very valuable time creating 36 large, complicated paintings for the extremely small amount of profit they would make from this.

Still a nice deck, though. I would probably order it myself if the ordering process were easier/less mysterious.

Debra

An artist might paint for love as well as money.

They may be modeled on images from different periods.

Or maybe they're photoshop-modified. Would that be a problem? Some decks that AT members rave about are photoshop-modified photos and old paintings.