Learning The Cards Classroom

LadyZelda

Welcome :D to the classroom where you can learn the meaning of each card of the Lenormand Oracle, as well as the cards combination and diverse layouts!

This coming week-end April 14th and 15th, we will go over "The Rider" and "The Clover".

Please, if you have the time, do prepare for class by studying these 2 cards on your own so that you can fully participate during class. A good way to do that is to observe for example "The Rider" and pay attention to what is pictured, then write notes about your observations, then look what Iris Treppner says in her course (if you have it or any other source of info that you have).

I will post the meaning of the card according to the "I. Treppner and C. Sylvestre" methods by Friday so that those of you who live in Europe be able to see that on Saturday morning if they choose to (as it will be night time in the US where I live).

In class you are welcome to share what the card means to you. Iris Treppner like many other professionals encourage students to "add on" to the meaning they give.

For example: "The Bear" is said to be someone powerful, like your boss etc...

Though someone told me that for her it represented also a "Mama Bear" thus, a caring, loving woman who would want to protect and nurture her cubs...
Well, that interpretation was proved to be accurate for my reading when my Mother in Law helped us.

Thanks for your participation :)

Looking forward to study with you! :D

janie144

Looking forward to it :)

LadyZelda

Thanks Janie! :D

daphne

I am new to the "school" topic.
May I ask how the class goes? It is an online chat room, or just as a form of a thread?

Maybe you could direct me to the message where the "rules" are described. Thank you!

Carla

Oh boy! This was great timing that I started the same weekend as this class! :) I've got my little notebook and I'm ready to go! :D

andybc

In class you are welcome to share what the card means to you. Iris Treppner like many other professionals encourage students to "add on" to the meaning they give.

For example: "The Bear" is said to be someone powerful, like your boss etc...

Though someone told me that for her it represented also a "Mama Bear" thus, a caring, loving woman who would want to protect and nurture her cubs...
Well, that interpretation was proved to be accurate for my reading when my Mother in Law helped us.

Hello LadyZelda, hope you don't mind my commenting. I just wish to help / offer another viewpoint.

Iris Treppner advocates expansion, rather than a simple "add on". I've double checked that with a friend, who uses her German book, and took part in her course. No Lenormand expert advocates adding on meanings outside of natural expansion/progression, or due to icongraphy.

Maybe the "school" could do well to illustrate the difference?

The Bear's meaning is already often a female matriarch, so a mother is fairly standard. In Germany it is often thought of as an official male. That's not an add on, just a different school. One would normally choose to follow one or the other.

Personal meanings should always be within the framework of the school followed. And mixing and matching just muddles combinations, mostly. New readers should concentrate on standard meanings to get the "lingo" first.

Empath111

Looking forward to it LadyZelda. I am eager to learn more about this deck! :) Thank you for taking the initiative to put this together and the time to help us.

lord_ewin

Hello LadyZelda, hope you don't mind my commenting. I just wish to help / offer another viewpoint.

Iris Treppner advocates expansion, rather than a simple "add on". I've double checked that with a friend, who uses her German book, and took part in her course. No Lenormand expert advocates adding on meanings outside of natural expansion/progression, or due to icongraphy.

Maybe the "school" could do well to illustrate the difference?

The Bear's meaning is already often a female matriarch, so a mother is fairly standard. In Germany it is often thought of as an official male. That's not an add on, just a different school. One would normally choose to follow one or the other.

Personal meanings should always be within the framework of the school followed. And mixing and matching just muddles combinations, mostly. New readers should concentrate on standard meanings to get the "lingo" first.

Good points, Andy. I think this is where leaning in from more experienced people might be beneficial from time to time. I know, I will be watching with great interest given I lack the time to actually do this myself.

Regards,
LE

louiseb

Thank you the pencil is sharpened and the desk is clear, im ready lol

LadyZelda

I am new to the "school" topic.
May I ask how the class goes? It is an online chat room, or just as a form of a thread?

Maybe you could direct me to the message where the "rules" are described. Thank you!

Our schedule is to meet every week-end, Saturday and Sunday counting as 1 day of class. Therefore, you can drop by anytime during these two days. I did that because we do not live all in the same area so we are subject to time zones and also because our private lives might not always allow us to be there at certain time or day. By keeping this class flexible, we make it easier for every student to participate. When you stop by, or if you are free to check from time to time you might actually be "live" with other students. So, I will say it is a mixed thread/chat type of classroom ;)

We are going to study the entire deck card by card with as "text books" the Iris Treppner's Course and the book from Colette Sylvestre. "But", we will not lock ourselves into them. Meaning I'm gonna post tomorrow a summary of the meaning given by I. Treppner and given by C. Sylvestre, then all the students who feel up to, will post what the card means to them.
For that reason, if you have the time, you might want to study on one of the cards we will discuss or on both ("The Rider" and The Clover).

We will also see how to interpret each card in relation to the others. You can, if you'd like look at the card according to "themes":

- Love
- Finances
- Career
- Health

Once we are done with these 2 cards I will post them on the "reference" thread that I called "Cards Meaning and Combination". And we will move on from one card to the other.
We will also learn diverse layouts and at that time, try them out.
Besides that, here is our "Motto":

"There is no question that is irrelevant or silly" and "Any meaning discovered from personal study is worth sharing"

Finally, we will stay away from heated debates, as our goal is to have a peaceful classroom where we will concentrate on learning how to use the Oracle.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. You can PM me if you'd like.

Thanks for your interest, we'd be glad to have you join us! :D

Thank you the pencil is sharpened and the desk is clear, im ready lol

Thanks for joining! Looking forward to have you in class!:D