Learning The Cards Classroom

Empath111

Thank you for the answer re: focusing on one vs other decks and the playing card symbols. Thanks for the link too for the symbols! :)

I will probably focus on really learning my deck..but peek here and there at others.

Empath111

The Rider

My view of the Rider:
Well, "folly" comes to mind, but then I see that snake in their path...but no one (horse or rider) seems to notice the snake. the snake also looks like it's hissing at them. But they are on their merry way.

Health: Nothing serious because it was caught quick. Otherwise could have been worse. (looking at that snake)

Financial: On your way to getting better.

Love: new, fresh - maybe like a crush. Nothing serious yet. Fun and light. Exciting but in a giddy (versus sexual) way.

Career: moving along steadily. Keep on your toes..don't want to get bit by that snake. Even though you could crush him;) It could hold you back some. OR - don't get caught up in "doing what it takes" to climb that ladder. Stay true to yourself and get it by effort and you will be successful.

General meaning: Movement. Folly. Light. Keep on alert as you go your merry way for small setbacks. new beginnings. fresh and easy-going.

lord_ewin

Just wanted to flag that the clover is #2, and also represents creativity in my opinion. Anything where you create things like art, poems, etc. There might be more to add...

Might I also suggest keep one card to one post..? This way it doesn't get burried.

Bear in mind that the card inserts are rarely used unless they're to represent people as the card's meaning doesn't jive with Lenormand meanings, or rather, the Lenormand meaning doesn't jive with cartomantic meanings. Once we get to the Ace of Hearts, house and Man card, you will understand more clearly.

LE

Ronia

I personally can't imagine how you will picture all the faces and playing cards inserts on each Mystical card. LOL If you intend to learn the classical ways with Lenormand, you need to know the card inserts perfectly well. If you don't intend to learn the classical style of reading and rely on pictures, then it doesn't matter if you'll know which card is which at all. Therefore, it depends on what you want to learn. :) However, both Treppner and French sources (and Russians too) are based on card inserts and they do require knowing them well. :) That's especially true with big spreads where we often look for people and how they relate to each other.

Oh, LE, but you know all the card inserts already! :D

Tarot Fairy

I guess I am a little lost between different threads, are we supposed to post all our thoughts about the cards in this thread the next weeks/months?

LadyZelda

Hello Everyone!

I'm glad to have a little time before me as several of you are online right now :D

First of all I'm gonna answer Tarot Fairy

I guess I am a little lost between different threads, are we supposed to post all our thoughts about the cards in this thread the next weeks/months?

The "Learning The Cards Classroom" is our final thread to study the cards, thus that where to come for participating in this class for beginners. On this thread, we have schedule to meet every week-end, Saturday and Sunday counting as 1 day to give more flexibility to every students. Still, if week-ends are difficult for you, you can still post any other day that is more convenient. The only difference is that if you wish to be "live" with your classmates you might have less chances on week days.
Now, in this thread "our classroom" I post a summary of the meaning of the cards according to the Treppner's course and the Sylvestre book to have a reference from professionals. But, you will notice on my post that I also add a "Student Source", this is the info that every student can share coming from their own study of the cards. We are going to try to study 2 cards per week-end (not more than that though as it would be too much to digest at once). Still, 2 cards is not a must; we'll see how it goes.

Also if you have any questions you can post them here also, along with your thoughts. This week-end we are looking at "The Rider" and if we can "The Clover" also. ;)

So

Tarot Fairy

I'm glad to have a little time before me as several of you are online right now :D

First of all I'm gonna answer Tarot Fairy

The "Learning The Cards Classroom" is our final thread to study the cards, thus that where to come for participating in this class for beginners. On this thread, we have schedule to meet every week-end, Saturday and Sunday counting as 1 day to give more flexibility to every students. Still, if week-ends are difficult for you, you can still post any other day that is more convenient. The only difference is that if you wish to be "live" with your classmates you might have less chances on week days.
Now, in this thread "our classroom" I post a summary of the meaning of the cards according to the Treppner's course and the Sylvestre book to have a reference from professionals. But, you will notice on my post that I also add a "Student Source", this is the info that every student can share coming from their own study of the cards. We are going to try to study 2 cards per week-end (not more than that though as it would be too much to digest at once). Still, 2 cards is not a must; we'll see how it goes.

Also if you have any questions you can post them here also, along with your thoughts. This week-end we are looking at "The Rider" and if we can "The Clover" also. ;)

So

Thank you for the answer LZ, now it's totally clear! I am still a bit insure which "course" would be leading for me, there are so many which aren't always the same. I don't have the two books you have, but have the one from Melissa called "lenormand 101" I also have some dutch books, how complicated can I make it for myself huh? ;) I will take some time today or tomorrow to take a look at the Rider and Clover card and just check which source feels right to me, so I'll be back later!

LadyZelda

My view of the Rider:
Well, "folly" comes to mind, but then I see that snake in their path...but no one (horse or rider) seems to notice the snake. the snake also looks like it's hissing at them. But they are on their merry way.

Health: Nothing serious because it was caught quick. Otherwise could have been worse. (looking at that snake)

Financial: On your way to getting better.

Love: new, fresh - maybe like a crush. Nothing serious yet. Fun and light. Exciting but in a giddy (versus sexual) way.

Career: moving along steadily. Keep on your toes..don't want to get bit by that snake. Even though you could crush him;) It could hold you back some. OR - don't get caught up in "doing what it takes" to climb that ladder. Stay true to yourself and get it by effort and you will be successful.

General meaning: Movement. Folly. Light. Keep on alert as you go your merry way for small setbacks. new beginnings. fresh and easy-going.

Good point Empath! :) I'm gonna keep in mind the detail of the snake! It is not pictured in the Carta Mundi that I have studied with (but you make me think now of maybe looking at my Mystical same time I look at the Carta Mundi....not to miss anything!) but it does add a good detail! I take that snake as a "friendly advice" while traveling on the road, there might be some little annoyance, little delay, little problem...It is true in real life, can have to change a flat tire it is not major but it is in your way and you have to deal with that...Like you said the horse could easily crush it down...still the snake says "keep your eyes open!"

Makes good sense the "crush, nothing serious yet" idea for the Love theme and "the fresh and easy going" in the general section...

Very well done Empath and thanks for sharing what you noticed through your study :D

LadyZelda

Might I also suggest keep one card to one post..? This way it doesn't get burried.LE

Yeah, you've got a point there! I debated about it yesterday when I posted the 2 cards...didn't really know how to go about it. My problem remains that I really want for the students who live in Europe to be able to see it all even though they might come in class when we are sleeping...So I feel kind of stuck and I posted the 2 of them. But if I see that anyway, most students don't have the time to handle the 2 cards at once and will no matter what discuss first 1 card, like today for example. Then, maybe what I can do is assigning 1 card for Saturday and 1 card for Sunday...because I agree with you, it could bury the 2nd card real easy....
As a matter of fact, (you are making me think while I'm commenting on your post :) ), I'm gonna do that starting this week-end, and for tomorrow (so at the end of the day for us) I will copy/paste what I posted for the Clover, like this we'll keep it clear and separated!

Thanks for the suggestion and for your interpretation of the clover :D

Now for the Clover info, I have a question:

Just wanted to flag that the clover is #2, and also represents creativity in my opinion. Anything where you create things like art, poems, etc. There might be more to add...

I had not seen that side of the clover ;) Could you please explain a bit more? Is it representing creativity because it is linked to #2 or because a "clover" could mean "creativity" besides the traditional "good luck charm"?

Thanks to help us with that :D

Empath111

Good point Empath! :) I'm gonna keep in mind the detail of the snake! It is not pictured in the Carta Mundi that I have studied with (but you make me think now of maybe looking at my Mystical same time I look at the Carta Mundi....not to miss anything!) but it does add a good detail! I take that snake as a "friendly advice" while traveling on the road, there might be some little annoyance, little delay, little problem...It is true in real life, can have to change a flat tire it is not major but it is in your way and you have to deal with that...Like you said the horse could easily crush it down...still the snake says "keep your eyes open!"

Makes good sense the "crush, nothing serious yet" idea for the Love theme and "the fresh and easy going" in the general section...

Very well done Empath and thanks for sharing what you noticed through your study :D
I tried hard to just copy your paste and not look at what you wrote (saw some) and just wrote away at quick thoughts. I tend do do better with relationship stuff..was harder for me to do finances. I learned from your interpretations and eager to see what others say too:) Oh, just looking at your post I didn't do medical, timing etc. Is that also supposed to be part of how we perceive it too?
PS: ? card insets. Not sure what that is.
ETA: I reread and see the insets mean the "playing card" type symbols. Correct?