Flonz Victorian Lenormand

baylys

Even though I have all the most stunning Lenormands (and around 50 different ones at least), I haven't used any other since receiving this one.

I adore it.

Awww, thank you Nina!

baylys

I've hit a road block with the reprint of this deck.

It was recommended that I use PrinterStudio as the do a great job and they have that lovely linen cardstock.

However, a) I can't print a LWB with it, and b) they don't sell to the world from their site. I would have to buy the decks, pay a heap of postage to get them sent to me, then pay a heap of postage to get them sent to you.

So, I then tried The Game Crafter. They don't have that amazing cardstock :( Their card is really quite thin and flimsy. But, a) I can print the LWB, and b) they distribute so no double handling or excessive postage.

Also, i can only upload stuff using their templates which require photoshop or illustrator, which I don't have so I will have to buy that software. Boo :(

Feedback and thoughts please?!?!

emmsma

If the preferred publisher is Printer Studio, maybe do it by preorder, and like eltarot has done - ship to a "distributor" or "distributors" in the US and UK, who would repack and ship to individuals. I'm sure you could get volunteers to do that.

That is if they will split ship like that. Dunno if it would be feasible or how many you would have to order to be able to ship.

greatdane

Are there no other options?

Surely there must be other options as many designers self-publish. I hope some kind person who has gone through this will come forward and have another option. To be honest, I would rather have great card stock than an lwb. But then there is still the problem of the high shipping charges. I bet something else will turn up and work out for you. I know there must be people in AT who have more suggestions.

baylys

If the preferred publisher is Printer Studio, maybe do it by preorder, and like eltarot has done - ship to a "distributor" or "distributors" in the US and UK, who would repack and ship to individuals. I'm sure you could get volunteers to do that.

That is if they will split ship like that. Dunno if it would be feasible or how many you would have to order to be able to ship.

I think a 'Distributor' may be the way to go. I could get say 50 LWB's printed here and sent to that person and then they could include them in the package. Maybe?

I've just made a mini deck which is getting sent out to me so I can check them out. I got a deck in the standard colour and another in 'Sepia', it will be interesting to see the colour difference.

Melia

Another way ....

If you use Printer's Studio (as they do have good card stock), you could have each deck sent out to the buyer directly from them. While the unit price will fall with a higher order of decks, their individual unit price for 1 deck is still relatively cheap imo. Whatever the postage is, it should always be absorbed the buyer. The LWB - supply an electronic file (PDF or whatever). Most people have printing facilities to print out these days. Problem solved ... people will get a good quality deck (and the LWB) without paying for high postage costs x2.

... but the distributor idea is probably the best way to go, if you do a pre-order.

baylys

Another way ....

If you use Printer's Studio (as they do have good card stock), you could have each deck sent out to the buyer directly from them. While the unit price will fall with a higher order of decks, their individual unit price for 1 deck is still relatively cheap imo. Whatever the postage is, it should always be absorbed the buyer. The LWB - supply an electronic file (PDF or whatever). Most people have printing facilities to print out these days. Problem solved ... people will get a good quality deck (and the LWB) without paying for high postage costs x2.

... but the distributor idea is probably the best way to go, if you do a pre-order.

Upstairs for thinking......

I really don't want to have to deal with ordering and distribution though. And that is where TGC is brilliant. Simply load up the deck and everyone can access it and I don't have to do anything. Yep, I'm lazy! Also with the crappy internet in Milford Sound, doing individual orders will be a bit labour intensive.

Melia

TGC is brilliant for the deck creator, but I'm not sure they are great for the buyer though. I've never purchased a deck from gamecrafter but I think I've seen posts here saying postage is expensive. Many people also don't seem to like their card stock quality. Hence I've stayed away from purchasing anything from them.

If I were the creator of a deck I would be concerned about quality esp., or the sales you want may be affected.

baylys

TGC have done a lot in the last year or so to bring down the price of their postage and their packaging is much better too now. However, as a buyer, I KNOW their cardstock is really thin, and usually turns up with a slight bend in the whole deck. If they had even slightly stiffer card I would go with them.

My problem with Printer Studio is that while they have the nicer cardstock, I would have to take the risk of ordering X quantity of decks and hope they sell. If they don't then I am out of pocket by having excess decks sitting around. Also, the work involved in packaging and posting is unfair to ask of someone else.

Unless there is a rival company to TGC who do everything that they do, but better, then I am stuck with TGC and buying photoshop.

Or not do a reprint at all....?

Lil Red

baylys I hope you are not thinking of not reprinting at all. I like the lenormand you made a lot and of course I will buy the reprint.

Also here is my 2 cent, why not make another limited addition one like you did with the first one you done?