The Enchanted Lenormand Oracle - Caitlin Matthews, Art by Virginia Lee

Le Fanu

With the cards strung along, the little crystal ball effect really works well. It is like reading a string of beads.

I find this deck the easiest to read of the contemporary, non-vintage style Lenormands. Too often they are overly fussy and detailed. Laid out on the table, side by side, these ones are not distracting. The background vines sort of fade away.

I love this set and find I am using the deck more and more

tarot heart

I'm not fond of the bubble look either. And Le Fanu..."like reading a string of beads?" Is this a new form of divination? :)

Really looking forward to Caitlin's book though. I think she knows her stuff.

Padma

OK, so I'm weird. Lenormand confuses me. regularly.

Then we are both weird, because it has the same effect on me! :p

Sometimes the simpler a thing is, the more complicated it becomes...

I am torn about getting this - I wasn't keen at all on the card design, but I think the book may be of interest!

rivergum

I do like the bubble effect, but I think that is also because the artwork underneath is beautifully detailed. I'm going to have a bit of fun learning more about Lenormands over the end of year break.

Glass Owl

Then we are both weird, because it has the same effect on me! :p

Sometimes the simpler a thing is, the more complicated it becomes...

I am torn about getting this - I wasn't keen at all on the card design, but I think the book may be of interest!
I think you would be very happy with it, Lotus Padma. Yes, this is me enabling you!

The book is a great resource and is worth the price all by itself. The card design seems a bit strange at first but when you place the cards side by side, it looks nice. It is actually quite a clever design. I also really like the fold out chart for GT readings. And it top it off it comes in a nice box.

Padma

I think you would be very happy with it, Lotus Padma. Yes, this is me enabling you!

The book is a great resource and is worth the price all by itself. The card design seems a bit strange at first but when you place the cards side by side, it looks nice. It is actually quite a clever design. I also really like the fold out chart for GT readings. And it top it off it comes in a nice box.

you are so so bad, Glass Owl! Lol! The last thing I need is enabling :p I need to look at them again. the bubble design bothers me, but the pictures are pretty...

Glass Owl

The images sort of float in the bubbles, as though they are being viewed through a crystal ball. Although I have to admit that I couldn't stop thinking about the cards while I was taking a bubble bath the other day...

silverwings94

I have had mine for about 3 weeks now and just love it, I pre-ordered it from the Book Depository.
I love this deck and the book is really good.
Thanks Caitlin for creating this beautiful deck.
Namaste,
KAT

Asher

Just got mine...

from Amazon and I love it!

I was not taken with the images I saw online (I ordered it mostly for Caitlin's book) but once I had the cards in my hand, they are just beautiful! I love the card stock and the finish on the cards, too; they will hold up well I think.

The book is impressive! Color illustrations throughout, well-organized and easy to follow. Caitlin leads the reader step by step in the process of reading the Lenormand. This is the best English book so far, IMHO, for new readers to get their feet wet.

My only problem is the with the huge outer box and the insert that holds the book, deck and layout sheet (which I will likely never use). This huge box will take up valuable space on my (already over-stocked shelf), and I will likely discard it, once I get a suitable bag for the deck.

Off to play with the cards for awhile!

Padma

oh, great - more enabling, just what I needed - NOT! :laugh: