LANGUSTL- Lenormand

Langustl

O.k. so I misunderstood ;-)

When I paint a card I always ask for some more backrground. Don´t wanna just do the cards nice or decorative, I wanna understand the background. The crucifix in Lenormand is always used as a symbol for destiny. But what´s meant with that in the connection to a christian symbol? And what is destiny? I think destiny is the consequence of our acting, but we normaly or often can´t see that. The crucifix is a symbol of I life, I guess. If you are a Bhudda (or a Jesus, or ...) you can sit in the middle and enjoy Nirvana, the silence, the "nothing happens", the heavenly peace, how you want. But if you start going one of the ways (and the four also is only an example here, there are as many ways you want) destiny starts. You can go one way a while, you can go through, you can change to another, you can go back, but all this got its special own face. And somehow we only can start a new way, if we´ve finished the old one. This is a rough idea of the crucifix meaning. Better ;-)?

Langustl

And another one, the Storks. A more traditional performance. The subject of changes shown with the flying storks in the back and the aspect of birth indicated by the bursting egg.

http://www.langustl.de/lenormandgross/17stoercheengg.html

17stoerche.jpg

lord_ewin

Langustl said:
O.k. so I misunderstood ;-)

When I paint a card I always ask for some more backrground. Don´t wanna just do the cards nice or decorative, I wanna understand the background. The crucifix in Lenormand is always used as a symbol for destiny. But what´s meant with that in the connection to a christian symbol? And what is destiny? I think destiny is the consequence of our acting, but we normaly or often can´t see that. The crucifix is a symbol of I life, I guess. If you are a Bhudda (or a Jesus, or ...) you can sit in the middle and enjoy Nirvana, the silence, the "nothing happens", the heavenly peace, how you want. But if you start going one of the ways (and the four also is only an example here, there are as many ways you want) destiny starts. You can go one way a while, you can go through, you can change to another, you can go back, but all this got its special own face. And somehow we only can start a new way, if we´ve finished the old one. This is a rough idea of the crucifix meaning. Better ;-)?

I've always seen the cross as suffering in silence, like you have a weight you must carry but erroneously believe that you must do so alone.

It's a long protracted ordeal often symbolizing a spiritual quest or transformation. It's an emotional time for the querent and can indicate depression or a necessity for meditation and self reflection, giving yourself to faith when you feel lost and need answers, but none are readily available. "Why am I being made to suffer, alone?" when in fact you and your creator (whatever you believe in) assists you with your inner turmoil.

Mona18

Beautiful art!!

GryffinSong

I love it!!! It's wonderful to see that you're still working on this, and I'm looking forward to seeing the final deck. :)

Chiska

I just found this thread and your deck is beautiful!

Langustl

Thanks guys ;-)