A Collective Of Pixies

Octopus

My perception of this card differs a bit from the above said. I see a collective of pixies just as I would normally see one of the whee-folk. They are all pixies and this is what makes them a collective. They are naturally of the same kin. But the difference between them is that they perform different tasks, each its own. And those tasks don't overlap. They all know their own function in this world, and they are happy about such natural and clear understanding of their role in life. Since each of them does its own duty, they don't compete. There is no point to compete - one cannot be perfect in all spheres, they organically add to each other. And this is what makes them a collective.

A collective of pixies reminds me that each of us has its place in life and there's no need to try to occupy someone else's. It tells me that if one wants to be a part of a collective he or she must observe his own duties and put trust in others. He or she must be ready to lose control over ALL aspects of life, because constant worries and control over everything are bonds that are shackle-free. Letting it go and trust provides one with a chance to enjoy his or her being in this world.

A darker side, as I see it, reveals itself when one refuses to trust. And this is when a collective of pixies seems to make more fuss than sense in a spread. It looks like chaos, although happy chaos. It is also being excluded from a collective because of inner tensions and disagreements with the rules according to which a collective lives. Being a white crow or an outsider. I guess this aspect can be tied to a reverse position of this card, but I don't use reversals (cards tell me themselves).

Chronata

wow. I love everyone's take on the pixies...all so different, and yet all of these make total sense to me!

Now ...for yet another interpretation...:D

The collective of pixies, to me...is like the Star Trek Borg...saying to me...you will be assimilated.

When they start dancing in range...I realize that I have been resisting something that is actually good for me, and that I need to actually follow the crowd this time instaed of being stubborn and pulling away...

They also comes up when I am being "too individual," and I need to adapt, or blend with others around me so that projects can actually be completed. It's not about giving in, necessarily... but about throwing my voice in with the whole. Sometimes, I try too much to take the lead, when really, I need to be part of the whole...not seperate from it.

Alissa

Chronata said:
The collective of pixies, to me...is like the Star Trek Borg...saying to me...you will be assimilated.
Resistance is Futile! ;) I can just hear the Fae tell one something along these lines!

I love your take on this, Chronata!

I had JUST this experience when at a club dancing a few weekends ago. It was a closing night cast party (remember sag?) and I was groovin on watching everyone's faces in the strobe effects, just moving..... It was like "Picture"... "Picture"... "Picture".... in the strobe's snapshot like white lights. At different points, you see people caught, frozen in a pose of motion, just like these pixies are.

And, like the Pixies, many would randomly dance with their hands in the air at times too. Pixies are great dancers... really.

Skydancer

When I first saw this card I wasn't sure what I was looking at. Little aliens dancing? Stretching? Four "pixies" randomly placed on a card? Rather stark.
I like the idea of dancing tho'. Makes sense.

But, I see right off that they are looking in the four directions -- down, up, right, left. Seems significant. (I haven't read the book on this one yet.)

Team work works for me too. Each has its own expression, like they are each involved in a task. Or, they are four expressions of one doing the one task.
The one in the lower right reminds me of one of my cats when I cup my hands around his face and hold his ears and hair back!!

In reading the posts, some of you, to me, sound as if there are more figures in the card than are there. I look at the card, see only four, and wonder where the rest are to fulfill the name of "collective." There seems to me that there should be some taller figures (dancing?) off to the side. I can almost see them, but not quite. So in a way, joyful teamwork can be a definition of this card, and yet, I feel as if the artist captured only a fraction of them. A few among many.

*S*

pippi

sagitarian said:
At first, when i first got this deck, this was almost my least favorite card.
Me too! It was between this card and The Soul Shrinker.

To me, this card (used to) means, children who are abused, neglected, or something "wrong" with them in any case.
Yep! All I could see in the card when I first got the deck was the anorexic bodies, with ribs poking out. I couldn't get past the images of starving children.

However, this card scares me b/c they look like "aliens", and i'm PETRIFIED of Aliens.
I think they look like aliens as well. I keep expecting a UFO to appear in the top of the card. (Though they don't scare me.)

I had this card come up as my daily companion yesterday and was able to see past the "malnourished children" aspect. They even got me to rock out with them last night. We danced up a storm, it was really fun! :)

I mentioned the problem I had with these pixies' bodies in another thread when I first got the deck, and Alissa offered her helpful take on it:

"On the anorexic pixie body, remember that their appearance can seem to suggest self harm to those of us who inhabit the physical realm, but as a creature of the astral realm they are really only willow wisps of energy and light, and therefore do not represent harm or lacking in any way."

Jewel

Personally I usually find the Collective of Pixies to be a "noisy" card. They sort of get on my nerves a little *LOL*. They are hyper and not too directed. When I get them as my companion of the day things usually don't go very organized, and take longer to resolve. They have a short attention span, which becomes infectious when they are around *LOL*

Alta

I have seen this card in two distinct ways.

First, and most often, as working together for a common goal. But submerging your individuality to do it. Also, a sense of joyousness in the process, rather than the goal.

But this leads to the second: feeling overwhelmed by the crowd and its dictates. Needing to be individual and *not* get caught up in group-think.

qwaychou

I dont like thsi card, Like another reader had commented, they look like emaciated aliens to me.
I see discomfort, awkwardness, misshapen, emaciated, no joy, no nature, just emptiness, barren dry. They might be trying to do weather magic, trying to kickstart fertility or rain,