7 of Wands what does it mean to you?

BLFO

Kitty said:
when i see the seven of wands i picture a man in battle. like in the movies when the good guy is being ambushed by the baddies but you know the good guy can take them all on and win as he is stronger.....

have i made any sense?- can see pic in head - hard to desribe :)

Like the dudes in karate movies. He is in the center of the room surrounded by 10 guys and somehow he is able to kick all of their butts. Or think Uma Thurman slaying all of the Crazy 88 with her sword.

Abigayle

Seven is: The perfect number, (7 days to create the earth (mythical), 7 days in a week, 7 year physiological cycle). The combination of 3+4= . Seven represents a need for introspection, independent self-discovery and inner growth. Sevens reflect taking an original approach to learning, meditation, retreat, and reevaluation.

Add to that Wands: The Wands are the suit of creativity, action and movement. They are about ‘Doing’.

Now the books all say that the 7 of Wands is about defense and standing your ground and…in essence…fighting.

So let’s look at the picture. Notice anything? Look at the guys shoes…

Ruth, Chapter 4, verse 7: Now this was the manner in former time in Israel concerning redeeming and concerning changing, for to confirm all things; a man plucked off his shoe, and gave it to his neighbor; and this was the testimony of Israel.

Two immediate questions: One, was Waite a Bible reader/follower? This chapter refers to Boaz marrying Ruth. Look at the pillars on the High Priestess card…there’s a clue. Two, would Waite have included this in the 7 of Wands? I have reason to believe he did, it is a subtle inclusion referring to his fraternal activities at the time, that is missed by most. There are other fraternal references in various Waite Coleman-Smith cards.

This inclusion moves the generally accepted meaning expounded by authors and shifts it. Since seven is about perfection and learning we have to move away from conflict, and since wands are about doing we must retain the characteristic of ‘action’.

Thus is my interpretation of being supported. He is not acting alone…he appears to be, but there are folks working in the background…they have sealed the deal and he is wearing the badge upon which agreements were and are made.

:smoker:

So I am in a situation where I got the 7 of wands as advice. So would it mean take action not letting someone know that people are helping me.

SeekingLife

I know this is an old post, but for me, even though Seven of Wands traditionally means standing up for an ideal or oneself, I have come to see it as warding off others from getting too close and hurting you. My card has a man standing in front of a door as if protecting it. I've gotten this card many times in relationship readings, and truthfully, that is how I've come to be when it comes to men. The door is "the door to my heart" as corny as that sounds, and I'm guarding that door against all those suitors who will only hurt me once I let them in. Interestingly, the door leads to the outside as I can see stars through the open crack. However, he's still guarding it no matter where it leads. As a lesson, I'd say be careful who you let in... But that's purely according to my own intuition and from that particular deck.

hermit-IX

Six of Pentacles Reversed relationship

oops sorry i meant to start my own thread, pressed the wrong button ignore me...

Thirteen

Thus is my interpretation of being supported. He is not acting alone…he appears to be, but there are folks working in the background…they have sealed the deal and he is wearing the badge upon which agreements were and are made.

:smoker:
Though this was written over ten years aback, I'd like to point out that I would take it to mean that our odd-shoed man has sided with his brotherhood against the social norms that would bring them down. So, exactly the opposite. He's the one standing up for an oppressed minority and refusing to let the mob, and those in the background, and those with connections, take them down. ;)

Book of Ruth is all about the outsider, Ruth, standing up for herself at all turns. She stays with her mother-in-law, insisting on standing up and with this poor, solitary woman rather than returning to her own family. Stands with her husband's people rather than her own. And when accused of a falsehood, proves that she was set up, that she is more true to her people than those who claim her false.

It's not about having that fraternal order at your back fighting with you. It's about standing with the fraternal order when they're at their lowest and it would be so much easier to say "I'm not one of them" rather than wearing the badge and saying, "I am one of them and you will not get through me to them!"