Sabian Symbols Study Group: Virgo 12 - #162

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: VIRGO
Degree: 12
Number: 162

Symbol: A BRIDE WITH HER VEIL SNATCHED AWAY.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 161.jpg
    161.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 345

purple_scorp

I drew this symbol last night (5 Sept) as my daily card.

My first impression, from the title, is of a bride who is getting dressed for her wedding. Every female who is important to her, is in the room, helping her prepare for the most incredible day of her life. Her mother helps her zipper up the dress, then the bride sits down on a luxurious, purple, chair. Her bridesmaid steps closer carrying the veil and as she begins to lower it onto the bride's head, suddenly, a woman from the back brushes past the bride's granny - grabs the veil and off she runs. She bolts down the stairs so quickly, she jumps two at a time and then runs out the front door. Moments later, a man with a helmet drives up on a motorcycle. The woman puts the veil on her own head and the motorcycle drives into the sunset.

Who is the woman? Why did she take the veil? And, who is the man on the bike?

Undeterred, the bride slides a smaller bridesmaid's headpiece onto her head and after a bit of reshuffling of flowers and ribbons, the bridal party sets off toward the church - full of love and hope and promise.

Meanwhile, at the church, the best man paces backwards and forwards in the back room, while a groomsman keeps watch on the back door. "Nup, he's not here yet," says the groomsman to the best man.

The bride turns up at the front of the church, and is asked by a seating attendant to go round the block for another couple of times. "Why, what's wrong?" the bride asks, inquisitively.

The best man's pocket starts ringing and he reaches in and pulls out his mobile phone. "Uh-huh. What? You're kidding? No way!" and he throws his phone on the table, turns to the groomsman and says, "sheez".

The bride's car returns to the front of the church, only, this time, the best man is standing there waiting for her. "What's wrong?" the bride says.

The best man whispers something in her ear and then she lets out a shrilling cry. "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo."

With all of the grace she can muster, the bride gets out of the car, rips the bottom off her dress, pulls the flowers from her hair, and then tugs away her sleeves. She proudly makes her way into the church, dressed in what can only be described as a very sexy mini dress. In a big booming voice, she yells, "let's party!"

No, this is not one of my real life stories. BTW - I eloped. But it's what I think of when I see the title. I did say however, that I pulled this as my daily card for yesterday.

From Lynda's text: Symbol talks of taking commitment plunge - the past and future collide. You cannot continue to live in limbo (click). The future has a stronger call than the past.

Now, the (click) is my electric blanket clicking - that's my spirit guide telling me to pay attention to what I'm reading/writing at the time.

I am currently in limbo in a r/ship. Just before I pulled this card, I'd written a letting go poem. So, who's coming to my party?????

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

Ill come - can I come to your party?

I love how you interpret this card, and I agree with the interp from Lynda - limbo.
Ill add on a wedding day its not just the peolpe present who are important to us, its the family who are not there - those in spirit, those in the future, its a 'junction' of potential and possibilities, we have more 'guests' around than often we know.
When the veil is snatched away is it a blessing that we dont walk the path we thought we were going to take.... is something being revealed NOW rather than later are we suffering now so we dont have prolongued suffering later?

Im pretty sure this is a special symbol for Elsie Wheeler who was not 'married' in her life.. that Lynda says the veil was between this world and other worlds but Ill go look for the threads that deal further with this

MARINA

tink27

MCsea said:
Ill come - can I come to your party?

I love how you interpret this card, and I agree with the interp from Lynda - limbo.
Ill add on a wedding day its not just the peolpe present who are important to us, its the family who are not there - those in spirit, those in the future, its a 'junction' of potential and possibilities, we have more 'guests' around than often we know.
When the veil is snatched away is it a blessing that we dont walk the path we thought we were going to take.... is something being revealed NOW rather than later are we suffering now so we dont have prolongued suffering later?

Im pretty sure this is a special symbol for Elsie Wheeler who was not 'married' in her life.. that Lynda says the veil was between this world and other worlds but Ill go look for the threads that deal further with this

MARINA

Hi Marina!!

Please do join! The party's open to everyone!! Aren't purple_scorp's pictures amazing?!?!?!? I'm getting a whole new perspective here....and I'm having fun!!

I haven't looked at this symbol yet. Let me muse over it a bit and I'll be back to share. I'm fighting a stupid old cold....I'm not quite in top form. But I've lots of remedies and chicken soup for the soul!

tink

MCsea

Oh HI Tink
get well soon - rest and heal...

I LOVE purple_scorp's pics - amazing - it for sure ADDS something BIG to this study!

:)

MARINA

tink27

MCsea said:
Oh HI Tink
get well soon - rest and heal...

I LOVE purple_scorp's pics - amazing - it for sure ADDS something BIG to this study!

:)

MARINA

Thank you Marina. I'm doing just that....relaxing with what I love doing best!! Sharing with all of you!!

tink

tink27

purple_scorp said:
I drew this symbol last night (5 Sept) as my daily card.

My first impression, from the title, is of a bride who is getting dressed for her wedding. Every female who is important to her, is in the room, helping her prepare for the most incredible day of her life. Her mother helps her zipper up the dress, then the bride sits down on a luxurious, purple, chair. Her bridesmaid steps closer carrying the veil and as she begins to lower it onto the bride's head, suddenly, a woman from the back brushes past the bride's granny - grabs the veil and off she runs. She bolts down the stairs so quickly, she jumps two at a time and then runs out the front door. Moments later, a man with a helmet drives up on a motorcycle. The woman puts the veil on her own head and the motorcycle drives into the sunset.

Who is the woman? Why did she take the veil? And, who is the man on the bike?

Undeterred, the bride slides a smaller bridesmaid's headpiece onto her head and after a bit of reshuffling of flowers and ribbons, the bridal party sets off toward the church - full of love and hope and promise.

Meanwhile, at the church, the best man paces backwards and forwards in the back room, while a groomsman keeps watch on the back door. "Nup, he's not here yet," says the groomsman to the best man.

The bride turns up at the front of the church, and is asked by a seating attendant to go round the block for another couple of times. "Why, what's wrong?" the bride asks, inquisitively.

The best man's pocket starts ringing and he reaches in and pulls out his mobile phone. "Uh-huh. What? You're kidding? No way!" and he throws his phone on the table, turns to the groomsman and says, "sheez".

The bride's car returns to the front of the church, only, this time, the best man is standing there waiting for her. "What's wrong?" the bride says.

The best man whispers something in her ear and then she lets out a shrilling cry. "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo."

With all of the grace she can muster, the bride gets out of the car, rips the bottom off her dress, pulls the flowers from her hair, and then tugs away her sleeves. She proudly makes her way into the church, dressed in what can only be described as a very sexy mini dress. In a big booming voice, she yells, "let's party!"

No, this is not one of my real life stories. BTW - I eloped. But it's what I think of when I see the title. I did say however, that I pulled this as my daily card for yesterday.

From Lynda's text: Symbol talks of taking commitment plunge - the past and future collide. You cannot continue to live in limbo (click). The future has a stronger call than the past.

Now, the (click) is my electric blanket clicking - that's my spirit guide telling me to pay attention to what I'm reading/writing at the time.

I am currently in limbo in a r/ship. Just before I pulled this card, I'd written a letting go poem. So, who's coming to my party?????

with love
purple_scorp

This is a lovely story purple_scorp and quite interesting!!

Reading this, it felt almost as if it was a d**mned invasion!! On a collective leve, it feels as if there is some political maneuvering here, purposely designed to separate the people. But events that look like their falling apart are actually serving a higher purpose of bringing people together!! Weak links force us to look for something more perfect, strengthening and reinforcing not only ourselves but others. Everything we need is within our grasp....we need only to find the truth (walnut?) within the shell and extract it!!!

We all want things in our life to be predictable and orderly. Not everyone likes suprises and most of us get pretty uncomfortable when taken off guard. I've noticed this myself. Things can get pretty intense and then suddenly Surprise! Something gets me out of my fixated focus and I find myself open to a number of spontaneous happenings and gestures. Quite imaginative and intuitive ones too!

When the bride here got upset, her willpower represented a force of will rather than just physical strength....which carried with it a high level of self confidence which also suggests a considerable reserve of Inner Power!! Although, we aren't sure what happened to the groom and that other woman, the Bride here now sees that there is no separation between her own life the the lives of others, she has formed a close bond with.

Anger is a powerful tool to take us out of the dark night....it pulls us away from feeling inert and powerless. Anger is an emotion we feel when we see just what has been going on. Anger gets us in touch with our feelings! Anger gets things done!

Perhaps.....we could say here that truth is found in the balance of order and chaos, of lighting and dark?!? It is almost as if we see a resurrection here....cross....door....serpent!!! Am I stretching this one too far!!

tink

purple_scorp

MCsea said:
Well heck, yeah!

There's only so much roller coaster you can endure before you throw up. LOL.

See you and tink at the party, yeh?

with love
purple_scorp

tink27

We almost posted together here purple_scorp!! I think all three of us here are enjoying the party!!

tink :love: