Important. I saw a ghost few days ago next to my tarot cards, should I quit tarot?

Baltazar321

I have always been attracted to fortunetelling and all sort of readings - palm, dreams, tea leaves, runes, all sort of card readings, etc.

The day I got my first tarot deck was the day I first experienced sleep paralysis, where I felt the presence of someone, someone was grabbing and pulling my bedsheets and pillows away, and then I woke up and my bed was in perfect order and my pet chinchilla was undisturbed and sleeping as if nothing happened. Sleep paralysis was a frightening experience but I let it go and had a great time doing daily/weekly/yearly readings for myself and close friends and family. My readings were usually very accurate.

Half a year ago I got a new and more detailed tarot deck. Also, gave me very accurate readings. I still have my old tarot deck hidden in my drawer. My life was going very well, had a great loving boyfriend, nice job, good social life, then had a great Christmas and New Year's Eve. My tarot cards yearly reading depicted 3 of swords (heartbreak, sorrow) in January. I thought it was no way my boyfriend would hurt me or break up with me, he is too happy with me, he gave me a beautiful Christmas present and we were so happy during New Year's in Italy. Had lots of flights cancelled and delays, cried from stress and thought that 3 of swords was about me and being forced to stay in airports for a few days due to snowstorms. I finally came home from holidays few days ago and my boyfriend comes over to break up with me. Says he is not getting any younger, I am his first girlfriend, he needs to experience more relationships before he finds the perfect one to settle with. Of course I was shocked and feeling quite broken, and impressed with my cards. The next day I had a bit of valerian root pills in the morning to calm myself, had a few glasses of wine in the evening and then went to sleep. I was ready to go to sleep, turned to my right side and I see a female ghost figure with long hair and long layers of clothes appear next to my window and closet right in front of me... It was nothing like sleep paralysis that I've had several times before. I could jump out of my bed, scream and run out of my door. I noticed as I was opening the door, the ghost was fading away. I scared my flatmate who was in the kitchen and says she'll call a priest if I want.

Of course sleep paralysis and hallucinations happen to most of us, nothing uncommon, especially during nighttime and before falling asleep. However, I also realised that that night between the window and the closet were my tarot cards hanged in a pouch. Also, I live in ancient historic building in which probably thousands have lived in before me.

What if I summoned a spirit to give me predictions and it felt so bad about what it predicted me that it appeared the next day after break up? Or what if I attracted a spirit and it will be haunting me now?

Should I just get rid of my tarot cards? Should I quit doing readings and trying to interfere with my future like this?

I really enjoy readings, they inspire me and make me cautious but I don't want to have spirits watching me. I haven't slept well and without lights for the past few days.

I really want more opinions, advices and help making decisions from other tarot readers in regards to this.

headincloud

Usually when learning to read cards we awaken our latent psychic ability which helps us to read, psychic ability doesn't tap into a spirit it taps into the collective unconscious.

Mediumship on the other hand is on a finer, higher vibration and frequency and much harder to reach, it taps directly into a spirit hence all mediums are psychic but not all psychics are mediums. People spend years training to get to this level so if you have a natural gift you'd do well to develop it further.

Once we've developed our mediumship skills sufficiently we no longer need the cards as a prop and guide, we only need the language or symbolism we've developed through tarot.

Manfeex

Usually when learning to read cards we awaken our latent psychic ability which helps us to read, psychic ability doesn't tap into a spirit it taps into the collective unconscious.

Mediumship on the other hand is on a finer, higher vibration and frequency and much harder to reach, it taps directly into a spirit hence all mediums are psychic but not all psychics are mediums. People spend years training to get to this level so if you have a natural gift you'd do well to develop it further.

Once we've developed our mediumship skills sufficiently we no longer need the cards as a prop and guide, we only need the language or symbolism we've developed through tarot.

I do agree. What headincloud is saying

I wouldn't get rid of your tarots if your enjoying them.
X

Beancrew49

I think you should remember that these 4th dimensional entities have always been there. Just because you're starting to see them that doesn't mean that you weren't always living in relative harmony with them. If you could see all the astral entities, and attributed nearby objects to their existence, then you'd have to get rid of you car, bath towel, vacuum, dining set, tea cozy, you get the picture.

HOLMES

ah hm

since it says you live in the uk, there is a lot of spiritualist churches, mediumship circles you can join I think over there.

(note there is a difference between north American and the uk version of mediumship , actually there is a difference between many mediums and how they were taught. some are stickler for what they are taught aka tradionalists and others are rebels for what is taught doesn't match their experiences ).

sounds like it is time to start researching mediumship, spirit guides, sitting in power, working with angels, and moving forward with your gifts.

as for sleeping disorder have you got sleep tested?
I have sleep apa myself, it could be that you need oxygen when you sleep.

Diessa

If you did see a ghost, and were not simply hallucinating, then you would do well to remember ghosts are just people. There is a superstitious tendency to connect negative events to unusual psychic events and attribute the psychic event to the cause of the negative event. There may be no connection, and the projection you saw may have no negative intent toward you.

In fact, there is no reason to assume anything negative about the apparition at this point. I would not assume the apparition is related to the negative feelings you had during sleep paralysis. When we go to sleep, sometimes we pop out of our bodies, and spontaneously go into astral projection. There are lots of uncomfortable sensations that accompany having this happen when you weren't attempting to go into the astral realm consciously. Sleep paralysis, and a strong sense of vibration, or roaring in your ears is common. It has nothing to do with the astral entity. It's you visiting the realm where the astral entities are.

I would suggest that the accuracy of your readings has much less to do with the artwork on the Tarot deck you've acquired than it has to do with your own psychic development. If you are progressing in psychic ability, the break-up may actually be serendipitous. It may be an emotional catalyst you need to develop the psychic abilities, or an outcome of developing beyond the relationship with your boyfriend. While it feels very negative to you, perhaps you needed to grow beyond the relationship more than he did.

nisaba

Sounds to me as if you are letting other people's woo-woo affect you. That is what your physical symptoms seem to suggest.

Tarot is just Tarot, a car is just a car. You can drive a car with or without ghosts around, you can use a Tarot deck with or without ghosts around.

And in any case, we are *all* surrounded by ghosts *all* the time. Ghosts are just people who don't happen to be wearing bodies at the moment. Thus, your "guides", your "angels", your "ancestors" are all ghosts, too. We all have clusters of them around us, caring for us, and also going on their own personal business without affecting us much. :)

EmpyreanKnight

I used to have sleep paralysis. Not the terrifying kind where you can feel or directly see entities around your sleeping form while you lay paralyzed and helpless, but more like the panicky kind where you just can't move an inch and you have to focus all your energies on moving a finger if you want to snap out of it. This used to truly bother me because dying in your sleep, or the Sudden Unexpected Nocturnal Death Syndrome, is a very real thing here in my country. What's curious is that it almost exclusively affects young, healthy Southeast Asian or Japanese men, who just pass away in their slumbers without any explanation.

There might be some bias in what I'm going to suggest since I come from a strictly Catholic family, but ever since I started praying before going to sleep, the paralysis episodes trickled to a stop. I just pray for my angels to guide me and protect me in my sleep, for them to always keep my family safe, for the ones I love who already passed to the other side to be happy in their place in heaven, to thank Him for all my blessings, etc. Granted, my prayers are sometimes so long that I sleep in the middle of it, but I just apologize and now - no nightmares.The worst I experience now is when I wake up in the middle of the night and immediately get up and run to the light switch beside the bedroom door to turn it on, reacting so purely on instinct that a few seconds later I always get surprised as to why I did that. Even now that I'm into Tarot, they still haven't recurred, although I notice that I get very vivid dreams now.

In the case of your seeing a ghost, maybe yeah it was due to your psychic senses slowly opening up as you explore the deeper waters of the Tarot. But honestly this could also just be a singular episode and nothing more. It may or may not happen again. If it bothers you again though, I've heard from a few friends that when unwelcome sights trouble your slowly-blossoming third eye, a properly blessed and consecrated Saint Benedict Medal is particularly potent and effective.

Again, I suggest that you look out for a few more days to make sure that this isn't just an isolated event. If it does happen again, perhaps it does not have anything to do with Tarot - your ancient apartment just might be haunted. In any case, you've been given a special gift, it would be such a waste to immediately give it up because of this. You may want to consider this carefully.

Alissa

Reading Tarot cards does not conjure ghosts. Like others have said, it may awaken latent abilities in you, and opening new doors can be scary. At first. It usually gets better with familiarity of experience.

But reading your cards did not conjure a spirit. I absolutely do not believe that happens. It does not bind a spirit to you like a djinn who has to answer your questions.

Holmes! Holmes is wise. Connecting with what is ready to connect with you may be your next step, if you'd like to explore that at this time. Your choice entirely.

Ace

Many people dabble with tarot then stop because it gets TOO REAL. Or because they start seeing the Askaskic record. Which is what I think you saw. It isn't a ghost, it is an entity, a pattern of someone from the past who left their imprint on the Records. As you use Tarot, you sense these imprints. It can be scary. Try asking the cards about it. Who they are? what message can they give you?

DON'T start looking for "spirit guides" or you will find them and they will confuse you further. Instead, just realize you are looking at the universe a bit more deeply than most and ask it for the information you want.

barb