The Gravenchase Lenormand

blue_fusion

Ship at Sea

My mouse broke down a couple of days back - not really comfy using the laptop's track pad or whatever it's called - and I was only able to buy a replacement today.

Here's another card done in the same style. Would have wanted to post images in their Lenormand order, but this image got colored first. Still figuring out a good layout for the texts in the cards (this current one is still tentative).

-Ly

Attachments

• GRAVENSHIPPE2.jpg
    GRAVENSHIPPE2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 724

MoonGypsy

Oh Ly, the Ship is beyond gorgeous!!! The ship is always one of my favorite
cards visually in the Lenormand, and this one really leaves me quite breathless
with joyful anticipation! :D

blue_fusion

Oh Ly, the Ship is beyond gorgeous!!! The ship is always one of my favorite
cards visually in the Lenormand, and this one really leaves me quite breathless
with joyful anticipation! :D

Thank you! :) I hope you weren't put out by the angry fish! That's how they look like in the wopdcuts and engravings I've seen (probably because they know they'll end up in the pan).

What do you think of the playing card indices on both ends of the scroll? Are they distracting? I'm still playing around with the text layout so that part of the card may still change.

InkyAlchemy

This Ship Card sold me! I like the scroll with the playing card symbols on the end. Love the colors. If the rest of the deck is like this, I'm buying :)

InkyAlchemy

This Ship Card sold me! I like the scroll with the playing card symbols on the end. Love the colors. If the rest of the deck is like this, I'm buying :)

blue_fusion

The clover card. Title-less since I'm still figuring out the layout for that one (someone suggested something and I'll try experimenting with that).

As you guys probably could tell with the Rider and Ship cards, I'm trying to incorporate playing card suit symbols into the images themselves. I dunno how successful I am with this particular card (the diamonds in the clover). Part of me likes it because it does add that "luck" impression to the image, at least for me. I'm not sure how others will take it, though. I've prepared an alternative (a slight modification), if ever the diamonds in the clover end up to distracting for Lennie folks.

I hope this design goes well with the other two cards I've finished.

(I'm also thinking if maybe I can use this style for a super secret tarot deck I've been planning for ages. :D)

-Ly

Attachments

• CLOVER KULAY.jpg
    CLOVER KULAY.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 746

Aster Breo

I really LOVE this art, and will buy this deck if/when you offer it for sale (budget permitting, of course). And I like how you're incorporating the suit symbols into the Lenormand symbol. Tbh, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it, so it definitely wouldn't be a distraction for me, as a reader.

I like the scroll you have on the Ship card, but I don't love the 2 playing card indices. Maybe the card number on the left end of the scroll and the playing card index on the right?

Are you planning any extra cards for this deck? Just wondering how you're going to handle the card numbers and playing cards for extra cards, because I'm struggling with that for my own deck.

blue_fusion

I really LOVE this art, and will buy this deck if/when you offer it for sale (budget permitting, of course). And I like how you're incorporating the suit symbols into the Lenormand symbol. Tbh, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it, so it definitely wouldn't be a distraction for me, as a reader.

I like the scroll you have on the Ship card, but I don't love the 2 playing card indices. Maybe the card number on the left end of the scroll and the playing card index on the right?

Are you planning any extra cards for this deck? Just wondering how you're going to handle the card numbers and playing cards for extra cards, because I'm struggling with that for my own deck.

I tried doing that - one end of the scroll having the Lennie number and the other having the playing card index, and it didn't feel balanced enough. :( The problem I'm seeing is that one is just a number and the other one a number/letter with a suit symbol at the bottom. Or it could just be my OCD. :D Someone else suggested elsewhere that I maybe try getting elements from old maps and putting the number and index there. Another option I'm currently testing out is to put the index below the scroll, maybe in some shield shape, or something like it.

I have debated with myself on what to do with the other cards. I'm currently leaning towards not adding extras, except for the man woman and maybe child, and just putting short LWB texts on the remaining cards. Creating extra cards with extra meanings, or drawing the extra cards from another type of deck (e.g. the Kipper), might prove too ambitious for me. Someone else suggested adding Zodiac cards, but it somehow doesn't feel right.

You can maybe ask other people who have created decks with extra cards about how they managed the process - for example, reall regarding her Chakra Lenormand deck in a couple of threads below. Hope that helped. :)

reall

like how you're incorporating the suit symbols into the Lenormand symbol. Tbh, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it, so it definitely wouldn't be a distraction for me, as a reader.
ha ha! same here!:)) I only noticed that on 2look!x,x lolz :))

I like the scroll you have on the Ship card, but I don't love the 2 playing card indices. .
same!:)) 1 is enough for me!:)) but what do i know?!x,x :))

You can maybe ask other people who have created decks with extra cards about how they managed the process - for example, reall regarding her Chakra Lenormand deck in a couple of threads below. Hope that helped. :)
ha ha! thanks for remembering me!^^ but we already talk about that!:)) it seems there is not enough lenormand decks with extra cards?x,x /or it's usually just few more people cards?x,x :))

btw I suggest you do artwork first and when you have all cards completed then think about how to add numbers and card insertions?:)) good idea is to see how your favorite/popular deck solve that?:)) /thats what I did!^^ and even if you can't tell my role model for that part was GLR!X,X facepalm :)) idea is to make it clear and visible /big enough but not stick into eye!x,x :)) and i think i manage to do that with my deck!^^ even mini look *visible!^^ but so far there is not much *popular demand so,,,:))

on topic imo numbers should be easier to solve?x,x so do that first? maybe you might try experimenting with *burned paper look?x,x /to make numbers look like burned into card or something like that?x,x when I see your clover I can totally see numbers and card reference in upper corners and it might work for ship to! something between this
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mlle-lenormand-cartomancy/
and this http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/flonz-victorian-lenormand/
I think that would go well with your style that is original!^^:)) and fantastic artwork! reminds me bit on marseilles style?!x,x ;))

and here is more good/original examples to consider
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/lothrop-lenormand/
*invisible numbers http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mystical-lenormand/

and if you decide to stick to streched papirus
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/under-the-roses-lenormand/
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/yuletide-lenormand/
or you can center it something like this http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/antiquarian-lenormand/
hope that gives you idea!:)) whatever you decide I'm sure will be fantastic!^^ just pull it till the end!^^ lolz :))

Edit I would stick with what you did with rider just reverse places!:))
card number firstcorner and playing card on right.!:))

blue_fusion

How about this layout? I really want red suit cards to have red text (that's coming from the playing card aficionado in me). I placed the cards side by side to see if they look consistent with each other (which I hope is the case!).

(Apologies for the mixed up playing card inserts! Too many sleepless nights...)

Attachments

• SAMPLER.jpg
    SAMPLER.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 855