78 card Jean Noblet Tarot by Jean-Claude Flornoy

lunakasha

lark said:
Hi Luna..I ordered one dack and with shipping it was $37.76 in US dollars after conversion..I ordered it Friday.

So lark.....did you get yours yet????? :D

Details PLEASE :eek:.....the anxiety of waiting is getting to me, hehe!!!

I hope you are enjoying it anyway.

Has anyone here tried any readings with this deck???
I am interested in hearing about how it handles/shuffles as well as "readability" (I am going to attempt it myself over in the Daily Draws forum).

Thanks!
:) Luna

lark

I just this minute got it luna...haven't even opened it yet..but even the box feels substantial and like it's old.
I have a question...the extra card that came with it that Roxanne signed for me....the Dodal LEPAPE...
Is that just what the 22 Noblet and Dodal decks are like that you have all been raving about?
It sure is lovely...

So off to the back porch with a glass of wine and my new Noblet...what a treat...

RussianSoul

My deck came in about 10 days after ordering it. I've been reading with it non-stop, daily, since I got it a couple of weeks ago. it handles like a dream and is a perfect size. The quality of cardstock is perfection. It is my favorite deck, hands down. The only wish I have is rounded corners, like in Dodal's deck. But Jean Claude explained why it wasn't possible.

Enjoy yours when it comes!

lunakasha

lark said:
I just this minute got it luna...haven't even opened it yet..but even the box feels substantial and like it's old.
I have a question...the extra card that came with it that Roxanne signed for me....the Dodal LEPAPE...
Is that just what the 22 Noblet and Dodal decks are like that you have all been raving about?
It sure is lovely...

So off to the back porch with a glass of wine and my new Noblet...what a treat...

Ooooh talk about perfect timing, LOL!!!

That does sound like a treat.....ENJOY lark! (and report back soon) hehe })

RussianSoul~ thank you for giving me even MORE reason to get excited! I appreciate it, glad to hear that it shuffles so well too. I have heard nothing but rave reviews for this deck, so I know it is going to be amazing AND worth waiting for! I normally prefer rounded corners too, but in this case I will just have to make an exception.

Thank you both for responding so quickly. :love:

:) Luna

PS: It has been a week since I ordered mine, so I know the wait is ALMOST over now! :party:

thinbuddha

lark said:

Yep- I assume they are "rejects" , but only 1 of the 3 that I've collected has any noticable flaw.

prudence

RussianSoul said:
My deck came in about 10 days after ordering it. I've been reading with it non-stop, daily, since I got it a couple of weeks ago. it handles like a dream and is a perfect size. The quality of cardstock is perfection. It is my favorite deck, hands down. The only wish I have is rounded corners, like in Dodal's deck. But Jean Claude explained why it wasn't possible.

Enjoy yours when it comes!
I want to say ditto to this post, though my wait was possibly shorter (maybe 7 or 8 days) ....I feel the same about all that you stated here, use it everyday, love it, love the size, the shuffle-ability, and the way it reads. (something about the faces and postures makes it speak loudly to me, which I appreciate from a deck:D)

And I am okay with the corners, especially after I noted someone saying it is more like the real thing this way. (like a deck from way back when)

I love this deck. :heart:

jmd

thinbuddha said:
Yep- I assume they are "rejects" , but only 1 of the 3 that I've collected has any noticable flaw.
Nope... not rejects - those are hand-made, not mass produced, and there may be some minor variation between exemplars. Basically, my understanding is that Jean-Claude and Roxanne made a few additional sheets that are being used equivalently to 'business' and gift cards, rather than distributing faulty work that Jean-Claude would undoubtedly reject rather than pass around.

The printed Noblet, however, is not hand made, but printing machine made in relatively small quantities for 'mass' production (only 1000 for the English versioned booklet, if I recall).

prudence

jmd said:
Nope... not rejects - those are hand-made, not mass produced, and there may be some minor variation between exemplars. Basically, my understanding is that Jean-Claude and Roxanne made a few additional sheets that are being used equivalently to 'business' and gift cards, rather than distributing faulty work that Jean-Claude would undoubtedly reject rather than pass around.

The printed Noblet, however, is not hand made, but printing machine made in relatively small quantities for 'mass' production (only 1000 for the English versioned booklet, if I recall).
Thanks for explaining that jmd, I had been wondering about this as well.

The quality of the painting and paper etc in the "calling card" note from Roxanne is the same as the 22 card edition of the deck, it is lovely and perfect, imo. This is what we have all been raving about.:D

lark

Thank you jmd
It has been fun to compare the card I got with my Dodal deck Lepape and see the clarified lines.

Well luna...it is beautiful, petite, and the colors are so crisp.
It feels like you found it in the back of your great grandpa's sock drawer...a little treasure.
I'm a mere muggle when it comes to Marseille decks so excuse me while I gush about the little book that comes with it....full of insights that unfortunately I've never had the pleasure of reading before.

How shall we get on?...The Moon...and since reading the little book I have a whole new view of this card and that is pretty much exactly how it feels to me.

I think I went pale at the thought of the first shuffle ..a little stiff at first but feels like it will soften up nicely.
The corners take some getting used to, we'll see how they hold up to wear...but it does give it a nice authentic look and feel.
I am so used to my Dodal and Heron that the people on the Noblet have a whole new personality...it's kind of like visiting your cousins in another city.

I hope you get your's soon! :)

thinbuddha

jmd said:
Nope... not rejects - those are hand-made, not mass produced

I assumed that they were rejects because one has a slight smear, and another has different coloring. Frankly, I would have been happy to have any of the 3 I have included in place of what came as part of the deck I paid for.