78 card Jean Noblet Tarot by Jean-Claude Flornoy

le pendu

le pendu said:
There are also some wonderfully unique details found only in this deck.
Minervasaltar said:
You see, the Noblet Royne de Bastons has real boobs with actual nipples. :)
Now, did I mention the penis on the Fool? ;)

Debra

Ya, ya, I saw that. Dear one, quit just hanging around and please I implore you--answer my question(s)--why are we up so late, anyway? lol

Debra

Here it is, for the voyeurs. Including me. Ouch!

Attachments

• Noblet fou-web.jpg
    Noblet fou-web.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 306

Melanchollic

Looks like I may need to invest in another deck.

le pendu

Debra said:
Ya, ya, I saw that. Dear one, quit just hanging around and please I implore you--answer my question(s)--why are we up so late, anyway? lol
Ha ha ha!

I thought I DID answer.. you've seen the notes about nipples and penises and you have to ask? ;)

Dodal is great because it is larger, more similar to the Conver, and probably based directly on a very old model.

Noblet is great because it's the oldest TdM we know of, has some really incredible details, and is simply more unusual and quirky.

If I didn't know they were letting the Noblet run out I would say get the 78 Noblet and 22 Dodal, that way you'd kind of have your bases covered.

But not knowing what their plans are for the Dodal, and given that if I had to choose between the two I would choose the Noblet, and knowing that the Noblet is going to run out... I'd choose the Noblet.

Of course, the best advice is probably to look at the artwork on the site and see which one appeals to you more. At the end of the day, it's about having the decks that bring you the most joy, not the ones that are rarer or harder to find.

Minervasaltar

le pendu said:
Now, did I mention the penis on the Fool? ;)

* grin *

Looking at the Noblet fool always makes me very happy not to have a penis.

I LOVE that this fool has a very clear cat (it is not, I repeat NOT, a dog!). :)

Debra

Okey dokey. I did what you said. Really it's the hairdo on Death that did me in....

Attachments

• mort-web.jpg
    mort-web.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 289

le pendu

Debra said:
Also. Can you actually shuffle and read from them?

Yes indeed. Fudugazi often recommends this spread:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=79794

Of course, if you're going to use the deck you might want to get a second as backup. ;) Kidding! Yes, you can shuffle and use the deck, in fact, you're going to LOVE how the cards feel, they're amazing.

Debra

Fudugazi posted it partly because I asked!

As I was filling out the form, I kept adding decks from that beautiful site...and as if by magic my checkbook fell to the floor groaning. Woops.

So I have done as advised by someone in my very same time zone who's fooling around here at 3:11 a.m. and ordered the Noblet majors and now I can't wait!

'night, acrobat ;)

prudence

le pendu said:
I'm very excited to have the 78 card deck available...

but...

if the 22 is going to be allowed to run out then I need to make a plea to please consider getting a copy while you still can.

This shows how the 22 is made:
http://www.tarot-history.com/The-Atelier/index.html

It's amazing that we can get that kind of craftsmanship in this day and age.

I'm sure the 78 is going to be a great deck, both for the historic merits and for the care I know that Jean-Claude Flornoy puts into his work. It will probably be one of my favorite tarot decks published. The 22 is one of the most valued items of any kind that I own.

Le Diable, I mean, le pendu whispers in your ear "get them both, get them both!"
I just ordered one from the site, thanks Robert. :)
I already have the 22 card deck, and as soon as I read your post and had a look at how it was made, went rushing into my room to scoop up my poor little deck and get it back into its protective box. :bugeyed:

I am thinking the 78 card edition will move my Spanish deck out of its number one slot of most used deck I own. The faces in this deck are definitely my favorite out of all of my decks, the squareness of the jaws on some, the angle of a nose, the lidded quality of the eyes on others;)....I love how these people were drawn.:heart: There is an attitude in their postures and gazes that is, to my eyes, so very cool.