78 card Jean Noblet Tarot by Jean-Claude Flornoy

Bonnie

Thank you!

Roxanne:

I want to add my voice to the "Thank you's" for posting the Court Cards. I loved the cards, and look forward to working with them!

Blessings,
Bonnie

Scion

Magnificent and significant. How often does that happen in a year?

Beautiful, masterful work by all involved! I'm ordering a copy pronto.

VGimlet

I can't believe I'm actually going to add yet another deck to my wanted list this year. But this deck is too excellent to pass up. It might even have to go to the top of the list.

Nina*

They are beautiful.

Just ordered two copies.

la-luna

at last we will have a Tarot de Marseille in the Ten Decks Published in 2007 at the end of the year ( top 3 would be nice and deserved )

Alta

la-luna said:
at last we will have a Tarot de Marseille in the Ten Decks Published in 2007 at the end of the year ( top 3 would be nice and deserved )
I think you are right. This is such an accomplishment.

Le Marseillais

I received mine....

Hello everybody,
Today Tuesday 26th June and back from work, I got THE Deck.
After I put all the 78 cards on my table with my 22 Majors handcrafted Noblet aside, I decided to:
Get my Catalogue from 1984 BNF Exposition "Tarot, Jeu et magie"
( I rush to my private zone area full of computer, books, decks, photos and all this stuff).
Take my ruler (where the hell is gone this piece of plastic ! Aargh !!!)

Compare this 3 sources:
Ouf ! here we are:

P. 65 BNF Noblet is 92 X 55 mm.

On hand stenciled 22 Majors, measures are:
From side to side: 94.5 X 59 mm
From black line to black line:90 X 54.5 mm

On 78 cards new version, measures are:
From side to side: 94 X 61 mm
From black line to black line:91.5 X 55 mm

My first conclusion is that:

The 78 cards brand new edition is more faithful regarding original Jean Noblet deck from B.N.F (Bibliothèque Nationale française).

After this (no, in fact I am lying I firstly looked to colors ;). ), I feel colors and for this no doubt that a craftsman work is uncomparable:
My second conclusion is that:

I definitly vote for my 22 Majors handmade deck.

Last pain for my eyes, I got my "loupe" (magnifying glass). Zoom 11 x.
And of course I voted again for my 22 Majors. A pure pleasure, to see the material of paint, so red, so blue, so yellow ect...

But back to more reasonnable distance ( I am not reasonnable, I know that Roxanne and Jean Claude :) ) This 78 cards version is really great because it was necessary to organise this rebirth, this travel through Time for this so Modern design deck. An original man this Sieur Noblet !!!

My last conclusion is that:

I am nut of Tarot...

Yves Le Marseillais €uropean Freak

le pendu

YAY Le Marseillais!!

Congratulations of being the first to receive their deck!

Darn it, to think that you'd get it first in France before I got mine in California! ;)

le pendu (disappointed yet again by the mail today)

Le Marseillais

A Unique Country: Marseilles

Hi Hanged man !!
You are hanged to... your Post office ha ! ha! ha! ;) howling like a stepplewolf and hanging around for fresh Tarot cards; Whuuu !!!
You know what ? I am lucky coz France is the closest country to Marseilles State. No ocean to cross, nearly similar language, common slang, same currency, not same flag and more colored people down there but this is not so important after all.
Really nice box indeed.
Thanks you Robert.

Sans rancune ? (no grundge ?)

The Froggie

Bonnie

Impatiently waiting also!

Ladies & Gentlemen:

I am also impatiently awaiting my copy of this deck. Aside from being absolutely gorgeous, I am looking forward to working with the grandfather of all Marseilles decks! :)

Actually, I am also looking to read Flornay's "Journey of the Soul" - the excerpt on his site is more than interesting!

Blessings,
Bonnie