10 of Pentacles vs 10 of Cups - What's the difference in a relationship?

Morgan Le Fei

10 of Pentacles could be security, but in some of my readings it has pointed towards involvment with big businesses.

10 of Cups is a family card; a happy home with love and safety.

willowfox

10 pents Home security, financial security, family wealth, long family line, marrying for stability or financial reasons like in an arranged marriage, making plans for future stability, laying the foundation of an empire. Has to do with large businesses as well.

10 cups Happiness, love, emotional happiness with no concern for material or financial issues. Just like the hippies used to be.

ofbainbridge

10 of Pentacles vs 10 of Cups - What's the difference in a relationship?

10 of Pents would give an indication of the physical or material aspects of a relationship depending on how it is aspected or the position the cards holds in lay out...

the 10 of Cups would give an indication of the emotional flow of a relationship again depending on how the card was aspected or what the position in the layout was...

Star1234

10 of cups/ 10 of coins

Double happiness!

Open Arms

To me Pents are of the Earth - so the love would be more stable more long term, strong, steady, enduring
Cups are of the Water - Like the ebb and flow of the tide which means the love would be more variable - the highs higher and the lows much lower. Water "runs" away.

Sorry to cloud things!

WalesWoman

a couple ideas,
10 Pentacles... the family you inherit, your ancestry, physical traits, etc. that are passed from one generation to another, the family home

10 Cups... the family you create and love, so this could be the one you make with your partner or the circle of friends who feel like family... it's home of the heart

Gazel

WalesWoman said:
a couple ideas,
10 Pentacles... the family you inherit, your ancestry, physical traits, etc. that are passed from one generation to another, the family home

10 Cups... the family you create and love, so this could be the one you make with your partner or the circle of friends who feel like family... it's home of the heart

This really makes sense to me, I will make a mental note about this ;o)

MoniqueDolls

I am going to agree with what some of the others have already stated.

The relationship described in the 10 of cups is more about the emotions. Money does not matter as much, it is more about the feeling of being in love. With the 10 of cups I see that the relationship may not be able to survive if either of the parties becomes emotionally distress or grows in a different direction. The other partner will feel abandoned emotionally and the relationship them fails.

With the 10 of pentacles, money matters. It doesn't mean that the love is not real or emotional. But that the relationship may not be able to survive financial upset. That being secure (money wise) is important.

WalesWoman

10 is Completion, so this could spell the end, but it also could mean you have found everything you have ever wanted and are complete, nothing is missing... you have it ALL.

Therefore... expect things to change, because nothing good ever lasts forever.
I'm kidding, but I wouldn't expect this to mean it is perfection, because without change, without progression this will stagnate and become the beginning of the end.

Calq

ros said:
10 Pentacles - secure in your values
10 Cups- secure with your feelings

ros
:)
I think of the 10 of coins as more secure materially and 10 of cups as secure spiritually.