The Wild Unknown Tarot - The Wheel of Fortune X

Sulis

What a tangled web we weave......

In the top half of this card it is night-time. The sky is dark and filled with stars and a waxing (if you're in the Northern Hemisphere), crescent moon is in the sky.
At the bottom of the card is white light and there is the sun... So it's day-time.
Between the 2 is a sphere covered with a circular framework of twigs which makes me think of The Wheel of the Year... The twigs are joined in the centre, a little like a dream-catcher. Woven in and out of the twigs are coloured cords and strings... They are tangled, there doesn't seem to be any order amongst them, they seem to be randomly draped across the framework... It's like a very untidy spiders-web.
On top of the whole thing perches an owl which looks out of the card, straight at the reader.

Wow, what a Wheel of Fortune card...
This makes me think of the interconnectedness of the universe... In fact I think it depicts The Universe... This card reminds me that everything in this world of ours is connected and that everything we do, everything we say, every decision we make affects something else, either in our own little world or someone else's.

The Wheel to me is a card of change. It reminds me that life is cyclical. If you're at the top now, you can guarantee that sooner or later, you'll be at the bottom and vice versa. If you've been having a run of bad times then this card offers hope that they won't last forever, the wheel will turn and things will get better because that's the way of the universe - connected and balanced.

I'm not sure of the significance of the owl but I think to me it's signifying the wisdom to know that life is in constant flux and that all is connected...

This is another of those cards that may be my favourite depiction of this archetype ever :).

jcwirish

The dreamcatcher is the first thing I think of when I look at this card, so it has a Native American feel to it for me. I am also reminded of the tapestry of life and how all things are connected to each other. Also that none of us are immune to the difficulties of life. We ALL must experience both the good and the bad in life in order to grow and become the people we are meant to be. Too much good can leave us feeling superior and unable to empathize with those less fortunate. Too much bad, and we may become despondent and too self-involved to recognize what others are dealing with. The way the owl is balanced at the top of the wheel looking at us, reminds me that we are meant to try and achieve balance and inner harmony regardless of what is happening in our lives. The owl asks us to have the wisdom to understand that life is a delicate balance, and that we will all experience joy and pain as an integral part of our journey. It's important not to get too caught up in either scenario. Everything happens for a reason, and there is always a lesson to be learned from our experiences.

For me, this wheel appears to be hurtling through space, which only emphasizes the idea that, although the ups and downs of life may feel random and cruel, the universe operates at a level far beyond our individual wants and needs. We are a part of something much bigger than ourselves, and it is not necessary for us to understand why life throws us curve balls every now and then, but to recognize that there are natural rhythms and cycles to all life, and that there is always something to be gained from examining where we are at any given time, and how we can learn from the experiences life gives us.

celticnoodle

What a tangled web we weave......

Wow, what a Wheel of Fortune card...
This makes me think of the interconnectedness of the universe... In fact I think it depicts The Universe... This card reminds me that everything in this world of ours is connected and that everything we do, everything we say, every decision we make affects something else, either in our own little world or someone else's.

I so agree! this is the best wof card I think I've ever encountered. Generally this is the card I detest the most in a tarot deck--partly due to the fact that as a visual reader, I generally don't get much out of the wof images in most decks. But this deck just really throws information my way!

First with the dark sky, the owl perched tehre and the moon & stars. To me the dark sky is telling me the unknown is about to occur. but the owl is wise and with this on the image, I feel 'protected' somehow and know not to fear this unknown. to embrace it and use my skills and abilities to my fullest to welcome the change that is about to happen. Depend upon what I know, be still and listen. stay balanced, yes--like JCWIrish mentions too.

the crescent moon is telling me to use my instincts and just go with it. This card just feels very mystical too. which I think is a great way to depict the wof card. With both the owl and the crescent moon, it just feels like it is screaming--USE YOUR INTUITION!!! I can see both clairvoyancy and clairaudiency and psychic abilities in this card--that everyone has--to some degree or another. this card is telling you to open your eyes, and see- to stay balanced and pay attention. to be still, quiet and listen! I realize many won't see these 3 abilities in the card--its just how I see it. If it came up in a reading for a client, I'd tell them to pay attention to all their senses, that it won't serve them wrong when the change is upon them. and, in doing so they will achieve balance again (achievement and honor and hope is depicted by the bright stars twinkling in the dark skies).

Reversed too is also filled with information in this card. The sun is shining and the darkness is behind us--or is it coming again? With it in this position, you can deal with whatever is coming your way. there are still tangles to deal with, but you KNOW they are there. They are visible. you are enlightened to the things life is throwing your way and so these can be seen as the little every day surprises that pop up for us.

The dreamcatcher is the first thing I think of when I look at this card, so it has a Native American feel to it for me. I am also reminded of the tapestry of life and how all things are connected to each other. Also that none of us are immune to the difficulties of life. We ALL must experience both the good and the bad in life in order to grow and become the people we are meant to be.
very true! I also see it like a dream catcher and get a Native American feel to it as well.

Everything happens for a reason, and there is always a lesson to be learned from our experiences.
A very wise statement here, JCW! One that this card really emphasizes I think.

For me, this wheel appears to be hurtling through space, which only emphasizes the idea that, although the ups and downs of life may feel random and cruel, the universe operates at a level far beyond our individual wants and needs. We are a part of something much bigger than ourselves, and it is not necessary for us to understand why life throws us curve balls every now and then, but to recognize that there are natural rhythms and cycles to all life, and that there is always something to be gained from examining where we are at any given time, and how we can learn from the experiences life gives us.
yes, I can also see the wheel as hurling through space, picking up all the good and the bad along the way and interweaving it and that sooner or later it'll be hitting us square in the head. That we will need to continue dealing with these things so we can stay balanced and learn the lessons life hurls our way.

Milfoil

I'm finding this card very difficult to work with. Yes the visuals are very specific but the wheel isn't turning, it is stuck and bound by all those ribbons and strings yet life doesn't seem to work quite that way and the wheel of fortune does turn regardless of our attachments.

The web or weaving of fate is definitely suggested here but perhaps a clear departure from the wheel would have been necessary to take that successfully to conclusion. As it is, the imagery is mixed and I struggle to see change or movement in it which starts to remind me more of the hanged man energy.

Thoughtful

I'm finding this card very difficult to work with. Yes the visuals are very specific but the wheel isn't turning, it is stuck and bound by all those ribbons and strings yet life doesn't seem to work quite that way and the wheel of fortune does turn regardless of our attachments.

The web or weaving of fate is definitely suggested here but perhaps a clear departure from the wheel would have been necessary to take that successfully to conclusion. As it is, the imagery is mixed and I struggle to see change or movement in it which starts to remind me more of the hanged man energy.

Looking at this card l see how you see it Milfoil. If this came up in a reading for a querent l would also see the 'stuckness', and that the person needs to move forwards. Our positive side moves us forward our negative side keeps us stuck and tangled. The night sky is uppermost in this card and what gives hope is that it shows the cycle of a waxing moon indicating that its next phase is the fullness of light in the darkness. The owl sits there as a reminder that we have the wisdom within us to change ourselves and in doing so the wheel can turn again bringing our attention to the sun as we see the light of day again and have that transformation into something better.
l have only just received my deck so l am still giving it a lot of attention, but that is what l see with this card, and l hope it makes some sense.

Nickigirl

Sometimes when the querent is feeling all tangled up and trapped, this card will remind them that everything is always changing and things will get better, the daytime will come back around again. The moon is waxing and the next cycle is ready to begin. And with the wise owl sitting there, you know you can learn from this cycle even as you move into tHe next.

slfrank67

i have confirmed that this card sports the only waxing crescent in the deck (the rest are all waning, have yet to go through and determine if some of the 'sun' are actually full moons/eclipses.

the wheel is made of wands.

i also immediately relate this card to the suit of swords, because the three of swords also depicts a ribbon entanglement, though it is only red. and because of the owl. is it the daughter? the stars in the daughter/swords card are all different colors, does this connection therefore imply that she has psychic inklings, premonitions and the like?

i'm sensing something psychical about a few more swords in this deck, which is something i have not encountered before (i hope it is okay for me to digress about swords in a discussino about the wheel of fortune card!) the 9 of swords shows a jawbone and earthworms, decomposition, after death. yet those eyes are seeing. one looks straight at you, the other is looking back. the next card, 10 of swords, the bull's eyes are out. it seems backwards, i haven't figured this out yet. also, the four of swords has a little goat with his third eye alight...