The Wild Unknown Tarot VIII Wands

Sulis

8 sticks are arranged in a circle like the spokes of a wheel, their tips meeting at the central point. At that central point is a bolt of lightning in rainbow colours, the reds nearest the top of the cards, the green, blue and ultra-violet at the tip so striking the centre of the circle of sticks. The background is dark but the card is lit up where the lightning strikes (if it wasn't we wouldn't be able to see the main image).

This card makes me think of Nanny McFee's staff or magic wand... She bangs it on the floor and wonderful, magical things happen. This looks like the energy strikes and you get results..
It's a card filled with energy, it's fast, it's electric... It's so much better, in my opinion, than 8 bits of wood flying through the sky ;).

8s are about balance, decisions, harvest, results of previous actions and I can see all of those things in this card. A flash of inspiration, something happening quickly but the circle makes me think of The Wheel of the Year so I'm getting things falling into place too or the results of something we've done before happening.. Because of The Wheel of the Year correspondence, I'm also getting time but it's fast because of the lightning bolt..

A bolt from the blue is a term that comes to mind.. Something unexpected happening...

I think there's so much in this card and the meanings will become clear depending on the context but I love how it has so much to say.

Attachments

• 8 Wands.jpg
    8 Wands.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,946

Sulis

This card in action

I pulled this card yesterday and didn't have much on so was wondering what it was going to mean to me and my day.. I was soon given my answer - the washing machine motor blew up - literally went with a flash and a bang.... A flash of energy, quickly over and then no more; sounds like the 8 Wands to me :laugh:.

lark

That is a sudden response to the card!
Isn't it great when that happens?
I mean, not that the motor blew up, but that it expressed the card so well.
Love when that happens.
I've never pulled this card yet, but because of your post... I'll remember to look around me when I do. ;)

Alta

I got this card and the 'spark' igniting action was the clear idea. The central lightning strike plus the 'fuel' waiting to be lit (i.e. either prep work or things needing that spark to get going).

Sulis

I got this card and the 'spark' igniting action was the clear idea. The central lightning strike plus the 'fuel' waiting to be lit (i.e. either prep work or things needing that spark to get going).
I like that idea of the other sticks being the 'fuel' waiting to be lit with the central one as the spark...