9 of Pentacles

starhermit

I just noticed a few details in this card:

1) There's a tiny snail crawling along at the bottom left of the card, on the ground near the tip of the woman's shoe (just peeking out from her gown).

2) And speaking of the gown, what I had thought were childishly drawn flowers, I've just noticed are Venus symbols! Some even look vaguely like Mars symbols (if you squint the 'leaves' are a bit crooked and look like arrows).

3) There are mountains in the background and a castle-top peeking out at the right edge of the card, near the tree.

And I've never been able to really think of the bird on her gloved hand as a falcon, surely birds of prey are much larger?

The card itself speaks to me of the stereotypical career girl, tough and independent, surrounded by material goodies which she has acquired by her own means. But alone and possibly not liking it... the woman's face does seem a bit dissatisfied.

Comments?

Fulgour

hello starhermit

1) There's a tiny snail crawling along at the bottom left of the card, on the ground near the tip of the woman's shoe (just peeking out from her gown).

She doesn't see it, but the Falcon 'senses' it!

2) And speaking of the gown, what I had thought were childishly drawn flowers, I've just noticed are Venus symbols! Some even look vaguely like Mars symbols (if you squint the 'leaves' are a bit crooked and look like arrows).

Venus in Virgo is the astrological atribution ~ portending purity.

3) There are mountains in the background and a castle-top peeking out at the right edge of the card, near the tree.

Distantly removed from her cozy garden sanctuary.

And I've never been able to really think of the bird on her gloved hand as a falcon, surely birds of prey are much larger?

Falcons come in all sizes, and this one's "a bird in hand."

The card itself speaks to me of the stereotypical career girl, tough and independent, surrounded by material goodies which she has acquired by her own means. But alone and possibly not liking it... the woman's face does seem a bit dissatisfied.

Her high standards may have come at a high price. Love is so untidy.

Comments?

Thanks for posting your observations. I await your reply!

:)