Death and Tower in the same reading!! Scared! Please help...:(

SunChariot

Kaminari said:
Ok, so I am sort of confused and scared. I've been getting Death and Tower cards together in the same reading a couple of times now. I fear that it means physical death of myself or a loved one.

At the moment I am going through some big changes. I am finally facing my fear of something that has been holding me back for about a decade now.
I should also add that for the past 1.5 years I've been in a very bad situation job wise. I've been employed for about 3 months out of that time and the job was horrible and didn't work out for me. My physical and mental health has been on a steady decline during that time too. I suffer from an anxiety disorder and this past year and a half has been pure hell.

I don't know what to do with my life and I fear the future. Once I decided to face my fear of something that has been bothering me for the past 10 years, I decided to do a reading and I got Death and Tower together in 2 readings, and separately in other readings too. Now I am scared. I realize Death means change but I read somewhere that getting Death and Tower together means physical death or serious illness.

Can anyone please shed some light for me on this?

I would appreciate it a lot, thanks!!

You remind me of myself when I was starting out. :grin:

My first Tarot reading I did, the Death card came out and I was so scared it meant I was going to die that I didn't dare pick up the cards again for like 2-3 weeks. LOL Sorry, not laughing at you, but at me. Luckily I had taken note of which cards landed where, so finally weeks later I found the nerve to put the cards back onto the position they had landed in and try to see what they were saying. Which of course was nothing to do with death at all. And that was 5 1/2 years later and I am still very much alive and kicking.

I am sure you have heard this before, but I will say it again as you seem to need to hear it again. The Death card rarely ever means real death. It means that like less than 1% of the time. It is extremely rare that it means that, the times it means that in a reading are almost non-existant. The Death card simply means something that will end to make room for something better to come. Physical death can be seen that way if yuo believe in an afterlife...the ending of our life and the going on to something better. But allow me to say one more time, the chances that your card meant that are infinitessimal. The card very rarely has that meaning. In almost 6 years of reading I have seen that meaning once, and hundreds of times it has just meant what ti meant. Something ending to make room ofr something better to grow from it.

In fact, the situation you are describing is a perfect situation to get the Death card in. You are undergoing the kind of situation in your life that WOULD be traditionally described by the Death card. So that is all it is I am sure. When we are in a situation of change....when the change occurs that means me stop doing things in the old usual way and start doing them in a better more efficient way. That is the kind of thing the Death card usually describes. Since you are in a period fo change I am sure that is all it means.

The same with the Tower. It simply means that something will change suddenly and sometimes unexpectedly and that will change the path you are on in your life.

Please try to let go of any ideas that these are bad cards. There really are not "bad" cards in Tarot. There just aren't althuogh that is a popular misconception amongst newibes. Death and The Tower are just as likely to describe good positiive situations.

A positive example for the Death card might be someone who has just graduated from University. That is a Death card situation....their life as a student has ended to make room for something better, this wonderful career in something they love.

I once got the Tower telling me that this man the querent liked was going to suddenly and unexpectedly just grab her and give her a big kiss and yes that would naturally have changed the course of their relationship afterwards, but in a good way and the card was very good news and something that was wished for.

Death and the Tower likely just mean that you are in a period of change in your life. Things are changing both in subtle and quicks ways. It does not mean they are changing for the worse, so please do not jump to that conclusion. They could just as easily be changing for the better.

You are facing your fears now not beacuse they are what the cards are saying but because you need to face them to move forwards in your life and with the cards. And what we need to face for our own goods, life throws it in our faces. To be a Tarot reader you need to get past any fear of the Death or the Tower cards. And that is likely why you are facing those right off the bat, so you can learn not to fear them and move forward from there.

You can also do readings on how not to fear whatever worries you. Or on what is happening unconsciously when you have certain fears. I have done tons of those and they have truly helped me. And yes I to have had anxiety disorder for a while. Tarot is a good tool for helping with that.

And btw, no one can tell you Card A and Card B combined equals C. You'll learn that more and more. Each of us reads differently and there are no mathematical formulas for what means what.

Babs

Aladdin

Greetings -

If this is any consolation to you i've often seen DDT at difficult times in my life.
The second 'D' being the Devil. Always this has meant an emotional and physical enema of the redundant and useless, coupled with the mentally stark realisation this was necessary.

Asbestos Mango

First off, I think Death and the Tower (and the four of Swords in most decks) should have "Don't Panic" written on them in large, friendly letters.

Also, I suffer from an anxiety disorder, as well as bipolar disorder, and I've also been through the wringer job wise (currently on Social Security Disability- things got so bad that I suffered a breakdown).

Anyway, if Death and the Tower are showing up a lot in your readings, I would say the message is "Change your situation before it is changed for you, in a way that will be very painful".

Find a good therapist. Take a class. Look for a job that you will enjoy, or maybe do some volunteer work (looks good on a resume).

All the best to you. I hope you can find a new job soon, one that you will be happy in, before your current situation wrecks your mental health. Like I said, I've been there. You're in my prayers.

Aerin

I did once hear of Death and Tower showing up for someone who didn't yet know she was pregnant.

Death = end of life as it was
Tower = to a much greater extent than it could be imagined

AND a beginning of new life for both her and the babe.

With all the changes you are going through, I wouldn't be in the least surprised to see those cards showing up.

For me, it's tended to mean:
Death = time to let go of the past and walk through a new door
Tower = being stripped back to essentials, may be painful but ultimately a good thing.

I hope that you get access to any help you need to do this.