Yet another tedious Reversals question!

SunChariot

lawguy51 said:
Still experimenting with Reversals. So, those of you who use them, when you are laying out, say, a CC spread, do you allow the first card to be reversed. I've read plenty on the crossing card where it is stated that it should be read upright no matter how it comes up. But I do recall in my very first Tarot book that came with the IJJ Swiss deck, wherein it said that if the first card comes up reversed, to turn it back around and flip the remaining cards top to bottom, which has the same effect as turning the deck around. Myself, I'm for having that first card upright so I've been turning the deck around if it comes up reversed. Also, with decks like the Haindl, I can tell from the back whether a card is reversed or not so that, if I do my last cut and see that the first card to be flipped will be reversed, I just turn the deck around. Just curious what the rest of you do.

Lawguy51

Well, I never really use the CC so I can't tell you much about that. It was, of course, the first spread I ever used, but I never used it much again.

As for the Haindl, which was my first deck, I know what you mean. It's one of those decks where you can tell when the cards are reversed from the backs.

But when I use reversals with it, I don't turn the deck around.

I just proceed as usual with reversals...take the deck before starting (which will be all upright, I reorganise so they are all facing the same way after each reading), divide it in two, put one upside down on top of the other...shuffle a number of times, split the deck in three...At that point it will be evident if the first card on one of more of the piles is reversed, but I ignore that. Then, as per usual, I put my left hand over each pile to see which pile has the most energy and put that pile on top of the other two and draw the cards from there.

Babs

priscilla

i never use reversal in CC, if the card is reversed, i turn it upward again.

SunChariot

Well I can only answer some of what you asked, since I do use reversals (sometimes, it depends) but I don't use the CC or any spread at all usually.

But I do have the Haindl also, it was my first deck. :grin: I know what you mean, you can really see if a card is reversed by its back. When I use reversals with my Haindl....I do what I usually do, split the deck into three piles, recombine them putting the one emanating the most energy on top, and pull the cards from teh top of the deck.

But no, I leave them exactly as they land. I would never turn a pile over. To me, the point of doing a reversal (or a reading) is to let the universe give you the answers in the form it feels is truth. The cards should lay themselves out properly if you trust in that. If you fiddle with them after, to me it undoes the meaning of the reversals in the answer, as cards that were not mearn to be reversed end up reversed, or vice versa.

Just my ideas...

Bar

PS Oh darn. LOL This thread is so old I already answered it and don't remember. I just saw my post a few posts up. LOL