Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 186: February 21st - February 28th

Elendil

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: HERE

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles or Lenormand decks:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings Journal

Lenormand Decks - Threads in Lenormand Journals forum
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Readings Journal

Participants:
1. AJ : Thoth Deck
2. BodhiSeed : Tarot of Pagan Cats and Cat Wisdom Oracle
3. Madrigal : Robin Wood Tarot and the Vintage Wisdom Oracle
4. Eyebright : Chrysalis Tarot
5. VGimlet : MerryDay Tarot and Tabula Mundi (majors only)
6. Elendil : the fey tarot

AJ

Thoth for me, my greenie is loose!
Thanks Elendil!

I had a lot of fun doing the chinese new year readings last week. all pure fortune telling, which I normally don't do at all. So I have 32 readings on my blog, and I'll check back time to time and see how they are doing :)

BodhiSeed

I have 32 readings on my blog, and I'll check back time to time and see how they are doing :)
Keep us posted! :)

I'm in with the Pagan Cats (mini) and the oracle Cat Wisdom (borrowed from my daughter :)).

Madrigal

Thoth for me, my greenie is loose!
Thanks Elendil!

I had a lot of fun doing the chinese new year readings last week. all pure fortune telling, which I normally don't do at all. So I have 32 readings on my blog, and I'll check back time to time and see how they are doing :)

Keep us posted! :)

I'm in with the Pagan Cats (mini) and the oracle Cat Wisdom (borrowed from my daughter :)).

Love both your blogs!

As to the Topic, how does it work? I'd like to be part of it as I have a good number of decks but the links lead to threads that seem somewhat inactive. Or I'm missing something? Do you choose a deck (or two) and keep your own musings on it. I don't see threads where posters talk about the decks. Or is it all done by blog?

BodhiSeed

Love both your blogs!

As to the Topic, how does it work? I'd like to be part of it as I have a good number of decks but the links lead to threads that seem somewhat inactive. Or I'm missing something? Do you choose a deck (or two) and keep your own musings on it. I don't see threads where posters talk about the decks. Or is it all done by blog?

Thank you Madrigal. :)
Some of us have blogs and we post our draws there. Others may have online or handwritten journals. Some folks might not post anywhere! :D Basically this group is just a commitment to stick with a deck for a week, however you choose to do it. If we're using new decks, we might come back to this thread and post what we think of them. Sometimes others who know what we're using for the week might ask us questions. We don't have a lot of boundaries, rules or "have-tos" here! :laugh:

Madrigal

Thanks, BodhiSeed, for the clarification. I have extensive notebooks on Evernote and mostly post there.

I'm working with Robin Wood Tarot and the Vintage Wisdom Oracle this week. Kind of a strange combination but I pull the VWO cards at night for dream/sleeptime and it's been interesting to see the interplay and serendipity between the VWO and the RW Tarot.

Eyebright

I'm going to stick with Chrysalis again this week. I really like the deck, but I'm still struggling with it a lot! Thanks E for running the group :heart:

Madrigal, I've been posting my daily draws to my Daily Draw thread in the Your Readings forum. I like to be able to keep my readings in one place, so I can reflect back on them. Well that's the plan, I've been through a hug tarot hiatus, but I'm back reading and using the cards for myself again, so getting back into the swing of things!

VGimlet

I'm in with (yes, it's the final week) the MerryDay Tarot and the Tabula Mundi majors which I am looking forward to using.

I have a written journal, but sometimes I post here about how I'm finding the deck, and once in a great while if something interesting happens I post in the daily draw thread.

Welcome Madrigal, and welcome back Eyebright.

And thanks for keeping this rolling along Elendil.

Madrigal

Thanks, everybody, for the warm welcomes and clarification as to how this thread works. I've got rather a lot of decks which makes me appreciate the Robin Wood all the more. It's traditional enough for that part of me that appreciates a certain amount of lineage and yet has enough movement and expansion in it to satisfy the quiet rebel in me :D I also find this deck to have a lot of joy in it, even the traditionally difficult cards are portrayed with such vibrancy and movement that I often get the feeling, this too shall pass.