Deck on walkabout?

Padma

Now I have this silly image of a New Palidini and Art Nouveau deck lying side-by-side on matching towels on a beach somewhere.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Things often go missing from obvious spots in my house - decks, glasses, coats even. And then randomly turn up a week or two later, in the same spot. Totally fairies. Offer them a dish of cream overnight, and ask them for the safe return of the goods - that can speed it up! (I tried this once and it worked like a charm!)

Barleywine

Not with decks but with other things. I think it's a form of "selective blindness." My wife and I do a tango on this one: she can't find something and I go find it right where she thought she put it. Someone once told me it means you were abducted by aliens as you went to look for the item and then put back right where you were with no memory of the adventure. It's the opposite of the phenomenon "Now you see it, now you don't." :D

closerwalking

what a fun thread! I wonder what would show up if one consulted tarot on this? or perhaps ask the borrowing party, if I can make a trade? ie, I'll give you this in exchange for return of that? perhaps ask the "borrowers" to make themselves known? How fun! Since moving to OR, I have been experiencing odd things disappearing. things like a pretty bag, or silk scarfs. and the vibe when I have tuned into it feels youthful, playful. I never considered Fairies, lol.

Barleywine

what a fun thread! I wonder what would show up if one consulted tarot on this?

I can see someone saying "I really should do a reading to see where my deck went, but that's the only deck I own!" I guess there's always horary astrology, which can be useful for finding misplaced items. At least I've had some success with it.

Sibylline

Definitely a fun thread!

I had the opposite happen with a new deck I hadn't yet purchased...

I had been looking for Brian Williams' Renaissance Tarot for about 7 years with no luck. Around last Christmas, I was in a store that sold tarot...and no Renaissance deck, right? I turned my head away for a minute or two and, when I looked back at the decks, Williams' deck was right in front of my face. No one else was near that shelf where the decks were.

The weird thing was it was the original US Games print of the Renaissance Tarot--not the fairly recent reprint.

Benevolent fairies?

Now if they can only send me a copy of Rohrig... :D

Padma

MaryHeather, you can always ask others here to help you locate your deck - you can start a thread in the "divination" sub-forum, asking others if they can "see" where the lost deck is. I have had great luck finding lost objects via the help of other members here :)

Colleen007

I have earrings disappear. One time it was both of them. And just like that, they were both returned, and exactly where they were supposed to be months later. I currently have one earring on hiatus. It disappeared about 3-4 weeks ago, so I don't know when it will be back. I always thought of them as being in another dimension. I never thought of fairies!

jolie_amethyst

My favorite bunny slippers have hidden themselves yet again. Ever since I took them to the Le Pavillon hotel in New Orleans, they have a mind of their own. LOL Could be fairies, could be ghosts--the ghosts at Le Pav have played with both my husband and I on two seperate week-long stays there. (Never seen so many items pull vanishing acts as I do when I stay there. The spirits are very good about giving them back though when asked. Very friendly sorts.) my favorite earrings are out of sight too, for that matter. But as with anything missing here, realistically, it could also be the general clutter in the house that's keeping me from finding stuff!

Decks, on the other hand, mostly stay where I put them, perhaps because I'm a bit more consistent about putting them away. Except for the Druid Plant Oracle, come to think of it. That vanished within the first couple of days after it entered the house, and I haven't seen it since. Hmmm....

Still, I'd rather have the bunny slippers show back up. I have the app version of the deck to tide me over. :joke:

magpie9

Of course, the absolutely guaranteed way to find a deck on walkabout is to order a new copy. Works every time. The minute the new deck moves in, the old deck comes out of hiding. Sibling rivalry? :rolleyes:

gregory

Of course, the absolutely guaranteed way to find a deck on walkabout is to order a new copy. Works every time. The minute the new deck moves in, the old deck comes out of hiding. Sibling rivalry? :rolleyes:
That's true actually. I have two Mystic Dreamer decks because of that... and losing that big box in the first place was No Mean Achievement ! But it's nice to have a copy in Canada too, so...