Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 187 : February 28th - March 7th

Elendil

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: HERE

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles or Lenormand decks:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings Journal

Lenormand Decks - Threads in Lenormand Journals forum
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Readings Journal

Participants:
1. BodhiSeed : Revised Knapp-Hall (aka Revised New Art Tarot) and the Viking Lenormand.
2. AJ : Pictish Oracle
3. VGimlet : Prisma Visions Tarot
4. Elendil : Kitty Kahane Tarot

Elendil

I am considering taking a break. I don't know whether or not I will even continue with my blog. I haven't decided whether to join in this week or not yet...

I hope someone will step forward and keep the group together after this week.

E.

BodhiSeed

Perhaps we should all just take a break. If someone wants to keep the group going, I'm sure they will step up. Like you, I have limited time to be on Aeclectic these days.

ETA: If we do have a new thread, I'll be using the Revised Knapp-Hall (aka Revised New Art Tarot) along with the Viking Lenormand.

AJ

don't give it a thought. Look how long I've managed to put off updating the altered/trimmed card thread. And no one has died or Anything :)
And those of us who've changed decks each week were doing it for years before the thread became another way to meet up...

that said I don't have a clue what deck I'll pull tomorrow. Perhaps I'll finally bust the olive jar Bhodi's Pictish oracle has been imprisoned in...I know...but it seemed like a good storage idea at the time.

Ok, put me down for that

jema

yeah, don't feel bad. I kinda ditched the weekly thread myself cause for one - my tarot interest is slightly waning and secondly I decided to stick to mainly TdMs for a bit with the odd deck thrown in as I see fit.

Most of the time my cat is napping on my spread cloth and my current deck though.
purring some love into my spreads and jumbling them up :-D

VGimlet

I can give a try keeping the thread up, unless everyone wants to take a break.

Friday is my consistent day off, so chances are I will be able to start the new thread. I am also not on Aeclectic as much as I once was, but I'll give it a shot, if people want to keep it up. I think it's a nice drop in thread. :p

I will PM you privately tonight Elendil, because I have a few questions. I am off to work now.

Oh, and I'm in with the Prisma Visions Deck.

Elendil

Limping in with the Kitty Kahane Tarot for this week...

AJ

thanks for stepping up to the plate VGimlet. I only realized today half of your username is missing. Did you have a usernameectomy?

Eyebright

Elendil you have done a fabulous job running the thread since NikkiB left. Everyone needs a break sometimes, so you shouldn't have any worries or second thoughts about the thread, either it will continue or it won't and as AJ says, everyone will survive! :heart:

I didn't even use my cards last week, I kinda did one or two readings with the Mary-el, and had a go at a couple of lenormand spreads which I'm trying to master. I struggle being on AT regularly, as the hype and madness that is generated over the "latest" deck tends to have me rushing to buy it too. Then I regret it when it arrives, as it's not all that special and I could have lived without it. My finances at the moment just can't support the deck lusting AT brings with it. As a consequence I try to limit my time on the site these days...

VGimlet

thanks for stepping up to the plate VGimlet. I only realized today half of your username is missing. Did you have a usernameectomy?

I don't know, Heh. It looks okay to me...Or are you thinking that because my user name is a short version of Vodka Gimlet? (Named after the drink, as my dad owned a bartending school for many years...) From the days when your username a) should not be your real name, especially if you were female, and b) no more than 8-10 letters...)

And to stay on track, I am finding the Prisma Visions very readable so far and I am adding it to the List. :p

AND I am happy to be keeping the list going. I do wonder how NikkiB is doing now and again.