No more decks for me for a while :(

Clockwork Ghost

I've done an analysis of my finances for the next six months, and things are looking really grim. No more decks for me for at least half a year... *cries* :(

magpie9

Horrible, but there are still cheap apps and trading. Take heart, at worst you will go deeper into the decks you have. Not a total loss.plus, you can use some of the money from going pro for new decks!

Nereid9

Perhaps if you have craft/cardmaking supplies you might try making a Tarot deck.

dancing_moon

Sorry to hear about your finances. :( But there's a bright side to it: you'll get more time to play with the decks you already have. Just imagine this: with your current collection of 141 decks (if I remember correctly), if you spend only 3 days with each one of them, it'll still take you more than a year to go through your entire collection. And I'm sure you're bound to find some really lovely surprises if you do. :thumbsup:

danieljuk

I keep my deck buying as a treat, I have to do something to deserve a new deck and save up for them. I just buy a few a year and very selective which ones!

When I was buying quite a lot at once and had more money, I noticed I never studied or went through the decks I had. Dancing Moon is totally right that you can spend more time on what you do have now :) and there will be more decks in future!

AJ

when I get the occasionally financial wake up call I shout into the mirror, "are you six years old or what?"
It is so easy to get pulled under by the airborne virus Instant gratification.
If you have that many decks you have a gold mine, mine it.

Barleywine

I keep my deck buying as a treat, I have to do something to deserve a new deck and save up for them. I just buy a few a year and very selective which ones!

Me too . . . wake up, check pulse, still there . . . you deserve a deck, my boy! I went through a deck buying spree last year and have barely used any of them since I got really sucked in by Lenormand (where the choices - and the enticing variations - are fewer). I'm on a fixed income and won't touch my investments for a few years, so it becomes a matter of self-discipline (augmented by spousal disapproval): "What? ANOTHER deck?" And she's a tarot believer.

greatdane

I'm retired and on a very fixed income and TRADES are where I find decks! Either trading one I have or picking one up at a great price. Sometimes I check Amazon vendors who don't often know what a deck is worth. I picked up a PRISTINE deck printed decades ago and it was like brand new. That someone had gotten and then just stored. And I picked it up for about half or less than I thought it would be.

So there is hope even if one doesn't have a lot of extra cash!

luxshine

I feel you.

Unless something drastically changes, I'm also not getting any new decks until September, if then.

Unfortunately for me? Amazon is not a solution given their huge shipping charges, so.. yeah :(