Talking to sprits?

EyeAmEye

Whos Lama?

Im curious if that is possible or not?

It was a joke to make a point. A lama is an animal.

The point I was trying to make is anyone can make a spread designed to communicate with someone or something. Since you can always physically draw cards for anything, does that necessarily mean the cards drawn are indeed a message from the person/spirit/entity you are attempting to communicate with? How would ever know if you did in fact receive a valid message specifically from the one you intended?

bluelagune

It was a joke to make a point. A lama is an animal.

The point I was trying to make is anyone can make a spread designed to communicate with someone or something. Since you can always physically draw cards for anything, does that necessarily mean the cards drawn are indeed a message from the person/spirit/entity you are attempting to communicate with? How would ever know if you did in fact receive a valid message specifically from the one you intended?

Thats why I was asking if that ever worked for anyone.
As to the family members, they kinda know you so I would assume they think of what is best for you and not just attaining specific outcome?

Grizabella

Just one time I asked the Wild Spirit deck what my deceased husband would say to me if he could and I got cards that definitely seemed to be what he would have said to me. I wasn't trying to communicate with him, though, just asking what the message would be if he could tell me.

I don't use a Ouija board and I don't try to communicate with spirits with the cards, either. I think the other side is hidden from us for good reason, the same way that I believe our dreams are the subconscious' way of dealing with the things we're unable to mentally deal with in life and that that's how it was designed to work.

bluelagune

Just one time I asked the Wild Spirit deck what my deceased husband would say to me if he could and I got cards that definitely seemed to be what he would have said to me. I wasn't trying to communicate with him, though, just asking what the message would be if he could tell me.

I don't use a Ouija board and I don't try to communicate with spirits with the cards, either. I think the other side is hidden from us for good reason, the same way that I believe our dreams are the subconscious' way of dealing with the things we're unable to mentally deal with in life and that that's how it was designed to work.

Thank you. I dont own a ouija board, never been interested in one either. We did the pencil thing and sizors on a thread when we were kids but most of the names we got were never relatives.

However, the question about your husbands thoughts is an excellent idea. I really need some advice and the cards are telling me what to do for possible outcome where I want to know if this is what is best for me as person. The second question pertaining to evil energy stuff ....

Dreams, yes. If I remeber them I pay attention. They are a good indicator but Im not sure how to control them so they show me the answer to specific question.

Shade

For this I generally pull two cards or two sets of card. One card (or one set of cards) is about how the spirit is at this time. It's worth noting that almost every time I have done this the cards have been very tranquil (4 of wands a few times) and I take that as highly encouraging info about the afterlife.

The second set is the advice the spirit has on the question that has been asked, or their advice in general if there was no question.

bluelagune

Thank you.

Can you elaborate on first set question. Do you ask how they feel or how they feel about you or how they feel about situation?

For this I generally pull two cards or two sets of card. One card (or one set of cards) is about how the spirit is at this time. It's worth noting that almost every time I have done this the cards have been very tranquil (4 of wands a few times) and I take that as highly encouraging info about the afterlife.

The second set is the advice the spirit has on the question that has been asked, or their advice in general if there was no question.

celticnoodle

Thank you.

How useful are these? Has anyone ever tryed talking to them and if yes, where they successful at resolving issues?

Yes, and there are many spreads here on A.T. that you can find to help you with this. I believe I noticed someone did provide the link here to the spreads.

I believe I was successful when I did the readings, yes. I've done them for myself and also for others--and each time, it seemed to be what we'd say was a success.

I did a "message from the dead spread" once regarding a member of my family.
It helped me understand some stuff but It's not like when I went to see a professional medium who really brought me messages.

I agree that it is better to visit a medium. But then, you will still have people who will not believe in mediums, and you'll also run into mediums who are not on the up and up. You are the best judge on that.

I can also tell you of another way to talk to spirits yourself. Ask your spirit loved one a question and then be patient and be open to the answer. It may come to you immediately, or it may take a day or two--a week or two, a month or two. Continue to ask it each day and wait for the answer.

But, yes, tarot cards can also help you to talk to spirits.

seven stars

I've never considered myself a "medium" but I've done a lot of readings for people on their dead relatives, & they've all been pretty strong readings so, who knows.

I always tell people, though, that it's iffy at best whether these readings are actually from the dead or if they're tapping into the beliefs of the questioner.

For example, the first time I ever read for the dead was for a friend of mine who wanted me to do a reading on her dead mother. The cards came up just really violent & hateful & vindictive & cruel. I told her it was kind of confusing me what I was seeing, & she insisted I just tell her straight up. She said it was right on target, as it turned out, her mother in life had been a terrible alcoholic schizophrenic child beater who used to beat her across the face with belt buckles. She took the reading to mean that she had NOT found peace in death & that she carried her chaotic nature beyond the grave. I told her, it could also be that this was how she remembered her.

What's interesting to me is that even though I've read for people with drastically different belief systems than my own, the readings invariably reflect the questioner or dead person's beliefs, not mine.

GotH

I read for a woman not long ago who wanted to know if her deceased husband was in peace. According to the cards, this guy's spirit was far from peace. She couldn't understand why but the cards were clearly saying his soul was in turmoil. I knew nothing of their history so this was not my reflection. She was shocked that he wasn't enjoying paradise somewhere, so the only possibility left was that this energy I was picking up was his.

seven stars

Oh...word of advice....never tell a widow that her husband will come back to her as a cat.