Deviant Moon - Knight of Swords

teomat

This Knight is not to be messed with (nor is his 'horse')!

Both seem to mimic each other. The Knight bears a fierce expression and bares his teeth. The beast does the same. The Knight's weapon is his sword - the beast's is his sharp teeth and horn.
Both rear-up ready for the fight.

Is the 'horse' the beast within? Which the Knight keeps a tight rein on? A bit like the Strength card - although perhaps the Knight is more akin to his beast. He IS the beast - aggressive, dangerous but also focused, with purpose and without fear.

The Knight's sword is somewhat different from the other Sword courts. The others hold broad swords with similar hilts (though with subtle differences). The Knight's sword is more thin - perhaps more practical and precise than a broad sword (which may be more symbolic and 'decorative') . Thus although the Knight is warlike and aggressive, he is also precise and highly-skilled.

The beast itself seems to be a horse-dragon hybrid. Knights traditionally battle with dragons, either slaying them or being killed themselves. The Knight of Sword has not only defeated his dragon, but he has also tamed it into his steed. To do so requires great strength, not only physically but mentally as well. The Knight is thus powerful in mind as well as body.

afrosaxon

Knight of Swords, rearing on his horse, sword drawn. The knight wears a red tunic trimmed in gold beneath his armor. His horse has a horn on the end of his nose. The knight almost looks to be too big to be riding the horse, like he grabbed the first horse available in order to start his quest.

Knight seems to be too big for his horse (and thus more apt to fall off), I'm wondering if someone is taking action without really making proper preparations...looking before you leap, if you will, which is a characteristic of most of the Knights in the Tarot.

The horse and the horn...the horse is ready for battle, but the Knight may not be the one who can successfully guide him through battle.

bumble bee

Knight of Swords- Deviant moon

The knight of swords indicates fast action. The knight does look a little big for the mount but I'll bet he moves fast. In the mystical world a dragon will get you where you want to go from one world to the next. Im not sure if that thing can fly but from the look of his hind legs he looks like he could jump long distances.

zephyr_heart

I think this card indicate someone who is always ready for some actions.

The city gate is open in the distance, so it could mean that he is always ready to take actions immediately at any time necessary.

allen770

Horse as Dragon?

bumble bee said:
The knight of swords indicates fast action. The knight does look a little big for the mount but I'll bet he moves fast. In the mystical world a dragon will get you where you want to go from one world to the next. Im not sure if that thing can fly but from the look of his hind legs he looks like he could jump long distances.

I didn't know that dragons HAD hind-legs? I mean, the one tattooed upon my left shoulder doesn't (!!!) but that one's Chinese. Hey! This dragon on the Court Card doesn't have a "beard," either!

I think that there should be a seperate section for the study of ALL of the Court Cards and I'm going to PM the moderator regarding this, too.

allen770

Open Gate

zephyr_heart said:
The city gate is open in the distance, so it could mean that he is always ready to take actions immediately at any time necessary.

Great observation, zephyr_heart . . . nice!