4 of Pentacles as obstacle?

KnightOfTheCosmos

Hey all! I did a monthly tarot reading and for obstacle of the month I got 4 of Pentacles, which I got to mean that my foundation is stable but it may be so stable that I'm afraid to take risks and be more open to change. The 2 of Swords I got as advice, which I took it to mean that I have to mame a decision about something instead of stalling. I also have to listen to my emotional side, as I may just be paying attention to logic.

I got Temperance as the outcome of the month, and I really hope that's a good sign. I took it to mean that things will balance out and I'll probably integrate certain areas of my life.

I could use some help with interpreting these but especially with the 4 of Pentacles. I usually get that card when I'm afraid to be vulnerable and I'm inclined to think that's what it means now. I'm halfway through the month, so I'm trying to see if it's playing out now. It could be playing out but I'm just not aware of it.

Any help would be appreciated, as I always welcome different interpretations. Thank you. :)

rwcarter

Moderator Note

KOTC, how many cards were in your monthly reading?

KnightOfTheCosmos

KOTC, how many cards were in your monthly reading?

I'm pretty sure this is in the right forum because this isn't the whole reading. My whole reading had 8 cards (theme of the month, one card for each week, something positive for the month, obstacle, advice for obstacle, and the outcome).:)

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Yes, it's in the right forum. It helps if you state in your opening post how many cards were in the whole reading or that you're listing less than half of the cards from the reading. As it was an 8 card reading, you could list and/or discuss up to 4 cards from the reading.

KnightOfTheCosmos

Yes, it's in the right forum. It helps if you state in your opening post how many cards were in the whole reading or that you're listing less than half of the cards from the reading. As it was an 8 card reading, you could list and/or discuss up to 4 cards from the reading.

Okay! I'll make sure to do that for any future posts. Thanks for letting me know! :)

KnightOfTheCosmos

Whoops, I actually got the 2 of Swords and not 2 of Cups. I'll change the original post. Remembering that it was the 2 of Swords makes me remember why it confused me so much.

Grizabella

As an obstacle, the 4 of Pentacles may be saying "hang onto your money (and/or other resources) because there will be a financial crunch coming up. The 2 of Swords follows through on that idea by saying "don't window shop or temp yourself in other ways.

The Temperance card as outcome indicates that if you follow this advice, you'll end the month on a nice, even keel, having managed to cover everything without stress.

KnightOfTheCosmos

As an obstacle, the 4 of Pentacles may be saying "hang onto your money (and/or other resources) because there will be a financial crunch coming up. The 2 of Swords follows through on that idea by saying "don't window shop or temp yourself in other ways.

The Temperance card as outcome indicates that if you follow this advice, you'll end the month on a nice, even keel, having managed to cover everything without stress.

Thank you so much for actually helping me out! :D

I always get confused about the 4 of Pentacles because I never know if it's referring to money issues or taking risks/being vulnerable. I was wondering if it was referring to funds. I'm actually saving money bit by bit and putting it in my savings. I've also been trying to go without things that I don't really need. Interesting meaning you got for the 2 of Swords, and it makes sense! It's sort of saying for me to really be decisive about saving money, if I'm interpreting your meaning correctly?

I was wondering if this was referring to my job search in anyway because I've literally stopped focusing on everything else because I'm trying to find a job. But it seems like it's focusing on something else.