6 of cups reversed

almalibrarian01

Hi Alma, to me a 4 Cups Reversed could mean end of boredom, apathia and dissatisfaction, that is things are starting to look up for the querent, because he/she is more prone to be open to new possibilities and life in general. He/she is feeling more motivated and willing to take some initiative.

Hi Elena, that's how I've always interpreted it in the past too! I'm glad to see someone thinks the same way I do about it. I think this is one of those cards that when you read it reversed it's easy to see it's meaning.

Thirteen

So...ask the cards what you can do to change things

My interpretation therefore of 6 of cups reversed is maybe this idealized situation becoming clearer and more realistic in some way.
I agree that the 6/Cups upright indicates an innocent relationship, one that is filled with joy and likely ignoring any realistic aspects that might upset the status quo. And I agree that the 6/Cups rx does indicate reality coming in and a loss of that innocence.

BUT that's all the 6/Cups rx says will happen. It doesn't guarantee that, afterwards, the relationship will continue grounded and realistic. It *might*...but it might not. Maybe *you* will want to continue on with a realistic and grounded relationship...but maybe he won't. The card can't promise you what will be after "reality" changes things. Just that this change is happening or is going to happen.
And yet I feel unable to let go of my past impressions of his kindness and goodwill toward me.
There is no reason to let go of your past impressions, and no reason that 6/Cups rx would indicate that his feelings of good will and love are gone. But people grow. People change. Situations change. And relationships sometimes have to change with them. If you found someone and got married...wouldn't that change your relationship? I don't mean erase the friendship, but it would alter the dynamic between you, wouldn't it? The 6/Cups rx isn't predicting that he's going to become a horrible person, or that your relationship will fall apart. But it is saying is that it's not going to be as it was. And that can be upsetting because the 6/Cups, which you've clearly had with him, is very reliably comfortable and happy. Even if the change is small, it can be upsetting. You, clearly, don't want it to change. But that card keeps coming up. So the tarot is warning you. Something is changing. Either you or he or both of you...and it will change your relationship.

—> If you don't want this to happen, pull that card (6/Cups rx), put it on the table, shuffle the deck and ask "What can I do to change this and turn it back around to upright for our relationship?"<—

MODERATOR NOTE: if you do this extra reading, DO NOT POST IT IN THIS THREAD. All one card readings must be posted in Your Readings. You can post a link to that new post here, but not discuss the card you go in answer to that question here, in this thread.

almalibrarian01

I agree that the 6/Cups upright indicates an innocent relationship, one that is filled with joy and likely ignoring any realistic aspects that might upset the status quo. And I agree that the 6/Cups rx does indicate reality coming in and a loss of that innocence.

BUT that's all the 6/Cups rx says will happen. It doesn't guarantee that, afterwards, the relationship will continue grounded and realistic. It *might*...but it might not. Maybe *you* will want to continue on with a realistic and grounded relationship...but maybe he won't. The card can't promise you what will be after "reality" changes things. Just that this change is happening or is going to happen.

There is no reason to let go of your past impressions, and no reason that 6/Cups rx would indicate that his feelings of good will and love are gone. But people grow. People change. Situations change. And relationships sometimes have to change with them. If you found someone and got married...wouldn't that change your relationship? I don't mean erase the friendship, but it would alter the dynamic between you, wouldn't it? The 6/Cups rx isn't predicting that he's going to become a horrible person, or that your relationship will fall apart. But it is saying is that it's not going to be as it was. And that can be upsetting because the 6/Cups, which you've clearly had with him, is very reliably comfortable and happy. Even if the change is small, it can be upsetting. You, clearly, don't want it to change. But that card keeps coming up. So the tarot is warning you. Something is changing. Either you or he or both of you...and it will change your relationship.

—> If you don't want this to happen, pull that card (6/Cups rx), put it on the table, shuffle the deck and ask "What can I do to change this and turn it back around to upright for our relationship?"<—

MODERATOR NOTE: if you do this extra reading, DO NOT POST IT IN THIS THREAD. All one card readings must be posted in Your Readings. You can post a link to that new post here, but not discuss the card you go in answer to that question here, in this thread.

Hi Thirteen! I did what you suggested. Here is the link. Check it out and offer feedback if you like! I'd love to hear what you think of my interpretation:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=4993121#post4993121

Curious1

IMHO, 6 of cups reversed is a DESIRE to return to the past. ie. Reliving "the glory days", or, longing for "the good old days".

almalibrarian01

IMHO, 6 of cups reversed is a DESIRE to return to the past.

I agree but I wonder if it can also mean looking to the good things in the past? I wonder too if this card can mean a kind of innocent nostalgia, like remembering something good about the relationship fondly, while preparing for it to change....

Curious1

LOL! We must have been posting at the same time.

The past has already changed into the present - so I don't see where any "preparation" takes place.

almalibrarian01

LOL! We must have been posting at the same time.

The past has already changed into the present - so I don't see where any "preparation" takes place.

I mean in preparing for future changes :) I pulled 6 of cups reversed but then several other cards, all having to do with my future with this guy. The other cards suggest major changes coming.