DISCUSSION THREAD: Tea Leaf Oracle Fortune Cards.

Amanda

Ah, okay :) Sent her a PM.

Padma

you'll have to let us know if she reveals anything really helpful in regard to interpreting the cards, Amanda! :D

strangebrew

Myself, I think the cards are obliquely literal. I really do think they can mostly be taken at face value - the words on them - to me - don't match up with the meanings. Have also had same experience as CN and DU in that the cards don't seem to match the headers, if you are using one - you know, career, love etc.

I can see how they would be much better at longer-range type predictions...I will have to try month ahead-type readings...and see if those make more sense! CN - you physically shuffle that big deck in your hands? lol!

I wonder, SB, does your boyfriend have a slighter build, or dark hair and eyes, and a moustache...? (whiskers! :laugh: ) they may be implying a physical kind of resemblance - a thinner or wirier person, a physically quick person...? And very bright...

Amanda - I think Rae said if we had more questions, to pm her...I just reread her post - maybe she'd help you with your interps if you go directly to her...?

I also think there are too many cards...

Lotus he has ALL those things you stated above :) ~~ both physical and intellectually...but the connotation of the rat card is very negative and he isnt like that at all.....he is crazy about me and very very loyal :)

Padma

Lotus he has ALL those things you stated above :) ~~ both physical and intellectually...but the connotation of the rat card is very negative and he isnt like that at all.....he is crazy about me and very very loyal :)

So there you go. It's a physical descriptor, not a character one. :) Problem solved!

Rae Hepburn

Hi - thank you for asking me to join the forum.

I'll be posting in the forum from now on. I'm no great techie, that's the reason I asked everyone to PM me as I couldn't find a way to post in the forum. My daughter came over and solved the problem. I just wrote a long PM reply to Amanda and for some reason the forum had logged me out and so I was unable to send it to Amanda. I will answer her again in the forum.

I'll be really happy to answer any questions as I think it would be beneficial to us all.

Rae

Padma

awesome, thanks, Rae! :heart: we are struggling, indeed!

Rae Hepburn

oh yay! You came by, thank you, Rae!

I have a question - if you are doing a daily draw, is it better to draw 4 or five cards...? As three cards never quite seems to cover the whole events of the day - or the hints are oblique :/ Or, maybe the tea leaves are not suited to daily draws...? Would appreciate your views in that regard!

Also, do the book meanings always apply...or are they very literal for you sometimes?

Many people pull just one card a day as a general guide to the day. However it is up to the person pulling the cards what number they feel comfortable with. It also depends on whether you are asking the cards a specific question (in which case I would go with an Astral House Pyramid) or just want an overall view.

The book meanings are there as a guide to the essence of the symbol. There are over 600 tea leaf symbols. There is no way you can make a deck of 600 cards so in order to try and get the essence of a tea leaf reading with the cards, I used the most common symbols and eliminated symbols that rarely appeared. I also eliminated any symbol that basically duplicated another symbol and combined its meaning into one card. For example APPLE and BOTTLE both mean temptation. Apple usually means being tempted morally, Bottle means being tempted by substances. I incorporated both symbols into Apple and gave it the meaning "Temptation will test you."

I hope this helps.

Rae:)

Rae Hepburn

Ah, okay :) Sent her a PM.

I hate to do this to you, Amanda, but do you think you could post your question to me on the forum. I wrote a super long pm reply to you and somehow got myself logged out in the process, so all that writing went to waste. It was one of those OMG moments.

Rae :(

Amanda

Aw that's okay, I'm sorry that happened to you! I really appreciate the time you are taking to help us out. :)

Mainly, I just wanted to pick your brain about the mental process you tend to take when reading these cards. I had some examples of difficult cards... here is my original question to you:

Like, say you pull 5 cards, and you've got most of them that can flow into each other nicely but then you have one with a shorter meaning on it kind of sticking out like a sore thumb... do you give special attention to that card? Or is there some way you can sense a break in the cards -- I guess I'm curious about your mental process when interpreting! :)

Here is an example of the Horse being the sore thumb:

Arrow + Ant + Horse + Dog-Barking
I put: "You are on the right path regarding work, achievement, and success. A short journey will lead to advice from a friend." -- Is that how you would read it?

Broken Ring is another I struggle with, because I don't know when it's referencing romance, or business! Example:

Dagger + Forest + Broken Ring + Beetle
I put: "Fear, worry, or a tense situation will muddle thinking. A parting of the ways (in business?) will bring good fortune." -- I thought it might be business here since there weren't really any love cards...?

So, I guess also -- how much do you allow the cards to affect one another? In the example above I gave the Broken Ring -- would that be like breaking away from muddled thinking... or will the muddled thinking lead to breaking away from a tense situation and having better luck elsewhere?

Lourdez

Oooo thank you thank you for this thread I worked with mine alot last year but haven't at all this year so I'm off to pull them out again. They started off being so accurate then it slowly went off for me so I put them away.