Psychic tarot:using your natural abilities to read the cards, content preview

1Eleven

Wow, thank you so much!

sapienza

I received this book for my birthday last week and am really looking forward to reading it. So far I'm only through the introduction but am keen to continue on. I too am wondering what deck to use as I work through the book. My goal this year is to be less intellectual with my tarot and really work on using, and trusting, my intuition. I feel hopeful this book will be a good step in the right direction. :)

celticnoodle

I would recommend using a deck you are comfortable with already. When I do give this book and a deck to new tarot readers, which I have done, I generally stick with a RW deck. But, as you are familiar with tarot already, I would stick with a deck you knowand use and like. Just my opinion. You can always repeat the book with another deck later, if you wish to.

HOLMES

I read the book finally

i got the book sometime ago,, last fall, but i didnt' post anything about it

it was for I misunderstood the spirit part for when i first read it,, i honestly thought it was all spirits are all friendly so you can open up to them when it spoke of opening up to spirits you sense.
til i reread it tonight,, and on page 85 is there important information.
"the only communication needed for a ghost is telling it to go to the light or else"!
after there is a discussion of what differnce there is between spirits who have gone to the light and come back and ghosts hwo are earthbound spirits.

on page 88 , one of the authors discusses her spiritual team, jeus, angels , white stag and some rabbits.
(and probaly since then added more)

with that in mind,, the rest of the book went through like butter in my hands.
reading the part of the sight and other things.

at one part of the book near the end,, there is a discusison of evolution of tarot readings that one may see.
tarot reading.. then tarot reading with hint of sight, tarot and psychic reading,, til pyschic and hint of tarot til psychic reading.
that is perhaps the only thing that i see a little problem is since it is a whole tarot book, that that section leads to reading without the tarot. which is of course a worthy goal for some.. however to the person who wishes to become an ideal of a ultimate tarot reader.
i would of added psychic reading wtih the tarot so you do your impresisons and then flesh it out with the tarot.
perhaps that will change with me as i grow in sight, and in connection with spirit guides.

i will share that when reading through the major arcana family section i had insight based on previous ideas in my head to rearranging the cards to make a new journey for where i am at my life,, and offer it to others.
(which is nothing new,, it was first probaly explored in the tarot reversals where mary k greer went through the devils journey).

so after exploring the book, it is now higher on my list, and pleased to have nancy on my facebook list :) (note i didn't ask her any questions on my thoughts about the book for i wanted to get it out of the way for myself via the book )

Skydancer

So I was wondering ... how is everybody else coming along with the book?
Has there been an additional workbook released yet??

thanks -

babycrone49

Workbook

Hi Skydancer,

I will get the workbook out but probably not till Fall. I wanted to add new individual and group exercises so I started a Meetup group with the expressed intention of trying new ones out on them. We've been having a lot of fun...maybe too much since the workbook is on the back burner!

~nance

celticnoodle

Oh, I'll be keeping an eye out for that workbook, Nance! Be sure to let us know here when it is done and ready to purchase. :D

caz241

Yay, I've got mine. Haven't had a chance to start reading it yet :( but will do soon.

MrsPanda

I know I am bumping an old post but I just finished reading this book on my kindle. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for in a book! It opened my eyes to some new ideas in terms of going to the gray area with readings. The book also touches on moral and ethical standards in the Tarot that I have never really thought about. This is a well written book and it is very beginner friendly. I definitely recommend this. I noticed a huge difference in my professional readings after incorporating some of the advice this book gives.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

I know I am bumping an old post but I just finished reading this book on my kindle.
For the record, bumping old posts is encouraged at Aeclectic. :thumbsup: